Skip to content

REAL Browns fans answer a question please

The Browns Board
82 26 5.6k
  • I can honestly say that I got the exact response I was expecting. Die hard fans never forget, or forgive for that matter. When the Colts came to town in January of 2007 for the AFC Divisional Playoff, alot of discussion here in town was whether or not, as old Colt fans, we should put the debate to rest once and for all, and "just get over it." I personally can't do it. I hate that horseshoe with as much passion as I had when I used to cheer for them on Sunday afternoons at Memorial Stadium. I have been on the Indy Colts message board, and had the same back and forth conversations with them, in regards to Irsay. With me playing the part of the discarded fan wanting to urinate on his grave. As a football fan, I can see that Modell is to Cleveland, what Irsay is to us, and rightly so. And those sins should never be forgiven.

    @ravensfan1996 said:

    I can honestly say that I got the exact response I was expecting. Die hard fans never forget, or forgive for that matter. When the Colts came to town in January of 2007 for the AFC Divisional Playoff, alot of discussion here in town was whether or not, as old Colt fans, we should put the debate to rest once and for all, and "just get over it." I personally can't do it. I hate that horseshoe with as much passion as I had when I used to cheer for them on Sunday afternoons at Memorial Stadium. I have been on the Indy Colts message board, and had the same back and forth conversations with them, in regards to Irsay. With me playing the part of the discarded fan wanting to urinate on his grave. As a football fan, I can see that Modell is to Cleveland, what Irsay is to us, and rightly so. And those sins should never be forgiven.

    I don't think u hate Irsay as much as we hate Modell, but to each his own.

  • IMHO, things such as moving a team aren't done by one SINGLE person. That being said, I harbor great resentment for Baltimore because of...

    First some history...As a pro football fan & traditionalist since the mid '50s, I was VERY upset that the Colts (even though I never was a Colt's season long fan) were removed from Baltimore, INCLUDING the name & history. I have always been against the "new" Colts, even at playoff time.

    For WHATEVER reason, being Modell, political reasons, etc, our Browns DID move to Baltimore & were welcomed with open arms (even AFTER what was done to them). Our keeping the Brown's name was sort of an afterthought to the "move". Baltimore would NOT have nixed the move had obtaining the Brown's name also been a part of it. In other words, the way I see it, Baltimore did to Cleveland what was done to them & I will carry ill will for that team to my grave.

    Just my biased, & possibly uneducated opinion, but I'm stickin' to it.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    IMHO, things such as moving a team aren't done by one SINGLE person. That being said, I harbor great resentment for Baltimore because of...

    First some history...As a pro football fan & traditionalist since the mid '50s, I was VERY upset that the Colts (even though I never was a Colt's season long fan) were removed from Baltimore, INCLUDING the name & history. I have always been against the "new" Colts, even at playoff time.

    For WHATEVER reason, being Modell, political reasons, etc, our Browns DID move to Baltimore & were welcomed with open arms (even AFTER what was done to them). Our keeping the Brown's name was sort of an afterthought to the "move". Baltimore would NOT have nixed the move had obtaining the Brown's name also been a part of it. In other words, the way I see it, Baltimore did to Cleveland what was done to them & I will carry ill will for that team to my grave.

    Just my biased, & possibly uneducated opinion, but I'm stickin' to it.

    Mike

    A weird fact; Baltimore in a very very broad sense hosed Ohio twice; the NFL Colts started as the Dayton Triangles back in 1913, and after a series of moves and mergers came to Baltimore from Dallas.

    I grieved when the original Browns were moved. It just was not right.