Skip to content

QB Controversy in Arizona ...

The Browns Board
26 17 5.3k
  • Zombo said:

    Just to put a nail in this coffin:

    Espn seems pretty confident this morning that A.) Derek Anderson beat out Matt Leinart and is now the starting QB for a playoff contender. and B.) Tim Tebow has beaten out Brady Quinn (sacked 7 times in preseason and just one TD) for the Broncos backup job.

    Anderson starting for a team that was in the playoffs last year, Quinn in danger of being cut from a bad Denver team.

    Now, I am thrilled we blew up the position and are moving on with Jake, Seneca and Colt ... there is much more professionalism and certainty about the position this year, and I have always been a Delhomme fan.

    But I just want to say one last time to the relentless Quinn Fags (reading as guests) who railed on me and railed on me for two years because I had the gall to think the team had a better chance to win with Anderson at the controls while they thought Brady was big and fast and smart and accurate and mobile and a born leader and a wonderlik ace and just "never got a chance" by these idiots running an NFL franchise ... Blow Me.

    Anderson is maddingly inconsistent but his teammates rally around him and he can move the ball straight down the center of the field, NFL coaches don't give a shit about wonderliks and QB ratings ... they want first downs and points!

    Quinn is the NFL version of a stillborn. He was just a dud. He did nothing. It was obvious to me early on, and it never changed.

    I WANTED Quinn to succeed. I am a Notre Dame fan. An Irish Catholic like Quinn. A Browns fan from childhood like Quinn. I REALLY wanted him to suceed.

    But in the end, I want what's best for my Browns, and the last three years that was Anderson. He was the best option we had back there on what was a bad team.

    So I stood up for him, as did a few others. By all accounts he is a good guy, a regular guy, a good teammate and he always gave his all for the Browns.

    I hope he does well in Arizona.

    OK, I'm done.

    But what I REALLY want is for Jake to light up the Bucs and let's get this party started ... we've waited ten years for the Browns to come back ... I think we are finally on to something. The team seems crisp and professional, the receivers seem more confident, I think we have the best coaching staff and franchise structure that we've ever had, we've finally built an offense around a young bad-ass line and the defense seems to be finally progressing in Mangini's system.

    Let's kick some ass.

    Zombo

    But Anderson is not a Rock Star. His abs don't look like a washboard, and he is not from Califagna.

  • Good God let this die; who gives a shit at this point. I wish them both the best; however, I really only care about our Browns from a football perspective

    GO BROWNS!!!!!

  • I will admit, I still think DA has the potential to be a decent NFL Qb and would be ok if he was still here..... this was the wrong team for him both from a fan base (falls in love with draft pick status over substance, I still remember being disgusted at the boo birds and cheering for BQ when DA was playing as our qb) perspective and coaching carousel... let alone offensive talent.

    either way good luck DA and good luck to our new Browns this year! I hope I can get to at least 2 home games this year...... work.. work... work.. not to mention my Buckeyes are looking at a possible NC appearance... going to be a very interesting football season! .... need something to soothe my cavs disappointment. 🙂

  • I think DA has reached his potential. He has a great arm and throws a great deep ball but he really struggles with the short passes and also makes (obviously) really bad decisions at times. He may start the season, but Leinart (if he's still there) will start at some point after a couple 0 TD 4 INT performances.

  • mikeyP72 said:

    What you taking, is it legal? If so: PM me with details.

    He has the franchise BEST home game single season record...... that was an exciting year? The kid has got a gun and makes some unbelievable throws (some horrible and some great)...

    I like underdogs and he always has been one in the NFL, I still believe that like BQ he had very little consistency with coaching, schemes, skill players and most of all support. Its details in a complicated team/franchise business that makes players bad, average, good or great...... Our organization as a whole in the last 5 years (one could argue much longer) is a wreck...... than compound that with financial pressures and fan popularity support which can effect financial.... well you got our situation....

    either way, good luck at the Cardinals and hopefully we find and develop talent (i hope Mccoy in 2 years) to lead us.

  • Shep's wheaties have gotta be getting pretty soggy from tears by now. Maybe DA and Aaron will meet in the playoffs?