Game Notes vs. Baltimore
-
Sorry, just frustrated. I will always represent my team, and my city, and I hope the other fans will find the testicular fortitude to continue to do as well. But man, is it rough!
I think we're all there with you. Very frustrated!
First, we took out three QB's and brought in three new ones. Even though I agree with the decisions, know what? 1) we will never win with constant turnover at the QB position and 2) we will never win until we draft/trade for a franchise QB with the real stuff. I don't think he is on the current roster. Why is this so hard? Why couldn't we do what Phili, Washington, Texans, Jets, Ravens, Steelers, Bengals Colts, Giants, Saints, KC Detroit and so many other teams have done. Get the right guy and stick with him! Did anyone see the highlights of Vick's game? Character aside (and I know that's important) ... but what talent.
Recievers? How many posts were on this board about our need at this position? We know rookies rarely do well at the position. Where did the good recievers go? Ravens & Bengals! Just what we needed. Why didn't we go out and sign a couple of veteran recievers. It's not like they weren't there. Sorry guys, that one is on management.
Drafting has been consistently poor. We catch a break every once in a while ... but overall, we repeatedly do poorly with high draft choices. We will never win if we don't draft solid players in the top three rounds.
Coaching. I hate to say it, but I've never been on board with the OC. I can't complain about the DC. As for the HC, he impressed me more last year as a hard ass discipline jerk than this year as a soft patsy. Last year, EM reduced errors and penalties. He didn't have a lot of talent but he used what he had. For some reason, he's softened this year. You can hear it in his press conferences. What happened to the kick-ass coach that preached hard-nosed football and made no excuses? We need good coaches that can make good decisions or we won't win.
In conclusion, there are a lot of pieces in place in Berea and, who knows, perhaps they will gel into a decent football team with more experience playing together. Assuming that drafting improves with Heckert and he maintians or improves the existing talent in certain areas, all we need to find the franchise QB, sign a couple of FA recievers and get the right coaches. If we can so that in the off-season, we will rise quickly. If not, expect more frustration.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login