Skip to content

WR Carlton Mitchell to see action this Sunday

The Browns Board
27 19 2.8k
  • USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #21

    I just say give the kid a chance. I know the coaches watch him more than I ever have, but the kid is a good ball player. He may not ever satisfy our #1 role, but he'll be a good reciever.

  • N NW Ohio Brownie wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Mangini is practicing his same approach with Mitchell that he has with everybody else: You get what you earn.

    And right now, especially with the junk we've got at receiver, he has yet to step up to the plate. But Mangini was effusive this week in his praise of Mitchell. If EM gives an unsolicited remark about someone in a presser, then they've done what they've needed to do to get on the field.

    I am excited about this guy because he's got NFL-class speed, unlike MoMass and Robo.

    While I don't long for the days of BE, I am growing frustrated by the week with our receiving corps. It's ridiculous that Evan Moore can split out wide and catch 25-yd. balls with regularity, but #11 and #80 can't shake free of anybody.

    Colt looks like he can be an accurate passer, which makes it even more maddening.

  • Mangini is practicing his same approach with Mitchell that he has with everybody else: You get what you earn.

    And right now, especially with the junk we've got at receiver, he has yet to step up to the plate. But Mangini was effusive this week in his praise of Mitchell. If EM gives an unsolicited remark about someone in a presser, then they've done what they've needed to do to get on the field.

    I am excited about this guy because he's got NFL-class speed, unlike MoMass and Robo.

    While I don't long for the days of BE, I am growing frustrated by the week with our receiving corps. It's ridiculous that Evan Moore can split out wide and catch 25-yd. balls with regularity, but #11 and #80 can't shake free of anybody.

    Colt looks like he can be an accurate passer, which makes it even more maddening.

    K kshutchins wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @nw-ohio-brownie said:

    Mangini is practicing his same approach with Mitchell that he has with everybody else: You get what you earn.

    I like this. I think there has to be some sort of minimum standard to merit a start.

  • Action on special teams..........James Davis got what like 2 carries last time he was to see action.

    C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    Action on special teams..........James Davis got what like 2 carries last time he was to see action.

    He looked fast on Special teams, I seen Figures on offense but no Mitchell

  • @clevelandmilidh said:

    Action on special teams..........James Davis got what like 2 carries last time he was to see action.

    He looked fast on Special teams, I seen Figures on offense but no Mitchell

    TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    He looked fast on Special teams, I seen Figures on offense but no Mitchell

    Yes this made me a sad panda.

  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #26

    BRowns with Mitchell in the line-up 1-0 and undefeated baby ... suck on that juice box Zippy.

  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #27

    mikeyP72 said:

    Figures a guy who was sitting on his couch gets more offensive snaps than Mitchell.

    How did he "earn" that over Mitchell?

    I only saw Figures out there on that end around and he tripped up. I assume he only got to do it because as of right now he is the fastest guy on the team.