For Stains Fans Only - Poll
-
Well, exactly 1/3 of yinz (at the time of this posting) would like to see a ratbirds win.
When it started, it actually looked like a ratbirds landslide, but a couple of yinz voted for the Stillers.
Fascinating.
One one hand, I'm not surprised that the margin for ratbirds rooters was 200% by the way yinz talk about the Stillers, bot on the other hand I'm surprised that the pent-up hate and jealousy for the Stillers outweighs the dislike for the franchise that basically screwed your city in the ass.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the poll, feel free to continue voting if you haven't done so yet.
Regards
..... an'at
.
-
Since "rooting" implies that I would actually be cheering on one of these teams, my response would have to be:
c) none of the above - I hate them both.
-
I can deal with the Ratbirds much more now that Billick is gone. NEVER liked that guy.
As far as the old team going to Baltimore, that was Modell's deal, not Baltimore's. All Baltimore wanted was a team back after they lost their Colts, so can hardly blame them. Another unpopular statement here, the Browns went to Baltimore because Modell was behind the financial 8 ball with the Indians no longer playing in the stadium his earnings came from. His organization was screwed by Cleveland sports other than the Browns and the Browns were'nt enough to either keep him afloat (or keep him in the lifestyle he wanted ???). If anyone knows more that I'm missing, please explain and correct me.
I sorely remember the pit in my stomach when it was announced the Browns were leaving and will never be a fan of Modell for doing that, but from a business standpoint, he had to do something. Baltimore's team bailed in the middle of the night and the next day Colts fans were surprised to find their team sneaked away. That REALLY sucks. Hell Indy even compares all their stats to the Colts of Baltimore and talks about all the old Colts. That's a REAL slap in the face. For the fans, I'm glad they have a team and at least they started without comparing to the old Browns. How would you like it if you heard 'the greatest running back ever - Baltimore's Jim Brown' or 'Baltimore's rivalry with Denver when Baltimore's Bernie Kosar went up against John Elway'. That'd piss me off unreal.
As for Denver, I respected Elway (had to), but will NEVER root for a win for Denver EVER. Add to that the fact I just think Cutler is a wiseass kid, is a bonus.
As for the Squeelers, because of guys like Steeler Chuckie here, I hope they get their ass kicked inside out. Maybe a few cheap shots on Princess Ben and Smiley Ward. I respect the Rooney family and the history, knowledge and consistency the program has developed and fostered, but too many of their fans are dicks like our boy here.
-
Well, exactly 1/3 of yinz (at the time of this posting) would like to see a ratbirds win.
When it started, it actually looked like a ratbirds landslide, but a couple of yinz voted for the Stillers.
Fascinating.
One one hand, I'm not surprised that the margin for ratbirds rooters was 200% by the way yinz talk about the Stillers, bot on the other hand I'm surprised that the pent-up hate and jealousy for the Stillers outweighs the dislike for the franchise that basically screwed your city in the ass.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the poll, feel free to continue voting if you haven't done so yet.
Regards
..... an'at
.
Steeler SChuck said:
Well, exactly 1/3 of yinz (at the time of this posting) would like to see a ratbirds win.When it started, it actually looked like a ratbirds landslide, but a couple of yinz voted for the Stillers.
Fascinating.
One one hand, I'm not surprised that the margin for ratbirds rooters was 200% by the way yinz talk about the Stillers, bot on the other hand I'm surprised that the pent-up hate and jealousy for the Stillers outweighs the dislike for the franchise that basically screwed your city in the ass.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the poll, feel free to continue voting if you haven't done so yet.
Regards
..... an'at
.
Fag.
-
I'd prefer that the plot of "The Sum of All Fears" be re-enacted that weekend.
I'd prefer that the plot of "The Sum of All Fears" be re-enacted that weekend.
then we start the slow clap!

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login