Concerned About McCoy
-
I don't think McCoy is in a bad situation at all. I believe he is in a situation where he can learn and gain more knowledge this year than Clausen. He will be prepared when (not if) his time comes. I really don't care how far he throws tha ball. I've seen him throw long in college, so that is a non-issue for me. Besides, JaMarcus Russell could throw the ball a mile and a half, but to what success?
On one occaision in Denver, Hillis was asked what position he would like to play. His response was quarterback. He said that he could throw the ball farther than anyone else on the team. He just didn't know where it was going. Colt knows where his passes are going.
When McCoy plays his game, he uses the passing game to make yards and score TD's. But he also uses his passes for ball control. He had a poor running game at Texas, so he used his passing game to fill that void.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login