leftwich?
-
Rorbotron said:
Big Ben isn't going anywhere. All this is, is a calculated insurance policy. Leftwich knows the offense and he did well in his spot starts. I still don't know why most feel Leftwich is some sub par QB. He's sure as hell better than Delhomme and quite possibly one of the best backups in the league. I was sad to see him go the first time and glad to see him return. Giving up a 7th is nothing and I don't believe Pittsburgh is ready to toss Dixon in their without a contingency plan. I do believe Dixon is more than capable of leading the team to a few wins while Ben serves his suspension. Ben could be gone for 4 games or it could be a conditional suspension where he'll get 4 but if he goes to counseling it could get knocked down to 2, something a few media outlets have reported.In addition to the above ESPN radio reported at some point today that Batch is considering retirement which is another explanation for the signing. Great move if you ask me and lol at the people saying "lol" when the Browns are planning to start Jake Delhomme.
Well, when you start arguing who is better, Leftwich or Delhomme, that is like arguing about which one of Cinderella's ugly stepsisters is better looking.
Grabbing Leftwich is, nevertheless, an indication that the Steelers are not comfortable in handing over the team to Dixon, even on a temporary basis during BRs suspension. (To me, that is not a good sign for his future with that team)
Well, when you start arguing who is better, Leftwich or Delhomme, that is like arguing about which one of Cinderella's ugly stepsisters is better looking.
the older one, everyone knows that.
-
You decide:

-
it all depends with that redhead. if the carpet matches the drapes, then it's her.
-
Actually, I know where Cinderella's ugly stepsisters have gone. One to Tahoe, one to Milledgeville, Ga. Here's one:

Don't you think the resemblance to the cartoon is frightening?
-
Iirc....they just gave up a pick for a qb they let go.....
Colbert needs his head checked
Yea, what is up with that? Leftwich was with the Steelers in '08. How did he leave Peetown? Cut/traded/FA?
Personally, I think he was brought in to play QB while BR is out.
I don't think they will trade BR, but the situation is fluid. I don't see how they could get rid of their "franchise" QB just weeks after ditching their best receiver. That would drastically deplete their offensive capability....I don't care who you may have taken in the draft to replace them.
They would then have to completely rely on their defense, a defense that showed some cracks at the end of last year.
Yea, what is up with that? Leftwich was with the Steelers in '08. How did he leave Peetown? Cut/traded/FA?
Personally, I think he was brought in to play QB while BR is out.
I don't think they will trade BR, but the situation is fluid. I don't see how they could get rid of their "franchise" QB just weeks after ditching their best receiver. That would drastically deplete their offensive capability....I don't care who you may have taken in the draft to replace them.
They would then have to completely rely on their defense, a defense that showed some cracks at the end of last year
.leftwich decided to sign with tampa for roughly the same contract the stools offered.....likely due to...well....florida.
im sure he's ecstatic to be back....
-
Yea, what is up with that? Leftwich was with the Steelers in '08. How did he leave Peetown? Cut/traded/FA?
Personally, I think he was brought in to play QB while BR is out.
I don't think they will trade BR, but the situation is fluid. I don't see how they could get rid of their "franchise" QB just weeks after ditching their best receiver. That would drastically deplete their offensive capability....I don't care who you may have taken in the draft to replace them.
They would then have to completely rely on their defense, a defense that showed some cracks at the end of last year
.leftwich decided to sign with tampa for roughly the same contract the stools offered.....likely due to...well....florida.
im sure he's ecstatic to be back....
leftwich decided to sign with tampa for roughly the same contract the stools offered.....likely due to...well....florida.
im sure he's ecstatic to be back....
He probably signed with Tampa because he saw a chance to start. TB had no established QB like Pittsburgh did. I mean, they still don't, do they? They have Josh Freeman who was a rookie last year, taken in the first round, but he is by no means established, though he will probably be the Bucs starting QB on opening day vs. the Browns. Wouldn't he?
What do you know....already starting to break down the first game!
-
OK, so here is a bit of irony that I just discovered:
When Leftwich signed his FA contract with the Bucs, the Steelers were awarded a compensatory pick in the 7th round of this year's draft: #242 overall. This was not TBs own 7th round pick. They still have that at position #217.
So, now, the Steelers come back to the Bucs and say, we will give you the #242 pick that we got for losing Leftwich to you to give him back to us. Tampa says no, we want your regular 7th round pick, #225 for Leftwich. The Steelers give in and agree to it.
So, basically the Bucs gave up nothing for him, get a year's use out of him. The Steelers get an older, wearier Leftwich and give up their #225 pick.
Tampa now has their own #217 and the #225 pick for a guy they may have released in training camp!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login