Skip to content

anyone see how bad the steelers look

The Browns Board
39 11 3.4k
  • Homotron said:

    They let him go because of his payday in Arizona and Willie Gay played very well in the Nickel so they figured it was a natural replacement. Gay was then not ready for the starting job and they brought McFadden back for a song because he didn't fit the Arizona system. Pittsburgh doesn't over pay it's players. Period. It's the reason Randel El left and any number of Steeler players that went elsewhere for more money.

    I had a fantasy football draft tonight so my attention wasn't really on the game. I'll probably skim it on my DVR tomorrow evening. I'm not worried about the Steelers tho and they sure as sh.it aren't finishing last in the division. It's also a PRESEASON game but most of you have acknowledged that fact.

    But my question still stands. Why, after they let him go, were no other teams interested him enough to pick him up? I think it probably was good for the Steelers to get a guy back who was familiar with their system, but if nobody else wanted him how good can he be?

    BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @the-gipper said:

    But my question still stands. Why, after they let him go, were no other teams interested him enough to pick him up? I think it probably was good for the Steelers to get a guy back who was familiar with their system, but if nobody else wanted him how good can he be?

    Gipper the Cards didnt let him go.... Looking for Salary relief . Wiz knew the Steelers would have interest TRADED.

  • @the-gipper said:

    But my question still stands. Why, after they let him go, were no other teams interested him enough to pick him up? I think it probably was good for the Steelers to get a guy back who was familiar with their system, but if nobody else wanted him how good can he be?

    Gipper the Cards didnt let him go.... Looking for Salary relief . Wiz knew the Steelers would have interest TRADED.

    BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @bunsofsteel08 said:

    Gipper the Cards didnt let him go.... Looking for Salary relief . Wiz knew the Steelers would have interest TRADED.

    OK Sorry... i didnt see the last post... LOL ya he was Traded. He is an abover average CB. But considering not many elite CBs around anyway ... maybe inflated value. I am not sure yet.

  • ThaakT Thaak wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Additionally, Florio is posting on PFT that some other writer out of New York is saying that (god this sounds like "I heard it from my brothers friends cousins wife's mother-in-law's friend) the suspension for Ben will be reduced to 5 games, which means he will miss the Browns game.

  • Additionally, Florio is posting on PFT that some other writer out of New York is saying that (god this sounds like "I heard it from my brothers friends cousins wife's mother-in-law's friend) the suspension for Ben will be reduced to 5 games, which means he will miss the Browns game.

    BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @thaak said:

    Additionally, Florio is posting on PFT that some other writer out of New York is saying that (god this sounds like "I heard it from my brothers friends cousins wife's mother-in-law's friend) the suspension for Ben will be reduced to 5 games, which means he will miss the Browns game.

    VERY Possible. I was wondering... EVERYONE is thinking 4 0r 6 .. i was thinking last night why not 5 ?? Then Commish is still being TOUGH but not unwaivering,,, Hope I am wrong. We are gonna need Ben and a Healthy Game plan to Beat the Brownies. I just think The Browns are a team thats HUNGRY to stop being a Joke.

  • Homotron said:

    They let him go because of his payday in Arizona and Willie Gay played very well in the Nickel so they figured it was a natural replacement. Gay was then not ready for the starting job and they brought McFadden back for a song because he didn't fit the Arizona system. Pittsburgh doesn't over pay it's players. Period. It's the reason Randel El left and any number of Steeler players that went elsewhere for more money.

    I had a fantasy football draft tonight so my attention wasn't really on the game. I'll probably skim it on my DVR tomorrow evening. I'm not worried about the Steelers tho and they sure as sh.it aren't finishing last in the division. It's also a PRESEASON game but most of you have acknowledged that fact.

    But my question still stands. Why, after they let him go, were no other teams interested him enough to pick him up? I think it probably was good for the Steelers to get a guy back who was familiar with their system, but if nobody else wanted him how good can he be?

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @the-gipper said:

    But my question still stands. Why, after they let him go, were no other teams interested him enough to pick him up? I think it probably was good for the Steelers to get a guy back who was familiar with their system, but if nobody else wanted him how good can he be?

    The Cardinals didn't let him go. They traded him to us after we shipped Santonio to New York.

  • Additionally, Florio is posting on PFT that some other writer out of New York is saying that (god this sounds like "I heard it from my brothers friends cousins wife's mother-in-law's friend) the suspension for Ben will be reduced to 5 games, which means he will miss the Browns game.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @thaak said:

    Additionally, Florio is posting on PFT that some other writer out of New York is saying that (god this sounds like "I heard it from my brothers friends cousins wife's mother-in-law's friend) the suspension for Ben will be reduced to 5 games, which means he will miss the Browns game.

    And Florio is full of sh.it most of the time. I doubt it's only reduced one game but I guess we'll see.

  • D DawgTracker wrote on last edited by
    #27

    I thought they played like a dirty football team, not physical but dirty

  • WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Ok serious question for browns fans or any fans. Preseason really is hard to judge anything. During training camp our dfense seemed like it was getting better of our offense. Batted passes, ints ect... during the preaseson our offense looked good, all be it vrs vanilla defenses but our d looked horrible.

    I have a feeling our offense isn't as good as they played while our d isn't as bad. At least I'm praying there not as bad as they looked.,,

    I read a funny quote, it said the safest place to be was any qb playing the browns...

    Our record this year will be 7 and 9

  • Ok serious question for browns fans or any fans. Preseason really is hard to judge anything. During training camp our dfense seemed like it was getting better of our offense. Batted passes, ints ect... during the preaseson our offense looked good, all be it vrs vanilla defenses but our d looked horrible.

    I have a feeling our offense isn't as good as they played while our d isn't as bad. At least I'm praying there not as bad as they looked.,,

    I read a funny quote, it said the safest place to be was any qb playing the browns...

    Our record this year will be 7 and 9

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @wrrebel said:

    Ok serious question for browns fans or any fans. Preseason really is hard to judge anything. During training camp our dfense seemed like it was getting better of our offense. Batted passes, ints ect... during the preaseson our offense looked good, all be it vrs vanilla defenses but our d looked horrible.

    I have a feeling our offense isn't as good as they played while our d isn't as bad. At least I'm praying there not as bad as they looked.,,

    I read a funny quote, it said the safest place to be was any qb playing the browns...

    Our record this year will be 7 and 9

    This is why these preseason games are so irrelevent, really, in terms of judging how good a team is going to be. They are merely scrimmages designed to evaluate certain talent that is on the bubble....and to create revenue for the owners.

    In reality, the league should have only 16 games plus 2 preseason games. But they don't want to give up the cash.

  • Homotron said:

    I sure as hell don't act like a kid and would love some intelligent discussion without the Retarded name calling.

    Gee, I can't wait for your autobiography with all the honest self assessment that will be contained therein.

    S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @the-gipper said:

    Gee, I can't wait for your autobiography with all the honest self assessment that will be contained therein.

    😆

  • I thought they played like a dirty football team, not physical but dirty

    BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @dawgtracker said:

    I thought they played like a dirty football team, not physical but dirty

    Good lord dude... Its Football. 2 of the 4 personal Fouls were so Pussified its sad.

  • @thaak said:

    Additionally, Florio is posting on PFT that some other writer out of New York is saying that (god this sounds like "I heard it from my brothers friends cousins wife's mother-in-law's friend) the suspension for Ben will be reduced to 5 games, which means he will miss the Browns game.

    And Florio is full of sh.it most of the time. I doubt it's only reduced one game but I guess we'll see.

    ThaakT Thaak wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Homotron said:

    And Florio is full of sh.it most of the time. I doubt it's only reduced one game but I guess we'll see.

    I don't agree. Florio mostly regurgitates other peoples reports and then analyzes or comments (blogs) on said reports. He does give credit to the other reporters work.

    So anything that Florio posts that ends up being wrong, is largely because the material he's using has a reporter who's wrong.

    That being said, Mike Wise was the reporter in question, and Wise admitted he made it all up.

  • Homotron said:

    And Florio is full of sh.it most of the time. I doubt it's only reduced one game but I guess we'll see.

    I don't agree. Florio mostly regurgitates other peoples reports and then analyzes or comments (blogs) on said reports. He does give credit to the other reporters work.

    So anything that Florio posts that ends up being wrong, is largely because the material he's using has a reporter who's wrong.

    That being said, Mike Wise was the reporter in question, and Wise admitted he made it all up.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @thaak said:

    I don't agree. Florio mostly regurgitates other peoples reports and then analyzes or comments (blogs) on said reports. He does give credit to the other reporters work.

    So anything that Florio posts that ends up being wrong, is largely because the material he's using has a reporter who's wrong.

    That being said, Mike Wise was the reporter in question, and Wise admitted he made it all up.

    The general theme in here is that preseason as far as judging on how a team will preform in the regularly season is largely pointless. However I'm going to post this anyway. Pittsburgh was pulling our big time defensive starters well before Denver started pulling their offensive starters. I'm not going to say Pittsburgh looked good but with the true first stringers in the game they played well. The regular season is a whole different ball game. I'm definitely not worried about Pittsburgh playing poorly come the actual season.

  • WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Homotron, well come find me when the regular season is halfway thru. Friendly bet says the browns have a better record and will probably take both games against pitt.

    I bet my charlie frye jersey on it

  • Homotron, well come find me when the regular season is halfway thru. Friendly bet says the browns have a better record and will probably take both games against pitt.

    I bet my charlie frye jersey on it

    BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by BUNSofSTEEL08
    #35

    @wrrebel said:

    Homotron, well come find me when the regular season is halfway thru. Friendly bet says the browns have a better record and will probably take both games against pitt.

    I bet my charlie frye jersey on it

    LOL... Big Spender... I will bet my Dads Bubby Jersey your Wrong....But more importantly let play the WHOLE Season. And you have to wait the whole season to Play The Steelers twice anyway.

  • Homotron, well come find me when the regular season is halfway thru. Friendly bet says the browns have a better record and will probably take both games against pitt.

    I bet my charlie frye jersey on it

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @wrrebel said:

    Homotron, well come find me when the regular season is halfway thru. Friendly bet says the browns have a better record and will probably take both games against pitt.

    I bet my charlie frye jersey on it

    lol. Apparently you aren't all that confident in your Browns. Your charlie frye jersey? Will you at least cut it up for me and put it in say a Kleenex box? I'll use the swabs to wipe my ass.

  • WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Oh I didn't want u to have to miss some meals so I was goin cheap.

    Hey how are those pirates doing

  • Oh I didn't want u to have to miss some meals so I was goin cheap.

    Hey how are those pirates doing

    BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by BUNSofSTEEL08
    #38

    @wrrebel said:

    Oh I didn't want u to have to miss some meals so I was goin cheap.

    Hey how are those pirates doing

    the Pirates ... same old song. UGLY. When do the Tribe Playoff Tickets go on sale anyway ?

  • WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #39

    Considering I'm a yankee fan, I will have to check about those play off tickets.

    And yes the steelers will finish last... if I am wrong I will come on here and eat crow.. that said the steelers will be very bad this year