Skip to content

Future Wide Recievers

The Browns Board
22 17 2.4k
  • by pass rushing DE do you mean a DE in the 3-4 or a pass rushing OLB? either position we could upgrade but i think a DE is higher on the list. They usually arent considered pass rushers really in the 3-4 though

  • Honestly I really hope we draft Defense with our first pick.

    We really need a pass rush DE or a LB.

    We have got to be one of the oldest teams in the NFL on the Defensive side of the ball. Plus, I could do without another Braylon fiasco...

    I'd like to see them go out and get a proven WR, rather than bet high on a rookie. I think if they could find a true no 1 MoMass, Cribbs and Stuckey could be a pretty solid core. (Maybe Williams will be a good surprise) I just really think we need to address the age issue on D.

    I'd give up a number 2 all day to get a guy like Boldin.... Damn Ravens...

    @hx214 said:

    Honestly I really hope we draft Defense with our first pick.

    We really need a pass rush DE or a LB.

    We have got to be one of the oldest teams in the NFL on the Defensive side of the ball. Plus, I could do without another Braylon fiasco...

    I'd like to see them go out and get a proven WR, rather than bet high on a rookie. I think if they could find a true no 1 MoMass, Cribbs and Stuckey could be a pretty solid core. (Maybe Williams will be a good surprise) I just really think we need to address the age issue on D.

    I'd give up a number 2 all day to get a guy like Boldin.... Damn Ravens...

    Defensive ends aren't the pass rushers in the 3-4. The defensive line in the 3-4 has a two-gap responsibility more often than not. That means they eat the blocker in front of them, and are responsible for the gap on either side of them. Therefore, the defensive linemen need to be on the bigger side. Most times, the pressure from a 3-4 defense is generated from a blitzing OLB scraping the edge. That's why a lot of us love Marcus Benard, he's an OLB with a nose for the QB.

    Defensive ends in the 3-4 tend to be around the size of 4-3 defensive tackles. And the noseguard in the 3-4 tends to be around the size of a small planet. Since most college teams run the 4-3 defense, a pass rushing DE would more likely be an OLB for us. We're probably going to be looking for a "tweener". Brian Orakpo is a great example. He played defensive end at Texas, but now plays OLB for the Redskins. Aaron Curry is another good example.

    I'd love to see us nab an Orakpo or Curry type player. I was hoping we drafted either one of them, but it never panned out. Larry English was another pass rusher I was high on. But instead we traded back and got Alex Mack, and I can't complain about that.