Skip to content

McCoy Signed

The Browns Board
108 30 7.8k
  • As for which round a Quality QB can come from, here is a bit of current statistical information: The following list is of the Top 11 all time passers in NFL history by yards, and where they were drafted:

    1. Favre 2d round

    2. Marino late 1st round

    3. Elway 1st round

    4. P. Manning 1st round

    5. Moon undrafted

    6. Tarkenton 3rd round

    7. Testaverde 1st round

    8. Bledsoe 1st round

    9. Fouts 3rd round

    10. Montana 3rd round

    11. Unitas 9th round.

  • @feartheroo said:

    I don't care if we lose every game, I will never understand how people root for a school they have no connection to. I'd say 90% of OSUcks fans have never stepped foot inside a classroom there.

    Just like people from Florida cheer for the gators, Texans cheer for UT, Alabama cheers for the Tide, and people who were born and raised in ohio cheer for the Buckeyes. They are the face of their state and they represent their home. You are just a hater. My dad cheered for the Buckeyes and raised me to do the same. There are people from outside of Cleveland that cheer for the Browns because back when the Browns were the greatest team on Earth their fathers cheered for them. When you are raised with something you become attached to it.

    And as for the OSUcks comment...

    since Jim Tressel became coach

    2002 national champs with the first 14-0 season since 1897. No, not 1987...1897.

    3 National Championship appearances

    9 Bowl games

    4 BCS bowl wins

    So what if they lost 3 bowl games in a row? Not the end of the world. It is a winning program, period. HATE on HATER...(I would hate too if I went to Akron. I went to a few parties there and aside from them being total sausage fests 90% of the girls there I wouldn't have touched with a steel pole let alone my own pole.)

    @blowe said:

    Just like people from Florida cheer for the gators, Texans cheer for UT, Alabama cheers for the Tide, and people who were born and raised in ohio cheer for the Buckeyes. They are the face of their state and they represent their home. You are just a hater. My dad cheered for the Buckeyes and raised me to do the same. There are people from outside of Cleveland that cheer for the Browns because back when the Browns were the greatest team on Earth their fathers cheered for them. When you are raised with something you become attached to it.

    And as for the OSUcks comment...

    since Jim Tressel became coach

    2002 national champs with the first 14-0 season since 1897. No, not 1987...1897.

    3 National Championship appearances

    9 Bowl games

    4 BCS bowl wins

    So what if they lost 3 bowl games in a row? Not the end of the world. It is a winning program, period. HATE on HATER...(I would hate too if I went to Akron. I went to a few parties there and aside from them being total sausage fests 90% of the girls there I wouldn't have touched with a steel pole let alone my own pole.)

    Unless you graduated from the school, I don't care. You have no room to talk any trash. You're just one of the thousands of people who go to their nearest walmart and buy a cheap knockoff red jersey and call themselves a diehard. I don't care if my school loses every game at least I am a part of it.

  • @blowe said:

    Just like people from Florida cheer for the gators, Texans cheer for UT, Alabama cheers for the Tide, and people who were born and raised in ohio cheer for the Buckeyes. They are the face of their state and they represent their home. You are just a hater. My dad cheered for the Buckeyes and raised me to do the same. There are people from outside of Cleveland that cheer for the Browns because back when the Browns were the greatest team on Earth their fathers cheered for them. When you are raised with something you become attached to it.

    And as for the OSUcks comment...

    since Jim Tressel became coach

    2002 national champs with the first 14-0 season since 1897. No, not 1987...1897.

    3 National Championship appearances

    9 Bowl games

    4 BCS bowl wins

    So what if they lost 3 bowl games in a row? Not the end of the world. It is a winning program, period. HATE on HATER...(I would hate too if I went to Akron. I went to a few parties there and aside from them being total sausage fests 90% of the girls there I wouldn't have touched with a steel pole let alone my own pole.)

    Unless you graduated from the school, I don't care. You have no room to talk any trash. You're just one of the thousands of people who go to their nearest walmart and buy a cheap knockoff red jersey and call themselves a diehard. I don't care if my school loses every game at least I am a part of it.

    @feartheroo said:

    Unless you graduated from the school, I don't care. You have no room to talk any trash. You're just one of the thousands of people who go to their nearest walmart and buy a cheap knockoff red jersey and call themselves a diehard. I don't care if my school loses every game at least I am a part of it.

    Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. So since I haven't went to college I should just ignore college football and not root for anybody? You root for the Browns, did you ever work or play for them? Why root for them if you have no ties to them?

  • @brownindian said:

    Hopefully Hardesty next.

    Does anyone have a gut feeling that Montario Hardesty will be a bigger asset for us than Haden ?

    Without hesitation, yes. I loved the Hardesty pick.

    @shepwrite said:

    Without hesitation, yes. I loved the Hardesty pick.

    Who the hell is Haden.........OFFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.......keep repeating it

  • @blowe said:

    ok Akron fan....because you guys win all the time! 🙄

    I don't care if we lose every game, I will never understand how people root for a school they have no connection to. I'd say 90% of OSUcks fans have never stepped foot inside a classroom there.

    @feartheroo said:

    I don't care if we lose every game, I will never understand how people root for a school they have no connection to. I'd say 90% of OSUcks fans have never stepped foot inside a classroom there.

    Now that is just goofy.

    Lot's of people have never been in a college classroom.

    You are saying they can't root for a college football team???

    I grew up in Ohio and graduated from Florida with a advanced degree, but I root for other teams as well....I root for Nebraska, Iowa, Alabama, Texas A&M, Army and a few others as well as the before mentioned Florida and OSU.

    Why?

    I like the name Cornhusker

    I Like Iowa's logo

    My close family is mostly from Alabama and like the term "Roll Tide"

    I like the Aggies because they know how to do a Bon Fire

    I like Army because I was in the Army

    Others.....Clemson, I don't know, I just like them

    Toledo Rockets....I was born there

    Chattanooga Mocs....I live here

    You don't need a connection, or even a reason to root for somebody.

  • I root for The Ohio State Ball teams . I took classes there .

  • @blowe said:

    Just like people from Florida cheer for the gators, Texans cheer for UT, Alabama cheers for the Tide, and people who were born and raised in ohio cheer for the Buckeyes. They are the face of their state and they represent their home. You are just a hater. My dad cheered for the Buckeyes and raised me to do the same. There are people from outside of Cleveland that cheer for the Browns because back when the Browns were the greatest team on Earth their fathers cheered for them. When you are raised with something you become attached to it.

    And as for the OSUcks comment...

    since Jim Tressel became coach

    2002 national champs with the first 14-0 season since 1897. No, not 1987...1897.

    3 National Championship appearances

    9 Bowl games

    4 BCS bowl wins

    So what if they lost 3 bowl games in a row? Not the end of the world. It is a winning program, period. HATE on HATER...(I would hate too if I went to Akron. I went to a few parties there and aside from them being total sausage fests 90% of the girls there I wouldn't have touched with a steel pole let alone my own pole.)

    Unless you graduated from the school, I don't care. You have no room to talk any trash. You're just one of the thousands of people who go to their nearest walmart and buy a cheap knockoff red jersey and call themselves a diehard. I don't care if my school loses every game at least I am a part of it.

    @feartheroo said:

    Unless you graduated from the school, I don't care. You have no room to talk any trash. You're just one of the thousands of people who go to their nearest walmart and buy a cheap knockoff red jersey and call themselves a diehard. I don't care if my school loses every game at least I am a part of it.

    hate hate hate on hater. you are just being ridiculous now

    you don't know me...so your presumptions over the internet don't mean shit to me. crackron can kiss my ass for all I care...shithole city, shithole school. embrace the failure (and this is me stating observations from my encounters with the city and the school, not some presumption about someone posting on an internet forum)

  • there's nothing wrong with cheering for the buckeyes if you didn't go to school there. however, i do take issue with the people who are overly zealous buckeye fans that have never enrolled there. it is both redneck and Retarded.

  • I also don't understand why people root for college teams when they have no real connection to the school. It doesn't make a lot of sense especially in Ohio since there are two pro teams to choose from.

  • I also don't understand why people root for college teams when they have no real connection to the school. It doesn't make a lot of sense especially in Ohio since there are two pro teams to choose from.

    @samoth said:

    I also don't understand why people root for college teams when they have no real connection to the school. It doesn't make a lot of sense especially in Ohio since there are two pro teams to choose from.

    my buddy says it's because he doesn't like the nfl. i think that it has more to do with being able to cheer for a winning team.

  • I also don't understand why people root for college teams when they have no real connection to the school. It doesn't make a lot of sense especially in Ohio since there are two pro teams to choose from.

    @samoth said:

    I also don't understand why people root for college teams when they have no real connection to the school. It doesn't make a lot of sense especially in Ohio since there are two pro teams to choose from.

    Its pride, is not living in Ohio a connection? Ohio State, see the connection? They represent Ohio, I root for them to represent me well....whats wrong with that.

  • @samoth said:

    I also don't understand why people root for college teams when they have no real connection to the school. It doesn't make a lot of sense especially in Ohio since there are two pro teams to choose from.

    Its pride, is not living in Ohio a connection? Ohio State, see the connection? They represent Ohio, I root for them to represent me well....whats wrong with that.

    nmills said:

    Its pride, is not living in Ohio a connection? Ohio State, see the connection? They represent Ohio, I root for them to represent me well....whats wrong with that.

    I am from Ohio and went to Ohio U and you dont see me wearing white and green every day of my life. Columbus is like a different world with the Buckeye fanatics, 75% of which never took one class at OSU.

  • nmills said:

    Its pride, is not living in Ohio a connection? Ohio State, see the connection? They represent Ohio, I root for them to represent me well....whats wrong with that.

    I am from Ohio and went to Ohio U and you dont see me wearing white and green every day of my life. Columbus is like a different world with the Buckeye fanatics, 75% of which never took one class at OSU.

    @samoth said:

    I am from Ohio and went to Ohio U and you dont see me wearing white and green every day of my life. Columbus is like a different world with the Buckeye fanatics, 75% of which never took one class at OSU.

    You dont think its like that at any other major campus around the country? Who would of thought Buckeye fanatics in Columbus...wow surprise there. Who cares if you take a class, its football. Its were our top Ohio Highschool athletes go to play ball, they represent Ohio football....your argument makes no sense

  • I guess I see your point. I will never understand why college sports are popular, but to each their own.

  • I guess I see your point. I will never understand why college sports are popular, but to each their own.

    @samoth said:

    I guess I see your point. I will never understand why college sports are popular, but to each their own.

    College sports were popular before there were pro sports.

  • @samoth said:

    I guess I see your point. I will never understand why college sports are popular, but to each their own.

    College sports were popular before there were pro sports.

    @thaak said:

    College sports were popular before there were pro sports.

    yes but that doesn't answer the question of why people who didn't attend the college are fans of the team. whatever.

  • @thaak said:

    College sports were popular before there were pro sports.

    yes but that doesn't answer the question of why people who didn't attend the college are fans of the team. whatever.

    @samoth said:

    yes but that doesn't answer the question of why people who didn't attend the college are fans of the team. whatever.

    Many universities are funded by the states.. hence tax dollars.

    Tuscaloosa, Alabama doesn't have a football team. Many people there are Saints fans, but the fact is that they regionally identify with the Crimson Tide.

    Austin, Texas has over a million people in its metropolitan area and no professional football team. UT's football stadium can pack over a hundred thousand attendants.

  • I root for The Ohio State Ball teams . I took classes there .

    @neweradawg said:

    I root for The Ohio State Ball teams . I took classes there .

    i grew up in cbus.

    clark kellogg was in my calculus class at OSU.

    i root for The OSU

  • I guess if anyone can root for OSU then why not OU? They have Ohio in the name? People from Ohio play for them? They are named after your state? why not trade in red jerseys for green?

  • I guess if anyone can root for OSU then why not OU? They have Ohio in the name? People from Ohio play for them? They are named after your state? why not trade in red jerseys for green?

    @feartheroo said:

    I guess if anyone can root for OSU then why not OU? They have Ohio in the name? People from Ohio play for them? They are named after your state? why not trade in red jerseys for green?

    OSU is the face of this state's college football programs, OU is not. If anything I don't like OU because I went to school at your rival MAC school, Kent State.