Browns fan turns "Yellow"
-
i hope point #6 about BQ turns out to be wrong.
The rest of this essay is right on the money. Too bad we lost this fan. That only makes room for one more drunken turd.
i hope point #6 about BQ turns out to be wrong.
The rest of this essay is right on the money. Too bad we lost this fan. That only makes room for one more drunken turd.
I agree 100% ... excellent rant and right on the money. And I agree, I hope this guy is wrong about ole noodle arm.
I wish I had thought to write that (almost did in calling out the media & fans yesterday and noted for my DA backing). I would never jump ship to be a freaking Steeler fan though, but I'd love to abondon this piece of shit team, although I'm not intelligent like him.
We need this guy on this board, he speaks the truth and ain't a sheep.
-
I think most of us have already "abandoned" this team.
At least emotionally.
-
I don't know who is more an idiot, this schmuck for writing the same issues over and over (can you say redundant) or me for reading halfway through his crap.
Good ridence. Some points are valid, but bottom line, stay true or watch Sunday afternoon old time movies.
I'm not proud of the fans in the stadium either, but I would argue there are probably more that are decent than the meatheads that were making noise last week. There IS a legacy here, just needs to be woken up again. Don't forget, when the Browns came back, we were allowed the colors, name, etc. That carries alot of weight. Do you have any idea how many true blue Baltimore Colts fans were completely lost when they lost their team. They were a class organization and it was taken away. We at least got our identity back. Hold on, things WILL get better and those dumbass fans will once again fade into the crowd of decent fans.
He sure sounds alot like a New England fan ... until their dynasty fades away, which it is starting to do.
-
What? Have you ever considered ending a sentence? I didn't throw an insult at a Cleveland Browns fan. The guy stopped being one, remember? And anyone else who quits being a Browns fan... IS NO LONGER A FAN (and they never really were).
Anyone that can "stop" being a fan and decide to root for another team is a bandwagon douchebag. That's all there is to it. You don't stop being a fan because of management... their are other ways to protest. A true fan has a connection with their team.
+1
This team is a ferrari being drivin by somebody learning to drive stick.
The product is good, its not being used to its full potential.
+1
This team is a ferrari being drivin by somebody learning to drive stick.
The product is good, its not being used to its full potential.
Absolutely agree... On paper, we should be headed for the playoffs this year. I think I even read where some where having the Browns challenging for the AFC championship. Really, we have some great talent. Poor utilization though.
DA - Offensive line has had some poor games. But so has DA.
Stallworth - Who?
BE - Leads the league in what stat for a WR?
Winslow - Maybe we should just start calling him Junior for acting like a 5 year old.
JJ - Hasn't even played.
Play calling has been horrible
Cribbs - The only thing worth watching about a browns game, but I do wish he would take his returns outside a little more often, and he is not utilized properly. Shoot.. Let him start at QB. How much fun would that be to watch.
Secondary - Why not just give them another 10 yards
Aaron Rodgers - The only guy who seems to give a darn on defense
The list could go on and on...
Jeez... The list just goes on and on.
-
He is a Steeler fan. When one decides to engage in glory hunting cos his team is not good, he will not support the enemy, but rather the enemy's enemy.
Point #1 .... on the money !
Point #2 .... we never expected to win the super bowl .. we are happy with a playoff chance or a contention. When we lose to teams like Texans in a must win situation then every fan has the right to get angry. If the players are shooting themselves then we must let them know that. I dont have bosses who go " poor baby ... he is just not ready for the job yet, but i will still give him a big fat paycheck".
Point #3 .... I can only assume he is angry that we drafted BQ and have him as the starter for 2009. nothing personal against DA but we cannot have 2 star QB's getting 2 star salaries. Someone has to go, and the team preferred local boy BQ.
Point #4 .... No Identity is true but that is because we dont have a steadfast game plan thanks to the coaching whom you dont want fired. JL says that he practiced rushing x no of times int he practice and was surprised to get only single digit carries in the game. Explain that ? And to coach young players we need a good coaching staff which we dont have and that means we need to spend money on free agents to fill in the spots which you dont like, so u r going to cry either ways.
Point #5 .... Well i cannot speak for the whole brows fan ... but i can speak for myself. I wanted RAC gone by midway this season and wanted to get Kiffin. Kiffin is a QB coach in USC and will be influential in the development of BQ or DA. Also he can get his dad monte kiffin here which is a major boost to our defense. sadly it never materialized.
Point #6 .... BQ is smart in the pocket, moves well enuf to buy extra 2,3 seconds for BE to get free and drop the catch and also has decent arm power. If you want QB's with big arm power then also be aware that without big time receivers that can often lead to incompletions and interceptions. BA does not fit our offensive line men as they do struggle to buy him time and he is not quick. So BQ with quick movement and good accuracy and average arm power is fine ... unless u want to realign our offensive linemen (without spending money on free agents again).
Point #7 .... The Browns DC has a clue ? excuse me ? I can only assume that u did not watch the games where our defense blew away two big time leads (too busy watching the Steelers game huh ?). By the time our defense got back to being decent ... it is already a bit too late.
My rant is done ... hopefully i did not bore anyone !
-
I'd love to know when Tom Brady replaced Drew Brees.
Conclusion: Rocky is a dope.
-
I saw this on another board and thought you may enjoy the great read....remember, Old Rocky will be hear to stick a boot in your eye when you are down and out.
First of all let me get this straight, I have been a Browns fan for every one of the years I can remember out of my 31 years on this planet, and let me just say that this is my last year as a Brown's fan. That's right, it's official, the fans and the organization have run me out and I will here and forever more be a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers, that's right, I'm not just gonna cheat on my wife, I'm gonna screw her sister and send her the videotape, and if anyone even reads these this is why....
1) The last straw came this Sunday when the Browns fans at the stadium began to cheer an injury to Derek Anderson, CHEER, the same guy they were touting as the greatest thing since sliced bread 12 months ago, illustrating the LACK OF INTELLIGENCE AND PATIENCE of the Browns fans. Yeah, this season is just his fault, not a lack of creative play calling, sub-par offensive line play, total lack of a running game, injury to your overpaid number 2 reciever (Stallworth) and forcing a bad player to be your number 2 (sorry Steptoe), the complete lack of foresight and understanding of how to use your personnel such as Jerome Harrison and getting him the ball in space, lack of understanding of how to use Cribbs in the ever-popular WildDawg formation and never-ever-ever allowing him to throw a pass out of it and keep the defense honest, some of the WORST CLOCK MANAGEMENT IN THE NFL ON CRENNELS behalf, injuries and ongoing mental issues with "THE SOLDIER", and lest we not forget Braylon. All the talent in the world and a total inability to catch the ball. When DA was benched he had 9TD 7INT and a QB rating of 73. Braylon easily left 4 TD on the field in this time span, possibly 5, but add 4 in and that is 13 TD and 7 INT and a QB rating of around 98, plus possibly 2 more wins. Yeah, It's just his fault.
2)The Cleveland Browns totally lack any identity or structure. Since they have returned to the league they have adamantly refused to stick to any sort of plan what-so-ever, fully believing that they can throw money at any problem and it will be fixed, the ownership, who is the only ownership in the league that has it's decisions be influenced by the drunk ignorant fans, but they believe they can throw money at a problem and it is fixed, presto-chango. They along with the fans refuse to recognize the fact that sometimes it takes a few years to get used to the speed and caliber of the NFL, but the Browns, who have never won a Super Bowl, believe that they should win a Super Bowl every year. You see the Pittsburgh Steelers and other teams in the NFL do it every year, draft guys in the 4th, 5th and so on rounds, bring them in, let them play on the practice squad, get used to the NFL, then they start, they are good a lot of times, sometimes it doesn't work out, but they practice PATIENCE and FAITH, not "well you're here, take us to the promised land."
3)The Ceveland Browns are the only organization that does not lead by example and does not learn from the examples of others. Peyton Manning played very well his first year as a starter, then in his second year he struggled as defenses caught up to him and he needed time to adjust to the NFL. Tom Brady went 8-8 his second year as a starter after lighting up the league his first year coming in for the injured Drew Brees, guess what---defenses caught up to him and he had to LEARN. Why don't the Browns get that. Derek Anderson had a Pro-Bowl year last year, then defenses caught up to him and he needed a bit of time to learn, NOPE, NOT IN CRAPLAND, I mean CLEVELAND. No learning curve, Super Bowl or bust, you have got to be kidding me. The Browns sign DA to a 3 year deal, not out of faith, out of pure pissing down their legs because the team at the very top of the organization doesn't even know how to handle success, let alone even get there and stay there. They sign him, name him their starter and all the while trot "THE GOLDEN BOY" around behind him and want him to develop an identity as a starter, get the players to rally around him while the organization itself is dividing the locker room by not fully backing him, hell or either QB for that matter. Then the all knowing fans take to the airwaves and ask "I just don't know what's wrong with Derek Anderson, why doesn't he have any confidence." I realize these guys are multi-million dollar athletes and they should block it out but they are only human. Hey, why don't I come to your office job, get drunk and stand there and chant "Bob, Bob, Bob" or whoever the guy that is below you at your place of employment, but wait you wouldn't want your boss to listen to some drunk a%$hole, well that's exactly what the Browns organization and coaching staff does.
4)NO IDENTITY. The Browns have not had anything close to an identity since they came back into the league, this means that as a team you know you do ONE thing better than anyone else and no matter what you will force the other team to stop you from doing the one thing you are good at, guess what we have not had ONE in a very long time. That starts at the top folks, instead of trusting players, and I don't know, coaching them and teaching them it is ONE AND DONE in Cleveland, you get one shot at greatness and that is it. That couldn't be more annoying and couldn't be more of a byproduct of impatient and ignorant fans, pressure gets to everyone eventually and the Browns are no different.
5) SOME OF THE MOST LOYAL, BUT FOOTBALL IGNORANT FANS IN THE WORLD. Seriously, you are Browns fans, just deal with it, this is your identity. Most fans don't understand what it takes to build a consistently competitive team in the NFL, the problem neither does the CLEVELAND BROWNS ORGANIZATION. I went into the wayback machine to 12 months ago, I was listening to the Brownies die-hards tout Crennel as a great coach, begging for him to get an extension on Sportstalk Radio, now they are just milling around his office taking measurements for new furniture for someone else, NO UNDERSTANDING, NO PATIENCE.
6) The last straw-The GOLDEN NUGGET BOY. I don't know if anyone has the hindsight to remember all the way back to 3 years ago. Remember when 21 other teams did not want to draft Brady Quinn, did anyone ever think to ask themselves WHY we got so "lucky"? There is a simple matter of physics that come into play when throwing a football or a baseball, arm strength and weight training are great but lets be honest you can either HUCK it or not, Brady folks cannot. There are a certain number of throws that NFL scouts look for QB prospects to be able to make when entering the NFL. BRADY QUINN cannot make several of these throws. He cannot make the deep out to either side of the field without throwing a high-arcing ball, deep outs that hang in the air are called INTERCEPTIONS. Golden Nugget also cannot throw the deep ball, he can barely throw it 50 yards deal with it, it is true. All the EAS shakes and weight training will never make a difference. By tapping the Golden Nugget as our savior and starter they have started the process by which they will alienate and eventually force the parting of ways with Braylon Edwards. The one thing we did start to develop as an identity last year was the ability to throw the deep ball to Braylon, bad news, noodle arm cannot do it. For anyone that believes that a WR like Braylon will sign up to catch slant routes and crossing routes only to have his face readjusted by NFL safeties and MLB's better look again, he has made his football career off of the ability to go deep, and it isn't going to change for him, the only difference is now the Browns have a QB who simply cannot get the ball 50 yards downfield. Think I am lying, pull up you-tube video of Brady's private workouts for NFL scouts when he did not even attempt a pass over 30 yards, pull up any Notre Dame tape from his time there. It is called Chad Pennington SYNDROME.
7) The fans take to the airways every Monday to take a verbal crap on the one guy in Cleveland who appears to have his crap together, Mel Tucker. The Browns defensive coordinator is the only one who appears to have a clue. The Browns defense with the exception of two outings has gone out there and overperformed when the offense constantly goes 3 and out and puts them in bad positions. Nobody can get to the QB and despite Shaun Rogers All-Pro caliber play the Browns continue to be one of the worst units in the NFL against the run. Enter the linebacking corps, the Browns defensive line has done their job, plugging gaps and necessitating constant double teams, the linebacking corps is either too slow (Love ya Andra Davis but you are), too small and playing out of position (sorry D'Qwell but you should be outside and rushing the QB), or just too old and a total liability on defense (sorry Willie but you had a great career), and they do not make tackles in the running game where they should, at the line of scrimmage.
This year was the final straw, I am too intelligent to waste my time rooting for a hapless organization such as the Cleveland Browns, they are like having a girlfriend that cheats on you over and over. You take her back, things go good for a while, she even does some nice things for you (10-6 in 2007) then she turns around and screws your friend in your own bed. Well I will not allow the Browns to hurt me anymore.
Sincerely-Former #1 Browns Fan
I saw this on another board and thought you may enjoy the great read....remember, Old Rocky will be hear to stick a boot in your eye when you are down and out.
1. I actually don't recall that many people labelling Derek Anderson as the one. Before the season was over last year and all through the offseason I read many people's complaints that he was innaccurate and locked on recievers and hung then out to dry with bad throws. It's easy to sit there and say if, if, if about missed oppurtunities.
2. I don't think the fans have influenced any decisions.
3. Tom Brady hardly light up the league in his first season. He did not replace Drew Brees.
Peyton Manning actually did better his second season. He had more yards, fewer interceptions, a better td/ interception ratio, better yards per throw, took fewer sacks, had a better completeion percentage, and had a QB rating 20 points higher.
Tom Brady's QB rating was one point lower in his second season than his first as a starter.
At least get your facts stright.
4. Isn't this the same point as #2?
5. Whatever you say.
6. I dount you have the football knowledge to really make such an assesment.
7. The defense sucks.
-
He'll be back.. Just like everyone else. How many times have you said to yourself.. "That's it, I'm done!" And don't lie!!! Everyone has done it! Then after calming down for a day or two.. you CAN'T WAIT TILL THE BROWNS PLAY AGAIN.
PS. I would never EVER cheer for the steelers. I would rather never watch football again.
-
He'll be back.. Just like everyone else. How many times have you said to yourself.. "That's it, I'm done!" And don't lie!!! Everyone has done it! Then after calming down for a day or two.. you CAN'T WAIT TILL THE BROWNS PLAY AGAIN.
PS. I would never EVER cheer for the steelers. I would rather never watch football again.
He'll be back.. Just like everyone else. How many times have you said to yourself.. "That's it, I'm done!" And don't lie!!! Everyone has done it! Then after calming down for a day or two.. you CAN'T WAIT TILL THE BROWNS PLAY AGAIN.
PS. I would never EVER cheer for the steelers. I would rather never watch football again.
I've said it damn near every season since we got the team back.
-
i live in Pa about the same distance from pitts as i do cleveland. when the brownies were taken from me a few years ago it would have been easy to be a steeler fan, but just could never happen. i did lose a little interest for a while but eventually started watching the niners. why, because they are in the nfc and on the other side of the country. any true fan would never turn to black and yellow. its a pride thing. pride for the team and pride for yourself. If i were to show up at a bar wearing black and gold my buddies would take me out back and beat me. and some of them are steeler fans.
guys not a real fan, plus not all that factual either. if your gonna rant at least get the facts right.
-
He'll be back.. Just like everyone else. How many times have you said to yourself.. "That's it, I'm done!" And don't lie!!! Everyone has done it! Then after calming down for a day or two.. you CAN'T WAIT TILL THE BROWNS PLAY AGAIN.
PS. I would never EVER cheer for the steelers. I would rather never watch football again.
-
I stopped reading when the dude said he was gonna be a Pittshole fan.
Good riddance. Wasn't a real fan to begin with. I'm glad when weasels like this get rooted out. We don't want or need these weak and fickle putz's on our side. I'm GLAD when people like this become Squeeler toads. That "team" deserves them.
Doug
-
I stopped reading when the dude said he was gonna be a Pittshole fan.
Good riddance. Wasn't a real fan to begin with. I'm glad when weasels like this get rooted out. We don't want or need these weak and fickle putz's on our side. I'm GLAD when people like this become Squeeler toads. That "team" deserves them.
Doug
I stopped reading when the dude said he was gonna be a Pittshole fan.
Good riddance. Wasn't a real fan to begin with. I'm glad when weasels like this get rooted out. We don't want or need these weak and fickle putz's on our side. I'm GLAD when people like this become Squeeler toads. That "team" deserves them.
Doug
Good lord, I didn't begin to even read that whiney ass post, but if some toolstick says he's going to root for Pittspile because he's "upset" with the Browns by all means go. Let me hold the door open for ya so it doesn't hit you in the ass, although I'll be happy to give a swift boot in the ass myself.
With all the talk about fags on this board lately, that's a true fag.
-
a douchebag fag
-
This guy is a turncoat puss! he dosnt deserve to be a NFL! fan He Sucks!
-
-
Thanks guys for bringing up 'red right 88'
Now i'm recalling old dissapointments to stewq with our current ones.
Good idea for new threads- bring up past horrors and rekindle fond memories, seems like page1 is about beat to death.

-
Naaaa! He ain't quitting. He's just shaking the tree as someone wrote before.
He's got a few good points and some weak ones.
Who cares if Quinn cannot throw the ball 50 yards downfield? Maybe that will spoil our flea-flickers (haven't seen any in a while) but 30 yds are more than enough for me if we can have elusive receivers who can add the missing yards.
The main point is: how passionate can be the fans after another disappointing season?
It's difficult to take a 4-12 season, but it is even more difficult to take such a disaster after dreaming the playoffs the whole offseason.
What will be the temperature in Cleveland in August 2009 come pre-season time?
-
Naaaa! He ain't quitting. He's just shaking the tree as someone wrote before.
He's got a few good points and some weak ones.
Who cares if Quinn cannot throw the ball 50 yards downfield? Maybe that will spoil our flea-flickers (haven't seen any in a while) but 30 yds are more than enough for me if we can have elusive receivers who can add the missing yards.
The main point is: how passionate can be the fans after another disappointing season?
It's difficult to take a 4-12 season, but it is even more difficult to take such a disaster after dreaming the playoffs the whole offseason.
What will be the temperature in Cleveland in August 2009 come pre-season time?
Naaaa! He ain't quitting. He's just shaking the tree as someone wrote before.
He's got a few good points and some weak ones.
Who cares if Quinn cannot throw the ball 50 yards downfield? Maybe that will spoil our flea-flickers (haven't seen any in a while) but 30 yds are more than enough for me if we can have elusive receivers who can add the missing yards.
The main point is: how passionate can be the fans after another disappointing season?
It's difficult to take a 4-12 season, but it is even more difficult to take such a disaster after dreaming the playoffs the whole offseason.
What will be the temperature in Cleveland in August 2009 come pre-season time?
I believe there are some youtube clips of quinn throwing the ball over 70yards in the air if anyone cares to look... Cant see youtube at work.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login