Skip to content

Shawn Rodgers' arrest a good thing for the Browns?

The Browns Board
44 24 4.0k
  • @the-gipper said:

    You are right. A guy that is 350 pounds and as good an athlete as he is really is pussified if he thinks he needs to carry a gun around.

    He's not pussified. He's from Texas, everyone has a gun in Texas, he moved to Detroit, everyone needs a gun in Detroit, and now he's in Cleveland traveling to Detroit and Texas. He's a pretty rich and well-known person but outside of that, he's from Texas! I repeat, everyone has a gun in Texas. I really think he just forgot about it. My aunt actually used to carry a gun with her everywhere she went, yes even airplanes, until post 9/11 when her gun was confiscated at Hopkins. No charges were filed and she wasn't even registered. It was just something she always did. I have to beleive it's the same for Rogers who is from Texas and lived in Detroit. People keep saying he must of known where his gun was but honestly, I don't think that's true. If you do something that long, you don't really think abiut it anymore. Granted, it was irresponsible, but I don't think it makes him stupid or criminal. He F'ed up and that's that. I doubt he'll even get punished by the courts but Goodell may waive a heavy hand at him.

    I'm not mad at ya Shaun! And I still think we can get a 2nd rounder for ya!

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @mopaji said:

    He's not pussified. He's from Texas, everyone has a gun in Texas, he moved to Detroit, everyone needs a gun in Detroit, and now he's in Cleveland traveling to Detroit and Texas. He's a pretty rich and well-known person but outside of that, he's from Texas! I repeat, everyone has a gun in Texas. I really think he just forgot about it. My aunt actually used to carry a gun with her everywhere she went, yes even airplanes, until post 9/11 when her gun was confiscated at Hopkins.

    what an excuse! the gun was cocked and had a bullet in the chamber. i understand that some places he frequents you might need personal protection. HEY GUESS WHAT, DON'T GO TO THOSE PLACES!!! have mom and your your hood friends over to your place. you also proved a theory of mine: TEXAS SUCKS!!

  • @mopaji said:

    He's not pussified. He's from Texas, everyone has a gun in Texas, he moved to Detroit, everyone needs a gun in Detroit, and now he's in Cleveland traveling to Detroit and Texas. He's a pretty rich and well-known person but outside of that, he's from Texas! I repeat, everyone has a gun in Texas. I really think he just forgot about it. My aunt actually used to carry a gun with her everywhere she went, yes even airplanes, until post 9/11 when her gun was confiscated at Hopkins.

    what an excuse! the gun was cocked and had a bullet in the chamber. i understand that some places he frequents you might need personal protection. HEY GUESS WHAT, DON'T GO TO THOSE PLACES!!! have mom and your your hood friends over to your place. you also proved a theory of mine: TEXAS SUCKS!!

    E Earl34 wrote on last edited by Earl34
    #42

    @miktoxic said:

    what an excuse! the gun was cocked and had a bullet in the chamber. i understand that some places he frequents you might need personal protection. HEY GUESS WHAT, DON'T GO TO THOSE PLACES!!! have mom and your your hood friends over to your place. you also proved a theory of mine: TEXAS SUCKS!!

    Shaun is from LaPorte, Texas which is right outside of Houston and up the road from my hometown. The crime rate is usually not too high there. 2.1 crimes per 1000 pop (vs 11.2 in Houston). In 2003, there was one homicide in that town. Don't assume that having the gun is because he's from Texas. I'm from Texas and I don't carry a gun. Plaxico Burress isn't from Texas. Allen Iverson isn't from Texas.

    PS: A bullet in the chamber + cocked gun = literally as stupid as you can be

  • @miktoxic said:

    what an excuse! the gun was cocked and had a bullet in the chamber. i understand that some places he frequents you might need personal protection. HEY GUESS WHAT, DON'T GO TO THOSE PLACES!!! have mom and your your hood friends over to your place. you also proved a theory of mine: TEXAS SUCKS!!

    Shaun is from LaPorte, Texas which is right outside of Houston and up the road from my hometown. The crime rate is usually not too high there. 2.1 crimes per 1000 pop (vs 11.2 in Houston). In 2003, there was one homicide in that town. Don't assume that having the gun is because he's from Texas. I'm from Texas and I don't carry a gun. Plaxico Burress isn't from Texas. Allen Iverson isn't from Texas.

    PS: A bullet in the chamber + cocked gun = literally as stupid as you can be

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @earl34 said:

    Shaun is from LaPorte, Texas which is right outside of Houston and up the road from my hometown. The crime rate is usually not too high there. 2.1 crimes per 1000 pop (vs 11.2 in Houston). In 2003, there was one homicide in that town. Don't assume that having the gun is because he's from Texas. I'm from Texas and I don't carry a gun. Plaxico Burress isn't from Texas. Allen Iverson isn't from Texas.

    PS: A bullet in the chamber + cocked gun = literally as stupid as you can be

    There is a reason there is only one homicide. Everyone is packing, see the correlation. Plain and simple it's his right to carry and own a gun, just not being an ass and leaving it in his bag getting on a plane.

  • @earl34 said:

    Shaun is from LaPorte, Texas which is right outside of Houston and up the road from my hometown. The crime rate is usually not too high there. 2.1 crimes per 1000 pop (vs 11.2 in Houston). In 2003, there was one homicide in that town. Don't assume that having the gun is because he's from Texas. I'm from Texas and I don't carry a gun. Plaxico Burress isn't from Texas. Allen Iverson isn't from Texas.

    PS: A bullet in the chamber + cocked gun = literally as stupid as you can be

    There is a reason there is only one homicide. Everyone is packing, see the correlation. Plain and simple it's his right to carry and own a gun, just not being an ass and leaving it in his bag getting on a plane.

    E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @kosar_for_president said:

    There is a reason there is only one homicide. Everyone is packing, see the correlation. Plain and simple it's his right to carry and own a gun, just not being an ass and leaving it in his bag getting on a plane.

    It's only 20 miles from Houston which had 265 murders last year. What correlation would that be?

    La Porte has 38,000 people, so the murder rate per 100,000 people would be 0.00002

    Lincoln, Nebraska has a murder rate of 1.6 per 100,000 people

    Houston is 13.1

    New York is 23

    New Orleans is 64 per 100,000

    per the 2008 FBI Data