The Gipper's Guide to America
-
well, I'll bet that Gipper has never been here:
https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/conrad-maldives-underwater-villa
lol.
question - some friends called, asked if we would be interested in the four of us going to Yellowstone, etc.
Never been out west. What all is out that way that we won't want to miss?
-
well, I'll bet that Gipper has never been here:
https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/conrad-maldives-underwater-villa
lol.
question - some friends called, asked if we would be interested in the four of us going to Yellowstone, etc.
Never been out west. What all is out that way that we won't want to miss?
well, I'll bet that Gipper has never been here:
https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/conrad-maldives-underwater-villa
lol.
question - some friends called, asked if we would be interested in the four of us going to Yellowstone, etc.
Never been out west. What all is out that way that we won't want to miss?
Looks like some 007 stuff.....but interesting.
-
well, I'll bet that Gipper has never been here:
https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/conrad-maldives-underwater-villa
lol.
question - some friends called, asked if we would be interested in the four of us going to Yellowstone, etc.
Never been out west. What all is out that way that we won't want to miss?
well, I'll bet that Gipper has never been here:
https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/conrad-maldives-underwater-villa
lol.
question - some friends called, asked if we would be interested in the four of us going to Yellowstone, etc.
Never been out west. What all is out that way that we won't want to miss?
At least the drive through Rocky Mountain National Park on Trail Ridge Road. I know it's a little out of the way from a direct drive to Yellowstone, but well worth it for the spectacular mountain views. If you go in the summer let me know when and I can be your guide. Also the Grand Tetons just south of Yellowstone. Got to see that.
-
I once saw a copperhead ouside my front door. Just repainted my house:

-
I once saw a copperhead ouside my front door. Just repainted my house:

I once saw a copperhead ouside my front door. Just repainted my house:
That there is the best kind of girlfriend to have.Bet she never gives you any sh-it about anything. Just sits on that rail and stays quiet.?
-
well, I'll bet that Gipper has never been here:
https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/conrad-maldives-underwater-villa
lol.
question - some friends called, asked if we would be interested in the four of us going to Yellowstone, etc.
Never been out west. What all is out that way that we won't want to miss?
well, I'll bet that Gipper has never been here:
https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/conrad-maldives-underwater-villa
lol.
question - some friends called, asked if we would be interested in the four of us going to Yellowstone, etc.
Never been out west. What all is out that way that we won't want to miss?
Tell you probably want to read this entire thread to get some ideas and some stuff. I’m on my phone so this is not the best way for me to answer that question but I can give you a few highlights as far as out West. He obviously going to Yellowstone is a top place. Yosemite national Park in California. The Grand Canyon. Crater lake in Oregon. I guess the real question is which parts of the West do you want to visit ? It’s a big country
-
Yosemite. Grand Canyon. Yellowstone.
-
well, I'll bet that Gipper has never been here:
https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/conrad-maldives-underwater-villa
lol.
question - some friends called, asked if we would be interested in the four of us going to Yellowstone, etc.
Never been out west. What all is out that way that we won't want to miss?
well, I'll bet that Gipper has never been here:
https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/conrad-maldives-underwater-villa
lol.
question - some friends called, asked if we would be interested in the four of us going to Yellowstone, etc.
Never been out west. What all is out that way that we won't want to miss?
If you happen to be passing by the Little Bighorn here is some history for you. Just so you know I don't let political differences get in the way of relationships with people I have more in common with than not. One of my best friends is a former Special Forces/Secret Service big time Trump supporter with whom I share racquetball, the Vietnam experience and love of the outdoors. We have ongoing emails and personal conversations on politics, but we also have ongoing shared interests which we discuss as well. I like him and he likes me so "there it is" as they say. I love the West, history, hiking the trails and firearms. So does my younger brother who is further right than you if you can believe that's possible. He would think John Birchers are pinko commies. Now with him we just stay away from politics except when I am sharing my likes of Republicans I'd rather see running the country.
There is one glaring mistake in the narrative in this video, "For thousands of years Indian tribes road the northern plains...." Not until the Spanish introduced the horse to the Americas did they ride anything unless somebody found a way to tame a buffalo. LOL!?
-
well, I'll bet that Gipper has never been here:
https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/conrad-maldives-underwater-villa
lol.
question - some friends called, asked if we would be interested in the four of us going to Yellowstone, etc.
Never been out west. What all is out that way that we won't want to miss?
Tell you probably want to read this entire thread to get some ideas and some stuff. I’m on my phone so this is not the best way for me to answer that question but I can give you a few highlights as far as out West. He obviously going to Yellowstone is a top place. Yosemite national Park in California. The Grand Canyon. Crater lake in Oregon. I guess the real question is which parts of the West do you want to visit ? It’s a big country
Tell you probably want to read this entire thread to get some ideas and some stuff. I’m on my phone so this is not the best way for me to answer that question but I can give you a few highlights as far as out West. He obviously going to Yellowstone is a top place. Yosemite national Park in California. The Grand Canyon. Crater lake in Oregon. I guess the real question is which parts of the West do you want to visit ? It’s a big country
Since we both got sick this past week we had to cancel going to Boston/R.I., but we have rescheduled to go again Memorial Day week with two of her sisters & husbands and are staying that Fri-Monday at Whaler's Inn in Mystic Seaport. One of the reasons I loved Melville's Moby Dick was the details in the book about how the whaling ships operated. This is the big attraction in Mystic for me, the last remaining wooden hulled whaler, Charles W. Morgan, which is moored there. Have any of you been there?
-
Tell you probably want to read this entire thread to get some ideas and some stuff. I’m on my phone so this is not the best way for me to answer that question but I can give you a few highlights as far as out West. He obviously going to Yellowstone is a top place. Yosemite national Park in California. The Grand Canyon. Crater lake in Oregon. I guess the real question is which parts of the West do you want to visit ? It’s a big country
Since we both got sick this past week we had to cancel going to Boston/R.I., but we have rescheduled to go again Memorial Day week with two of her sisters & husbands and are staying that Fri-Monday at Whaler's Inn in Mystic Seaport. One of the reasons I loved Melville's Moby Dick was the details in the book about how the whaling ships operated. This is the big attraction in Mystic for me, the last remaining wooden hulled whaler, Charles W. Morgan, which is moored there. Have any of you been there?
Since we both got sick this past week we had to cancel going to Boston/R.I., but we have rescheduled to go again Memorial Day week with two of her sisters & husbands and are staying that Fri-Monday at Whaler's Inn in Mystic Seaport. One of the reasons I loved Melville's Moby Dick was the details in the book about how the whaling ships operated. This is the big attraction in Mystic for me, the last remaining wooden hulled whaler, Charles W. Morgan, which is moored there. Have any of you been there?
Actually if you want the real Moby Dick thing go to New Bedford Massachusetts to the whaling Museum there. That is actually where they filmed parts of the Moby dick starring Gregory Peck
-
I am right now in Marshall TX waiting for the Wonderland of lights to start......about 20 minuets to dark.
-
I am right now in Marshall TX waiting for the Wonderland of lights to start......about 20 minuets to dark.
I am right now in Marshall TX waiting for the Wonderland of lights to start......about 20 minuets to dark.
That is worth seeing. Went to it about 10 years ago. Georgetown, Tx. also now has some pretty good amount of lights around the courthouse/town square lite up every night.
-
Some notes about my latest trip:
1. Attended my second away Browns game in Houston. Previous one was in Nashville a couple of years ago.
2. Went to 2 National Park units I had not been to before:
A. New Orleans Jazz. They have a visitor center near the French Market, but in asking them there, they said that the location of the park was anywhere in the city where jazz was being played. So, I did stop here and there to listen to the music that was being played all over town. Every third building on Bourbon St. had a band playing....plus all around Jackson Square
B. Jean Lafitte National Historic Park. There were a couple of sections of this I visited. The Brarataria Preserve, south of the city....which was set in the swamps of where Lafitte held sway in his various endeavours. Also, the Chalmette Battlefield. aka, the site of the Battle of New Orleans, where the scrabbled unit of Americans led by Andrew Jackson made mincemeat out of the professional British Army. Only 20 Americans killed there compared to 1500-2000 Brits.
3.Also drove another portion of the Natchez Trace, from Jackson Miss. to Natchez.
4. Also did a bit of a grand tour around Louisian Bayou country....from New Orleans over to Lafayette to Lake Charles and along the Creole Nature trail.
Ate Crawfish etouffe....and liked it pretty well. Did not have to peel the crawfish, which was a bonus.
-
Since we both got sick this past week we had to cancel going to Boston/R.I., but we have rescheduled to go again Memorial Day week with two of her sisters & husbands and are staying that Fri-Monday at Whaler's Inn in Mystic Seaport. One of the reasons I loved Melville's Moby Dick was the details in the book about how the whaling ships operated. This is the big attraction in Mystic for me, the last remaining wooden hulled whaler, Charles W. Morgan, which is moored there. Have any of you been there?
Actually if you want the real Moby Dick thing go to New Bedford Massachusetts to the whaling Museum there. That is actually where they filmed parts of the Moby dick starring Gregory Peck
Actually if you want the real Moby Dick thing go to New Bedford Massachusetts to the whaling Museum there. That is actually where they filmed parts of the Moby dick starring Gregory Peck
We did that last trip. Sat in church pew where there is a sign that he had sat there, the scene of the sermon in Moby Dick. Loved the whaling museum as well. We also went to the Mayflower replica and could not fool the actress on board into believing her friend Elizabeth Tilley and John Howland were the umpteenth great grandparents to my wife, "But sir, Elizabeth is only 13!". LOL!
PS-whenever we went to the beach in Texas we always dug for Lafitte's rumored buried treasure.
-
With my trip to the Battle of New Orleans site, I have visited most of the sites of the major battles of The War of 1812. At least those that occurred on American soil. There are several in Canada that I have not been to.(the most decisive of which is called the Battle of the Thames).
The only one that I really have not been to is the Battle of Plattsburgh. But that is deceiving, as that battle is also called the Battle of Lake Champlain, and like the Battle of Lake Erie, it really took place out on the water. Though, I believe, like Lake Erie, there is a museum dedicated to the battle on the lake there in the town of Plattsburgh, which I will have to try to get to someday.
Also, with my trip to New Orleans and the two National Park units there, I have now visited 351 out of the 417 National Park units.
-
A great place to visit is Monterey California. Awseome food, great golf, and so close to San Francisco
Just bring lots of money. Very expensive
-
A great place to visit is Monterey California. Awseome food, great golf, and so close to San Francisco
Just bring lots of money. Very expensive
A great place to visit is Monterey California. Awseome food, great golf, and so close to San Francisco
Just bring lots of money. Very expensive
Yes, been there....stayed in Carmel....I actually think Clint Eastwood was Mayor when I was there. Went to the Monterey Aquarium. Did the 17 mile drive. Walked on Pebble Beach golf course. But did not drive down the Big Sur highway (except for a short way)...that is on my bucket list.
-
A great place to visit is Monterey California. Awseome food, great golf, and so close to San Francisco
Just bring lots of money. Very expensive
A great place to visit is Monterey California. Awseome food, great golf, and so close to San Francisco
Just bring lots of money. Very expensive
Especially if you visit the local East of Eden "house".??
Oh wait, that was Salinas! LOL!
-
A great place to visit is Monterey California. Awseome food, great golf, and so close to San Francisco
Just bring lots of money. Very expensive
Yes, been there....stayed in Carmel....I actually think Clint Eastwood was Mayor when I was there. Went to the Monterey Aquarium. Did the 17 mile drive. Walked on Pebble Beach golf course. But did not drive down the Big Sur highway (except for a short way)...that is on my bucket list.
Yes, been there....stayed in Carmel....I actually think Clint Eastwood was Mayor when I was there. Went to the Monterey Aquarium. Did the 17 mile drive. Walked on Pebble Beach golf course. But did not drive down the Big Sur highway (except for a short way)...that is on my bucket list.
We didn’t stay in Carmel. Too expensive. We did do the 17 mile drive and the aquarium. Couldn’t get on the golf course. It was the following week after the tournament. So it was closed until they took all the stands down
-
So, our basic date to go with friends in NC, to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons is the end of May. We'll rent a condo for a week.
Like sight-seeing, easy hiking, animal watching.... maybe some fishing for supper etc, a little safe adventure?
stuff about this trip that folks know is "can't miss" ?
Thanks.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login