Skip to content

Question For Browns Fans

The Browns Board
46 24 3.6k
  • @riffer-x said:

    Dixon and Minniefield, Mike Johnson, Greg and Mike Pruitt, Kevin Mack, Eric Metcalf, Tom Deleone, Doug Dieken, Rob Burnett and Eric Turner to name a few. Clay Mathews, too.

    Riffer beat me to it. Frank Minnifield is the best corner that i've ever seen play the game (for any team).

    @roach said:

    Riffer beat me to it. Frank Minnifield is the best corner that i've ever seen play the game (for any team).

    I have to disagree. Although Minni and Dixon were phenominal and are my favs. I hate to say it because he got a lot of attention but D. Sanders was the best cover corner I have ever seen. Revis is getting there but you just couldn't throw to that said or he would make you pay. I don't like Dieon, but he was the best. With that said, if I were building a team I would still take Minni and Dixon over Sanders. More less because I'm a homer. Plus, they were more physical.

  • @roach said:

    Riffer beat me to it. Frank Minnifield is the best corner that i've ever seen play the game (for any team).

    I have to disagree. Although Minni and Dixon were phenominal and are my favs. I hate to say it because he got a lot of attention but D. Sanders was the best cover corner I have ever seen. Revis is getting there but you just couldn't throw to that said or he would make you pay. I don't like Dieon, but he was the best. With that said, if I were building a team I would still take Minni and Dixon over Sanders. More less because I'm a homer. Plus, they were more physical.

    @mopaji said:

    I have to disagree. Although Minni and Dixon were phenominal and are my favs. I hate to say it because he got a lot of attention but D. Sanders was the best cover corner I have ever seen. Revis is getting there but you just couldn't throw to that said or he would make you pay. I don't like Dieon, but he was the best. With that said, if I were building a team I would still take Minni and Dixon over Sanders. More less because I'm a homer. Plus, they were more physical.

    We're talking about some great cover guys here. Other than his great cover skills, things that stick out about Frank to me are (1) He seemed to never miss a tackle. His technique and reliability were at a different level. (2) He was a student of the game. He was like an on-field coach. If a Safety missed an assignment (Sisko), he was immediately with the guy on the way back to the huddle (not to show him up, just to make sure he knew his assignments). i always expected him to coach after his playing days, but apparently that hasn't happened.

  • @jibz said:

    What was Eric Turners story? Did he die?

    If you start the did he die shit, I will personally come over and smash your face in your keyboard.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    If you start the did he die shit, I will personally come over and smash your face in your keyboard.

    Well, someone chastised me for thinking that the people on this board should be aware of who the Hall of Famers that played for the Browns are. It was said that "younger people and non-Browns fans wouldn't know those guys".

    Parenthetically then, it stands to reason that there are younger people and non-Browns fans who do not know about Eric Turner.

    Note that yes, E-Roc did die. (liver or kidney failure I believe). Here are his career stats;

    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TurnEr00.htm

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    If you start the did he die shit, I will personally come over and smash your face in your keyboard.

    Well, someone chastised me for thinking that the people on this board should be aware of who the Hall of Famers that played for the Browns are. It was said that "younger people and non-Browns fans wouldn't know those guys".

    Parenthetically then, it stands to reason that there are younger people and non-Browns fans who do not know about Eric Turner.

    Note that yes, E-Roc did die. (liver or kidney failure I believe). Here are his career stats;

    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TurnEr00.htm

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, someone chastised me for thinking that the people on this board should be aware of who the Hall of Famers that played for the Browns are. It was said that "younger people and non-Browns fans wouldn't know those guys".

    Parenthetically then, it stands to reason that there are younger people and non-Browns fans who do not know about Eric Turner.

    Note that yes, E-Roc did die. (liver or kidney failure I believe). Here are his career stats;

    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TurnEr00.htm

    He died of intestinal cancer at the age of 31, RIP.

    I was referring to the "did he died" shit that little fags post. It's like putting a finger an inch from someones face saying, I'm not touching you.

  • @roach said:

    Riffer beat me to it. Frank Minnifield is the best corner that i've ever seen play the game (for any team).
    to the best of my recollection Minni got burned more than Hanford did, and if you asked Top Dawg personally i bet he'd tell you the same. 😆

    but so would Frank. lol

    those two pioneered the shut-down/complete corner in the NFL.

    BEST. TANDEM. EVER.

    (posted on youtube by FM's son Chase Minnifield, twitter @cminni13)

    @sisky-fringo said:

    to the best of my recollection Minni got burned more than Hanford did, and if you asked Top Dawg personally i bet he'd tell you the same. 😆

    but so would Frank. lol

    those two pioneered the shut-down/complete corner in the NFL.

    BEST. TANDEM. EVER.

    (posted on youtube by FM's son Chase Minnifield, twitter @cminni13)

    Look right at minute 1:20, the news at the bottom is talking about Dan while he was talking, I just thought it was weird.

  • @roach said:

    Riffer beat me to it. Frank Minnifield is the best corner that i've ever seen play the game (for any team).
    to the best of my recollection Minni got burned more than Hanford did, and if you asked Top Dawg personally i bet he'd tell you the same. 😆

    but so would Frank. lol

    those two pioneered the shut-down/complete corner in the NFL.

    BEST. TANDEM. EVER.

    (posted on youtube by FM's son Chase Minnifield, twitter @cminni13)

    @sisky-fringo said:

    to the best of my recollection Minni got burned more than Hanford did, and if you asked Top Dawg personally i bet he'd tell you the same. 😆

    but so would Frank. lol

    those two pioneered the shut-down/complete corner in the NFL.

    BEST. TANDEM. EVER.

    (posted on youtube by FM's son Chase Minnifield, twitter @cminni13)

    Of course, the Raider fans would argue that the best tandem ever was Mike Haynes and Lester Hayes.