Haden Signs!!
-
Rookie contracts anymore are absolutely absurd and when everything shakes out in the negotiations in the future a rookie cap needs to be put in place. If I were a Cleveland fan I would HATE that contract. 26 Million dollars guaranteed? Christ. But yea you have to like getting your 1 in, in time for camp.
-
Cribbs had to beg to get 7 million
-
-
Rookie contracts anymore are absolutely absurd and when everything shakes out in the negotiations in the future a rookie cap needs to be put in place. If I were a Cleveland fan I would HATE that contract. 26 Million dollars guaranteed? Christ. But yea you have to like getting your 1 in, in time for camp.
Homotron said:
Rookie contracts anymore are absolutely absurd and when everything shakes out in the negotiations in the future a rookie cap needs to be put in place. If I were a Cleveland fan I would HATE that contract. 26 Million dollars guaranteed? Christ. But yea you have to like getting your 1 in, in time for camp.I suspect it is the same for every single #1 draft pick for every team, not just Cleveland. The Steeler fans should probably hate the contract Pouncey will get when he signs, if he hasn't already.
As noted, this is a major issue in the Collective Bargaining negotiations. The union will almost certainly agree to a rookie wage scale as long as more money than the rookies are getting are shifted over to veterans and retirees. Both sides agree on the concept, the question is how to implement it.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login