Skip to content

Prospects to Watch

The Browns Board
124 20 6.9k
  • @azbrowns said:

    Britton declared and hired Tom Condon. He could be a nice pickup for the Browns in round 2 if he lasts that far, which by all accounts, is possible right now.

    I agree. I think I compared him earlier in this thread to Joe Thomas. It'd be nice to bookend him with JT; the only concern I'd have is about how much run-mauling he can do from the RT spot. But from the little I've seen, he looks like he'd be an improvement over Kevvy Shaffer.

    And I have to say that I completely disagree with your take on Mike Thomas and his comparison to Syndric Steptoe. Mike thomas is actually one of the more likable guys on the team. Mike Stoops -- a noted disciplinarian -- didn't really act on Thomas after the shove. Thomas still played and set the all time record for receptions in the Pac-10. Why was he not benched? If you know Mike Thomas and his relationship with his coaches, you will know why.

    From being at countless practices, I know there are certain players he would never expect that from and one has to be Thomas. Acceptable to shove a coach? Absolutely not, but thomas is far from a hot head and FAR from Steve Smith in terms of attitude. Trust me - a one time deal.

    Plus, he is MUCH better than Steptoe. Much better on his feet, can create yards better after the catch, he's a better return guy and despite that game against BYU, he is usually as reliable of a WR as you are going to find.

    Fair enough. Still an incredibly boneheaded move on his part, but maybe it isn't as big a red flag as I thought.

    What do you think about Willie Tuitama's pro potential? Seems to have all of the requisite physical tools, but his decision-making leaves much to be desired.

    Aloysius said:

    I agree. I think I compared him earlier in this thread to Joe Thomas. It'd be nice to bookend him with JT; the only concern I'd have is about how much run-mauling he can do from the RT spot. But from the little I've seen, he looks like he'd be an improvement over Kevvy Shaffer.

    Fair enough. Still an incredibly boneheaded move on his part, but maybe it isn't as big a red flag as I thought.

    What do you think about Willie Tuitama's pro potential? Seems to have all of the requisite physical tools, but his decision-making leaves much to be desired.

    Josh freeman if he makes it to second round, will be better than Quinn IMO!

  • Aloysius said:

    I agree. I think I compared him earlier in this thread to Joe Thomas. It'd be nice to bookend him with JT; the only concern I'd have is about how much run-mauling he can do from the RT spot. But from the little I've seen, he looks like he'd be an improvement over Kevvy Shaffer.

    Fair enough. Still an incredibly boneheaded move on his part, but maybe it isn't as big a red flag as I thought.

    What do you think about Willie Tuitama's pro potential? Seems to have all of the requisite physical tools, but his decision-making leaves much to be desired.

    Josh freeman if he makes it to second round, will be better than Quinn IMO!

    @solon16 said:

    Josh freeman ...will be better than Quinn IMO!

    I'll take that bet.

  • @solon16 said:

    Josh freeman ...will be better than Quinn IMO!

    I'll take that bet.

    mz. said:

    I'll take that bet.

    I don't want to be right...but freeman is a freak

  • I agree, but playing QB successfully in the NFL takes a heck of a lot more than just being a "freak."