Skip to content

Evolution of the Cleveland Browns

The Browns Board
44 22 4.7k
  • Maybe they'll pull his season tickets...hahahahahaha

  • @thaak said:

    I think you are wrong. Only about 60% wanted him gone.

    I'll go somewhere between you guys and say 76%. 😁

    @ballpeen said:

    I'll go somewhere between you guys and say 76%. 😁
    actually, many of the posters who stayed behind supported Mangini from the beginning. 🙂

    p.s. xxxx dawg pound mike

  • Honestly, I liked Mangini even as head coach of the Jets. I'm not a Jets fan at all, but I enjoyed most of the Mangini vs. Belichick hype in the media (though spygate got pretty dull there for a while) and nearly always favored Mangini.

    There is one issue that I still wonder about: Was Belichick wrong to demand of Mangini (as friend) that he not go to the Jets or was Mangini wrong to go there in spite of his friend's demands? If they really were close, as it seems they were, then at least one of them abandoned the friendship over this decision. You might want to say that the opportunity was too great; the friendship had to be sacrificed. On the other hand, you might think that Mangini owed too much to Belichick to go against his wishes on the matter. Not sure what to say.

    In any case these days I enjoy hating the Jets.

  • Honestly, I liked Mangini even as head coach of the Jets. I'm not a Jets fan at all, but I enjoyed most of the Mangini vs. Belichick hype in the media (though spygate got pretty dull there for a while) and nearly always favored Mangini.

    There is one issue that I still wonder about: Was Belichick wrong to demand of Mangini (as friend) that he not go to the Jets or was Mangini wrong to go there in spite of his friend's demands? If they really were close, as it seems they were, then at least one of them abandoned the friendship over this decision. You might want to say that the opportunity was too great; the friendship had to be sacrificed. On the other hand, you might think that Mangini owed too much to Belichick to go against his wishes on the matter. Not sure what to say.

    In any case these days I enjoy hating the Jets.

    @professor_g said:

    Honestly, I liked Mangini even as head coach of the Jets. I'm not a Jets fan at all, but I enjoyed most of the Mangini vs. Belichick hype in the media (though spygate got pretty dull there for a while) and nearly always favored Mangini.

    There is one issue that I still wonder about: Was Belichick wrong to demand of Mangini (as friend) that he not go to the Jets or was Mangini wrong to go there in spite of his friend's demands? If they really were close, as it seems they were, then at least one of them abandoned the friendship over this decision. You might want to say that the opportunity was too great; the friendship had to be sacrificed. On the other hand, you might think that Mangini owed too much to Belichick to go against his wishes on the matter. Not sure what to say.

    In any case these days I enjoy hating the Jets.

    Nobody owes anybody anything. When you're 34 years old and an NFL team offers you a head coaching position, you'd be nuts not to take it. I think that Belichick's sulking over it has proven to represent more of a fear of Mangini on his part rather than a general attitude of not wanting an assistant to coach in your division. Subsequent Mangini-Belichick matchups have borne out that he has every right to be afraid of Eric. When last they met, Mangini's Jets beat Belichick's Pats in prime time in Foxboro.