Skip to content

Who watches the History Channel?

Barber Shop Talk
23 13 3.1k
  • I don't like when they have all that programming that has nothing to do with history.

    No offense, but Ice Road Truckers, Axe Men, all this gang crap they do, should be on the Discovery Channel or some such Channel, not the History Channel.

    I have mixed feelings about the Pawn Stars and American Pickers stuff. They do get into questions about history when they talk about some of these artifacts, but they are still not my cup of tea.

    Last night, or Saturday, they had a good story where they were chasing down the legends of Jesse James. That is the sort of thing I prefer.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't like when they have all that programming that has nothing to do with history.

    No offense, but Ice Road Truckers, Axe Men, all this gang crap they do, should be on the Discovery Channel or some such Channel, not the History Channel.

    I have mixed feelings about the Pawn Stars and American Pickers stuff. They do get into questions about history when they talk about some of these artifacts, but they are still not my cup of tea.

    Last night, or Saturday, they had a good story where they were chasing down the legends of Jesse James. That is the sort of thing I prefer.

    I like some of the others, but I understand where you are coming from. A few days ago they had a great perspective on the life of Andrew Jackson.

  • Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #22

    I always liked "tales of the gun".

    It was always interesting seeing the evolution of weapons throughout the decades and wars into what they are today.

    I would have to say the Kalashnikov episode was one of my favorites.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I don't like when they have all that programming that has nothing to do with history.

    No offense, but Ice Road Truckers, Axe Men, all this gang crap they do, should be on the Discovery Channel or some such Channel, not the History Channel.

    I have mixed feelings about the Pawn Stars and American Pickers stuff. They do get into questions about history when they talk about some of these artifacts, but they are still not my cup of tea.

    Last night, or Saturday, they had a good story where they were chasing down the legends of Jesse James. That is the sort of thing I prefer.

    I like some of the others, but I understand where you are coming from. A few days ago they had a great perspective on the life of Andrew Jackson.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @ballpeen said:

    I like some of the others, but I understand where you are coming from. A few days ago they had a great perspective on the life of Andrew Jackson.

    Yea, I am not saying there is no place for Ice Truckers and Axe Men, but the History Channel, to me, is not the place.