Skip to content

post your fantasy football team!

The Browns Board
43 21 5.7k
  • E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
    #41

    12 team league ( had pick #6) :

    QB: Aaron Rodgers

    RB: Beanie Wells

    RB: LeSean McCoy

    WR Reggie Wayne

    WR Johnnie Knox

    WR Bernard Berrian

    TE Jermichael Finley

    K Stephen Gostkowski

    DEF/ST: Chicago

    Bench:

    QB: Carson Palmer

    RB: Reggie Bush, Peyton Hillis

    WR: Braylon Edwards, Legadu Naanee, Julian Edelman, Josh Cribbs

    TE: John Carlson, Ben Watson

    I took Rodgers in the first and couldn't pass on Wayne in the second. I am not too thrilled with my running backs but I think that for bye weeks, either Bush or Hillis will do. It was a live draft and there were reaches here and there (Mendenhall in the first?). Ben Watson was my final pick in the 19th round. I think he'll see a lot of balls thrown his way in our offense.

    I usually try to avoid having a QB and one of his receivers to avoid the feast or famine scenario but in this case, I do think Finley is poised for a break out year and it was a calculated risk as TEs were starting to come off the board. One thing I did look to do this year was to try and avoid lots of guys with the same bye week. I had one or two occasions where my top rated guy was on the same bye as someone else at that position or was on the same team as another guy (ie, I didn't want multiple Bears receivers for instance). If this league was for money, I might not have taken so many Browns in the reserves but I do feel that these three are worthy darkhorse candidates. I do think the fantasy value of Cleveland players will be much better this year....the rest of the world hasn't caught on to that yet.

  • 12 team league ( had pick #6) :

    QB: Aaron Rodgers

    RB: Beanie Wells

    RB: LeSean McCoy

    WR Reggie Wayne

    WR Johnnie Knox

    WR Bernard Berrian

    TE Jermichael Finley

    K Stephen Gostkowski

    DEF/ST: Chicago

    Bench:

    QB: Carson Palmer

    RB: Reggie Bush, Peyton Hillis

    WR: Braylon Edwards, Legadu Naanee, Julian Edelman, Josh Cribbs

    TE: John Carlson, Ben Watson

    I took Rodgers in the first and couldn't pass on Wayne in the second. I am not too thrilled with my running backs but I think that for bye weeks, either Bush or Hillis will do. It was a live draft and there were reaches here and there (Mendenhall in the first?). Ben Watson was my final pick in the 19th round. I think he'll see a lot of balls thrown his way in our offense.

    I usually try to avoid having a QB and one of his receivers to avoid the feast or famine scenario but in this case, I do think Finley is poised for a break out year and it was a calculated risk as TEs were starting to come off the board. One thing I did look to do this year was to try and avoid lots of guys with the same bye week. I had one or two occasions where my top rated guy was on the same bye as someone else at that position or was on the same team as another guy (ie, I didn't want multiple Bears receivers for instance). If this league was for money, I might not have taken so many Browns in the reserves but I do feel that these three are worthy darkhorse candidates. I do think the fantasy value of Cleveland players will be much better this year....the rest of the world hasn't caught on to that yet.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @earl34 said:

    12 team league ( had pick #6) :

    QB: Aaron Rodgers

    RB: Beanie Wells

    RB: LeSean McCoy

    WR Reggie Wayne

    WR Johnnie Knox

    WR Bernard Berrian

    TE Jermichael Finley

    K Stephen Gostkowski

    DEF/ST: Chicago

    Bench:

    QB: Carson Palmer

    RB: Reggie Bush, Peyton Hillis

    WR: Braylon Edwards, Legadu Naanee, Julian Edelman, Josh Cribbs

    TE: John Carlson, Ben Watson

    I took Rodgers in the first and couldn't pass on Wayne in the second. I am not too thrilled with my running backs but I think that for bye weeks, either Bush or Hillis will do. It was a live draft and there were reaches here and there (Mendenhall in the first?). Ben Watson was my final pick in the 19th round. I think he'll see a lot of balls thrown his way in our offense.

    I usually try to avoid having a QB and one of his receivers to avoid the feast or famine scenario but in this case, I do think Finley is poised for a break out year and it was a calculated risk as TEs were starting to come off the board. One thing I did look to do this year was to try and avoid lots of guys with the same bye week. I had one or two occasions where my top rated guy was on the same bye as someone else at that position or was on the same team as another guy (ie, I didn't want multiple Bears receivers for instance). If this league was for money, I might not have taken so many Browns in the reserves but I do feel that these three are worthy darkhorse candidates. I do think the fantasy value of Cleveland players will be much better this year....the rest of the world hasn't caught on to that yet.

    You took a lot of gambles. I like McCoy and Wells but neither are exactly proven. Both could be great but in Fantasy Football going for the studs is usually the way to go. What pick did you have in the first round? Rodgers is really your only guaranteed Stud. Wayne will be solid as always but even in that offense Dallas Clark and even Garcon are going to get their fair share of "love" Is Zach Miller still available on the wire? Some people are completely sleeping on him? You're going to have a tough go with those Tight ends. Knox could be huge but I still don't trust Cutler and I trust Berrian even less than Knox especially with Sidney Rice down and Harvin in health limbo. Is your league PPR? You're going to have a really tough go in my opinion. RB depth is poor as you mentioned and your receivers outside of Wayne are gambles. Rodgers is as good as a sure thing as any player in the league. Wells could be a tank but with Anderson starting who the hell knows. McCoy is in a similar boat but Kolb is actually pretty solid.

    EDIT: I missed Finley somehow for the first pass through your roster. I'd still try and pick up a different back up TE but I could also make the argument of not carrying a back up TE at all. I'd definitely drop a TE and pick up another RB or WR. Who are the top 15 or so guys on the wire at RB and WR?

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #43

    10 team ESPN league with a $75 buy-in. I finished second last year.

    Snake draft.. and I got the very last pick, so I had picks 10 and 11.

    QB - Tom Brady

    RB - Beanie Wells

    RB - Jahvid Best

    RB/WR - Ronnie Brown

    WR - Andre Johnson

    WR - Roddy White (i have no idea how he lasted to the end of round 3)

    TE - Tony Gonzalez

    D/ST - Eagles

    K - David Akers

    Bench:

    Ahmad Bradshaw

    Donald Brown

    Mike Williams (the one in TB)

    Laurent Robinson

    Matt Stafford - because he doesn't have a bye in week5 like Brady.

    Kareem Huggins (Tampa's backup to Cadillac)

    I drafted at the end of the first round and Andre was the best of the remaining players.. probably shouldn't have been available then. I also took Brady because I had the first pick of the second round, and otherwise couldn't get a top QB. Bradshaw will probably eventually start over one of my other backs.