In the last 40 years.....
-
That's not cherry-picking. That's being a Clevetard. The only teams that act like what happened prior to the AFL-NFL merger is anything more than irralavent history that has no meaning in the Super Bowl era are teams that haven't done anyhting in the Super Bowl era.
So the Rams, Packers, Redskins, Giants, Bears or 49ers haven't done anything since, ok great, got it. I take it you have never been to one of those message boards. I guess you just hang around this board because you have a weird male attraction to brown, wait..... Now it makes sense. Carry on, carry on. We don't discriminate against homosexuals here, you are more then welcome to continue posting. Although I can't think of anything worse, being a fag and a Steeler fan.
So the Rams, Packers, Redskins, Giants, Bears or 49ers haven't done anything since, ok great, got it. I take it you have never been to one of those message boards. I guess you just hang around this board because you have a weird male attraction to brown, wait..... Now it makes sense. Carry on, carry on. We don't discriminate against homosexuals here, you are more then welcome to continue posting. Although I can't think of anything worse, being a fag and a Steeler fan.
Umm they all have won Super Bowls since then. I don't get your point.
But I never heard a Redksins fan brag about their 1942 league title.
Same with a Rams fans and their 1945 and 1951 championship.
My point was teams that have had success since the merger don't hold on to pre-merger success like gold. You listed a bunch of teams whose fans brag about Super Bowl wins but not success from the 50's. Basically who helped prove my point. I guess it is appropraite for me to thanj you for your help.
-
So the Rams, Packers, Redskins, Giants, Bears or 49ers haven't done anything since, ok great, got it. I take it you have never been to one of those message boards. I guess you just hang around this board because you have a weird male attraction to brown, wait..... Now it makes sense. Carry on, carry on. We don't discriminate against homosexuals here, you are more then welcome to continue posting. Although I can't think of anything worse, being a fag and a Steeler fan.
Umm they all have won Super Bowls since then. I don't get your point.
But I never heard a Redksins fan brag about their 1942 league title.
Same with a Rams fans and their 1945 and 1951 championship.
My point was teams that have had success since the merger don't hold on to pre-merger success like gold. You listed a bunch of teams whose fans brag about Super Bowl wins but not success from the 50's. Basically who helped prove my point. I guess it is appropraite for me to thanj you for your help.
Umm they all have won Super Bowls since then. I don't get your point.
But I never heard a Redksins fan brag about their 1942 league title.
Same with a Rams fans and their 1945 and 1951 championship.
My point was teams that have had success since the merger don't hold on to pre-merger success like gold. You listed a bunch of teams whose fans brag about Super Bowl wins but not success from the 50's. Basically who helped prove my point. I guess it is appropraite for me to thanj you for your help.
KaaaaPOWWWIWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
You brought up everything I was thinking. These people seem to not understand the
concept of logic. I have never heard any fans of the teams they mentioned EVER
brag about titles won pre-1970s. Ever. Fans of Rams, Packers, Redskins et al. bring up
successes post the 1960s. In the last 40 years, how many seasons can Brown fan
point to and say the Browns were better than the Steelers? Like 3? Wow.
-
... in how many of those years have the Browns been a better
team than the Steelers? 3? 4? That's pretty crazy to think about.
How can it be that one-sided over such a long stretch?
But kudos on your current run. I am actually kind of happy for
Cleveland, and I'm a Steelers fan! Doesn't make much sense,
but I guess I am happy to see long-suffering fans get a patch
of sunlight on their sidewalk after all these years. But trust me:
I won't feel happy for you for very long, if the Browns do indeed
remain competitive. You fans will make sure of it!
... in how many of those years have the Browns been a better
team than the Steelers? 3? 4? That's pretty crazy to think about.
How can it be that one-sided over such a long stretch?
But kudos on your current run. I am actually kind of happy for
Cleveland, and I'm a Steelers fan! Doesn't make much sense,
but I guess I am happy to see long-suffering fans get a patch
of sunlight on their sidewalk after all these years. But trust me:
I won't feel happy for you for very long, if the Browns do indeed
remain competitive. You fans will make sure of it!
I thought that I would figure this out for you (by the way I am a Ravens fan):
1970 (1)
Browns 7-7
Steelers 5-9
1971 (2)
Browns 9-5
Steelers 6-8
1980 (3)
Browns 11-5
Steelers 9-7
1985 (4)
Browns 8-8
Steelers 7-9
1986 (5)
Browns 12-4
Steelers 6-10
1987 (6)
Browns 10-5
Steelers 8-7
1988 (7)
Browns 10-6
Steelers 5-11
1989 (8)
Browns 9-6-1
Steelers 9-7
1999
Ravens 8-8 (OK, I know that isn't the Browns)
Steelers 6-10
2000
Ravens 12-4 (You know you trolls say the Ravens are the Browns, but intelligent people from Cleveland and Baltimore know the truth)
Steelers 9-7
2003
Ravens 10-6
Steelers 6-10
2006
Ravens 13-3
Steelers 8-8
2007 (tie)
Steelers 10-6 (they did go to the playoffs, but they were no better than the Browns who didn't)
Browns 10-6
2009
Ravens 9-7 (but they went to the playoffs while the devil went down to Georgia)
Steelers 9-7
That is 8.5 times the Browns had a better record than the Steelers and the Browns do already have 8 professional football Championships. Before you use that lame excuse about there not being as many teams back then, wouldn't that mean that each of the teams would have better talent on it making it more difficult to win championships? Before you use the lame defensive and offensive schemes are more difficult today than they were back then, as all of you say about the Steelers steroid era SB Championships, but all of the teams were using the same rules and the D could do things legally withing the rules that are outlawed now. Wouldn't that also make it more difficult to win Championships back then?
-
... in how many of those years have the Browns been a better
team than the Steelers? 3? 4? That's pretty crazy to think about.
How can it be that one-sided over such a long stretch?
But kudos on your current run. I am actually kind of happy for
Cleveland, and I'm a Steelers fan! Doesn't make much sense,
but I guess I am happy to see long-suffering fans get a patch
of sunlight on their sidewalk after all these years. But trust me:
I won't feel happy for you for very long, if the Browns do indeed
remain competitive. You fans will make sure of it!
I thought that I would figure this out for you (by the way I am a Ravens fan):
1970 (1)
Browns 7-7
Steelers 5-9
1971 (2)
Browns 9-5
Steelers 6-8
1980 (3)
Browns 11-5
Steelers 9-7
1985 (4)
Browns 8-8
Steelers 7-9
1986 (5)
Browns 12-4
Steelers 6-10
1987 (6)
Browns 10-5
Steelers 8-7
1988 (7)
Browns 10-6
Steelers 5-11
1989 (8)
Browns 9-6-1
Steelers 9-7
1999
Ravens 8-8 (OK, I know that isn't the Browns)
Steelers 6-10
2000
Ravens 12-4 (You know you trolls say the Ravens are the Browns, but intelligent people from Cleveland and Baltimore know the truth)
Steelers 9-7
2003
Ravens 10-6
Steelers 6-10
2006
Ravens 13-3
Steelers 8-8
2007 (tie)
Steelers 10-6 (they did go to the playoffs, but they were no better than the Browns who didn't)
Browns 10-6
2009
Ravens 9-7 (but they went to the playoffs while the devil went down to Georgia)
Steelers 9-7
That is 8.5 times the Browns had a better record than the Steelers and the Browns do already have 8 professional football Championships. Before you use that lame excuse about there not being as many teams back then, wouldn't that mean that each of the teams would have better talent on it making it more difficult to win championships? Before you use the lame defensive and offensive schemes are more difficult today than they were back then, as all of you say about the Steelers steroid era SB Championships, but all of the teams were using the same rules and the D could do things legally withing the rules that are outlawed now. Wouldn't that also make it more difficult to win Championships back then?
I thought that I would figure this out for you (by the way I am a Ravens fan):
1970 (1)
Browns 7-7
Steelers 5-9
1971 (2)
Browns 9-5
Steelers 6-8
1980 (3)
Browns 11-5
Steelers 9-7
1985 (4)
Browns 8-8
Steelers 7-9
1986 (5)
Browns 12-4
Steelers 6-10
1987 (6)
Browns 10-5
Steelers 8-7
1988 (7)
Browns 10-6
Steelers 5-11
1989 (8)
Browns 9-6-1
Steelers 9-7
1999
Ravens 8-8 (OK, I know that isn't the Browns)
Steelers 6-10
2000
Ravens 12-4 (You know you trolls say the Ravens are the Browns, but intelligent people from Cleveland and Baltimore know the truth)
Steelers 9-7
2003
Ravens 10-6
Steelers 6-10
2006
Ravens 13-3
Steelers 8-8
2007 (tie)
Steelers 10-6 (they did go to the playoffs, but they were no better than the Browns who didn't)
Browns 10-6
2009
Ravens 9-7 (but they went to the playoffs while the devil went down to Georgia)
Steelers 9-7
That is 8.5 times the Browns had a better record than the Steelers and the Browns do already have 8 professional football Championships. Before you use that lame excuse about there not being as many teams back then, wouldn't that mean that each of the teams would have better talent on it making it more difficult to win championships? Before you use the lame defensive and offensive schemes are more difficult today than they were back then, as all of you say about the Steelers steroid era SB Championships, but all of the teams were using the same rules and the D could do things legally withing the rules that are outlawed now. Wouldn't that also make it more difficult to win Championships back then?
You had to use two different teams to try to prove the Steelers aren't almost always better than the Browns. And in 07 we swept the Browns and went to the playoffs. How are you saying we weren't clearly better than them? If you wouldn't have said you are a Ravens fan I would have thought you are a Browns fan. This is by the far stupidest thing that has ever been posted on this board.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login