Skip to content

Browns Already in the West Coast?

The Browns Board
27 14 2.3k
  • P philbert79 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    It's really more like "Wet Toast" offense with Dabol running it. haha

  • K kshutchins wrote on last edited by
    #22

    I think that you can take just about any pro-style offense and add features of the WCO and the pundits will go all goofy calling it a West Coast Offense. Bill Walsh himself said that there are very few people around who understand the complexities of his true "WCO." Just because a team predominantly uses short passes over runs for ball control doesn't make it a complete West Coast Offense. I think that term is WAY over used.

  • I think that you can take just about any pro-style offense and add features of the WCO and the pundits will go all goofy calling it a West Coast Offense. Bill Walsh himself said that there are very few people around who understand the complexities of his true "WCO." Just because a team predominantly uses short passes over runs for ball control doesn't make it a complete West Coast Offense. I think that term is WAY over used.

    1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @kshutchins said:

    I think that you can take just about any pro-style offense and add features of the WCO and the pundits will go all goofy calling it a West Coast Offense. Bill Walsh himself said that there are very few people around who understand the complexities of his true "WCO." Just because a team predominantly uses short passes over runs for ball control doesn't make it a complete West Coast Offense. I think that term is WAY over used.

    I don't care if the run the single wing or the veer as long as they win.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Do you actually own a farm? With cows, pigs, chickens etc.?

    I've shifted to a rural vibe recently.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @shepwrite said:

    I've shifted to a rural vibe recently.

    I think CalFox on here actually owns a farm...do you Cal?

  • I think that you can take just about any pro-style offense and add features of the WCO and the pundits will go all goofy calling it a West Coast Offense. Bill Walsh himself said that there are very few people around who understand the complexities of his true "WCO." Just because a team predominantly uses short passes over runs for ball control doesn't make it a complete West Coast Offense. I think that term is WAY over used.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @kshutchins said:

    I think that you can take just about any pro-style offense and add features of the WCO and the pundits will go all goofy calling it a West Coast Offense. Bill Walsh himself said that there are very few people around who understand the complexities of his true "WCO." Just because a team predominantly uses short passes over runs for ball control doesn't make it a complete West Coast Offense. I think that term is WAY over used.

    Like I said elsewhere call it the North Coast Offense....and add a little Wilddawg to it.

    Let's put our own Cleveland brand on these things. (Of course, first, the team has to become successful)

  • I think that you can take just about any pro-style offense and add features of the WCO and the pundits will go all goofy calling it a West Coast Offense. Bill Walsh himself said that there are very few people around who understand the complexities of his true "WCO." Just because a team predominantly uses short passes over runs for ball control doesn't make it a complete West Coast Offense. I think that term is WAY over used.

    S shepwrite wrote on last edited by shepwrite
    #26

    @kshutchins said:

    I think that you can take just about any pro-style offense and add features of the WCO and the pundits will go all goofy calling it a West Coast Offense. Bill Walsh himself said that there are very few people around who understand the complexities of his true "WCO." Just because a team predominantly uses short passes over runs for ball control doesn't make it a complete West Coast Offense. I think that term is WAY over used.

    That's a great point. I'm a HUGE Bill Walsh fan. In the Bill Walsh movie, Paul Brown is the villain who tried to squelch him (true). I think Bill Walsh changed offensive football as much as Brown (even though he was a dick), Coryell, and whoever the hell had Slinging Sammy Baugh inventing the forward pass.

  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #27

    It was pointed out today on ESPN that Dabol completely disagrees that he is running the West Coast. It's just New England trying to get under our skin.