Skip to content

Browns-Steelers Rivalry ranked on website

The Browns Board
21 12 2.5k
  • @steeler-schick said:

    No.

    I'm not as old as Hoorta (zing), but I'm no spring chicken either.

    I remember the rivalry back in the 70's and beyond. It didn't stop when Baltimore stole your team, it stopped when the play became totally one sided.

    Yes, last years win was a step in the right direction, but there needs to be a few more wins like that. A few more knocking us out of the playoffs, a little more talk about who's on top of the AFCN - stains or Steelers.

    The rats are by far our biggest rival at this stage. It's been between us and them for the last decade or so and the recent back and forth of wins/losses proves that rivalry exists. Plus the hatred - honest two-sided hatred.

    Stains fans hate the Steelers, but there are practically zero Steelers fans that are looking at this weeks game as nothing more than cannon fodder and a warm up for Ben.

    Yinz guys pull a win off this week and it's one giant step.

    Time will only tell.

    keep tellin yourself that because you're the only one that believes that. steelers fans may think the ravens are a better team, but that doesnt simply erase the history

    just like the OSU/michigan rivalry. just because michigan sucks big donkey balls right now doesnt take away from the rivalry. the steelers feel the same way. cleveland may not be the best competition every year but it doesnt take away from the rivalry

    i can see that you havent been a steelers fan for very long so im going to assume you're a bandwagon fan and move along

    S Steeler SChick wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @cantonlegend said:

    keep tellin yourself that because you're the only one that believes that. steelers fans may think the ravens are a better team, but that doesnt simply erase the history

    just like the OSU/michigan rivalry. just because michigan sucks big donkey balls right now doesnt take away from the rivalry. the steelers feel the same way. cleveland may not be the best competition every year but it doesnt take away from the rivalry

    i can see that you havent been a steelers fan for very long so im going to assume you're a bandwagon fan and move along

    I generally don't go out of my way to defend myself, but I'll make an exception here.

    No, I've been a Steeler fan for life. Born and raised in Pittsburgh. Lived there for the first 35 years of my life until I moved out to the country, then to the desert. Job thing.

    I remember my dad closing the curtain in the living room on Sundays, blocking out all sunlight for the game. I went to Steeler lunches during the 70's when I was a kid, got autographed pennants from Lambert, Ham, Stallworth and Franco. Still have them.

    I remember a guy I worked with back when the stains bailed out of dirty, dirty Cleveland - he was a stains fan. I don't know if he was more pissed than I was.

    I remember watching the first Steelers/stains game with the new franchise. It was prime time, the rebirth of the rivalry.

    We won.

    ... and won, and won....

    Don't get me wrong - I want the rivalry. I want to be able to trade even shots with yinz putzs here but fact is - it's not there.

    Like you said, it's history. Nothing more than history. I don't take pleasure in saying that either.

    Hope this makes sense.

    Peace

    Regards...

    ... an'at

    .