Skip to content

The Clock Starts - OBR article

The Browns Board
23 12 2.9k
  • Zombo said:

    Vickers is "just a blocker" like a three-inch thick porterhouse is "just a steak".

    Vickers was just as valuable to our late season running over people as was Harrison. When we finally used Vickers as the battering ram he is, we started rolling on offense.

    Any illusion that Hillis is now the man at fullback is insane. If Hillis makes the team it will be because of his versatility. Vickers will be the fullback/battering ram again ... and if he plays like he did toward the end of last year he is a Pro Bowl fullback.

    Zombo

    my feelings exactly. to downplay vickers ability to be a great blocker for the browns rbs is foolish. i think hillis will bring versatility to the browns offense, but imo he's not here to replace vickers.

  • I just like running backs who can run and catch.

    Sure, Vickers is a great blocker. If blocking is what you like out of the position, great, he's the guy.

    Me, I like people lined up in the backfield to do more than block.

    Fridge Perry was a great lead blocker...he even scored a TD or two.

    FB....over rated position, and based on the urgency at which the Browns feel they need to sign the guy, it seems they feel the same.

    Just the facts.

  • I just like running backs who can run and catch.

    Sure, Vickers is a great blocker. If blocking is what you like out of the position, great, he's the guy.

    Me, I like people lined up in the backfield to do more than block.

    Fridge Perry was a great lead blocker...he even scored a TD or two.

    FB....over rated position, and based on the urgency at which the Browns feel they need to sign the guy, it seems they feel the same.

    Just the facts.

    @ballpeen said:

    I just like running backs who can run and catch.

    Sure, Vickers is a great blocker. If blocking is what you like out of the position, great, he's the guy.

    Me, I like people lined up in the backfield to do more than block.

    Fridge Perry was a great lead blocker...he even scored a TD or two.

    FB....over rated position, and based on the urgency at which the Browns feel they need to sign the guy, it seems they feel the same.

    Just the facts.

    Well I like the Mangini virtue of multi-talents , so I can't argue with this other than to say Vickers is good on special teams , and also can catch the ball when the ball gets thrown by someone that has some touch .