Skip to content

Cleveland Browns' possible pick Joe Haden runs disappointing 4.57 in 40

The Browns Board
24 17 2.0k
  • C clebron wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Leon Hall ran a slow 40 (i think 4.6), he's working out pretty well for Cincy

    oh and to op, I highly doubt you run faster than a 4.5

  • Leon Hall ran a slow 40 (i think 4.6), he's working out pretty well for Cincy

    oh and to op, I highly doubt you run faster than a 4.5

    ThaakT Thaak wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @clebron said:

    Leon Hall ran a slow 40 (i think 4.6), he's working out pretty well for Cincy

    oh and to op, I highly doubt you run faster than a 4.5

    Yes, because Lord knows, anyone who posts on an internet message board can't be athletic or fast.

  • @clebron said:

    Leon Hall ran a slow 40 (i think 4.6), he's working out pretty well for Cincy

    oh and to op, I highly doubt you run faster than a 4.5

    Yes, because Lord knows, anyone who posts on an internet message board can't be athletic or fast.

    C clebron wrote on last edited by clebron
    #23

    @thaak said:

    Yes, because Lord knows, anyone who posts on an internet message board can't be athletic or fast.
    I was "clocked" at 4.6 in highschool and was an all-state OLB, when it came time to run electronically timed 40 for college camps I ran a 4.9

    My point was that a 4.6 is fast enough to play CB in the nfl, but the widespread mistakes in hand timing makes us think otherwise

    I wasn't calling the OP a liar, just likely misinformed

  • @thaak said:

    Yes, because Lord knows, anyone who posts on an internet message board can't be athletic or fast.
    I was "clocked" at 4.6 in highschool and was an all-state OLB, when it came time to run electronically timed 40 for college camps I ran a 4.9

    My point was that a 4.6 is fast enough to play CB in the nfl, but the widespread mistakes in hand timing makes us think otherwise

    I wasn't calling the OP a liar, just likely misinformed

    ThaakT Thaak wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @clebron said:

    I was "clocked" at 4.6 in highschool and was an all-state OLB, when it came time to run electronically timed 40 for college camps I ran a 4.9

    My point was that a 4.6 is fast enough to play CB in the nfl, but the widespread mistakes in hand timing makes us think otherwise

    I wasn't calling the OP a liar, just likely misinformed

    Ok, fair point. Different timing systems may create different results, usually the difference, in one form or another, is based on human error.

    But a 4.6 40 translates roughly to a 10.5 100 yard dash, which was good for 3rd or 4th place in most of the track meets I was involved in. I was not a sprinter, so I never ran that fast. But I bet I could have gotten a 4.7 or 4.9 40, but would beat most of the 4.2’s for the first 5 or 10 yards. I have incredibly fast initial twitch muscles.