The nail in the proverbial coffin for DA.
-
Offensive line has not looked good all year IMO. Don't know what happened to Thomas, he just doesn't look the same. Maybe getting lazy with all the new found wealth. Pity.
Sorry I gotta disagree here, the O-Line played fine today. DA had some pressure put on him a few times by two of the better d linemen in the league, but you'll have that. Thomas got bull rushed one time back into DA, but that does not a bad LT make against a premier DL. Did you notice how slow DA is when dropping back away from center compared to Quinn? Oh, and did you also notice Fraley not allowing pressure up the middle like he did time and time again when Quinn was in there. Fraley got our franchise QB injured, and I am still pissed off about it. We need to replace him.
Oh, and did you also notice Fraley not allowing pressure up the middle like he did time and time again when Quinn was in there. Fraley got our franchise QB injured, and I am still pissed off about it. We need to replace him.
Wouldn't surprise me dude, Fraley didn't have anything nice to say about the QB change, quite the opposite in fact.
-
Aloysius said:
I agree.In a way, I think Freeney was as great a challenge for Thomas as Mario Williams was last week. Because of his height, Thomas sometimes struggles against short, stocky pass rushers. In the preseason of his rookie year, Elvis Dumervil (5'11", 260) got under him on back to back plays. And during the regular season last year, I remember Antwan Barnes (6'0 5/8", 245) giving him some trouble. So it's not surprising that Thomas was bull-rushed by Freeney (6'1" 268).
Thomas fared pretty well, but I hope he works on playing lower when he's facing guys like Freeney.
JT has not played as well as he did last year, but that doesn't mean he's still not at a really high level. Fans will see 2 or 3 plays in a few weeks and determine a guy is playing terribly. I thought he did fairly well against Williams and Freeney beat him once today.
JT will occasionally allow someone with a a low center (James Harrison) get under him because his first priority is shutting off the speed from the outside.
He's still a great player and the least of this team's problems. Now Shaffer, that's another story. I'd like for him to be moved and free us up from his contract. Pretty sure he can be replaced with just about anybody for way less cost that are just as effective. Who knows, maybe Tucker can come back and give us another year at tackle, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
I would also look to upgrade Fraley.
JT has not played as well as he did last year, but that doesn't mean he's still not at a really high level. Fans will see 2 or 3 plays in a few weeks and determine a guy is playing terribly. I thought he did fairly well against Williams and Freeney beat him once today.
JT will occasionally allow someone with a a low center (James Harrison) get under him because his first priority is shutting off the speed from the outside.
He's still a great player and the least of this team's problems. Now Shaffer, that's another story. I'd like for him to be moved and free us up from his contract. Pretty sure he can be replaced with just about anybody for way less cost that are just as effective. Who knows, maybe Tucker can come back and give us another year at tackle, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
I would also look to upgrade Fraley.

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login