Evan Moore
-
An OBR insider just wrote that the Browns are well aware that they have an under utilized talent on their hands and they plan to get him the ball more over these last six games.
Gee, I knew that after one game last year. I think most of us did. He's a unique matchup problem at 6'6" and 250 with the route running and hands of a WR. He's a gift. You have to identify that and use it. This is exactly where I don't understand Daboll. He also should be finding more plays to get Carlton Mitchell downfield and at least find out what the kid has when the lights are on. It's not like we really have anybody who's keeping him on the bench... except the staff.
The right side of the line and the WRs were a mess on Sunday. We need to get Womack back and hope Lauvao is better than he played, because he and St. Clair were a HUGE downgrade from Yates and Womack.
-
Moore also played basketball in college and its easy to see it because whenever a jump ball is thrown to him, he out muscles the defender like he is getting a rebound. All i'm gonna say is Antonio Gates has been working out pretty well for the chargers, give Moore more
-
An OBR insider just wrote that the Browns are well aware that they have an under utilized talent on their hands and they plan to get him the ball more over these last six games.
Gee, I knew that after one game last year. I think most of us did. He's a unique matchup problem at 6'6" and 250 with the route running and hands of a WR. He's a gift. You have to identify that and use it. This is exactly where I don't understand Daboll. He also should be finding more plays to get Carlton Mitchell downfield and at least find out what the kid has when the lights are on. It's not like we really have anybody who's keeping him on the bench... except the staff.
The right side of the line and the WRs were a mess on Sunday. We need to get Womack back and hope Lauvao is better than he played, because he and St. Clair were a HUGE downgrade from Yates and Womack.
An OBR insider just wrote that the Browns are well aware that they have an under utilized talent on their hands and they plan to get him the ball more over these last four games.
Gee, I knew that after one game last year. I think most of us did. He's a unique matchup problem at 6'6" and 250 with the route running and hands of a WR. He's a gift. You have to identify that and use it. This is exactly where I don't understand Daboll. He also should be finding more plays to get Carlton Mitchell downfield and at least find out what the kid has when the lights are on. It's not like we really have anybody who's keeping him on the bench... except the staff.
The right side of the line and the WRs were a mess on Sunday. We need to get Womack back and hope Lauvao is better than he played, because he and St. Clair were a HUGE downgrade from Yates and Womack.
100% agree about Mitchell. They let him come out to block and that's it.
-
I don't understand the role of Evan Moore on this team. He, obviously, has great hands and seems to get open. As much as I like Ben Watson, I feel Moore is a star in waiting.
-
I don't understand the role of Evan Moore on this team. He, obviously, has great hands and seems to get open. As much as I like Ben Watson, I feel Moore is a star in waiting.
I don't understand the role of Evan Moore on this team. He, obviously, has great hands and seems to get open. As much as I like Ben Watson, I feel Moore is a star in waiting.
Mangini's getting the question enough that he sounds vaguely perturbed by it... but I don't quite buy the answer. He basically said McCoy goes to who is open... so Moore is only "open" at the end of games for one big play? Actually, some of the best completions to him the past few games have been when he had one-on-one and just outmuscled the defender. Or outsized him or got position, etc.
I don't think there's a logical answer to the question other than, "Yeah, we need to get him the ball more." Which is what the OBR insider was told.
-
there might be a mismatch against a LB or average safety, but put a good corner on him and he's probably neutralized. the coaches aren't dumb.
there might be a mismatch against a LB or average safety, but put a good corner on him and he's probably neutralized. the coaches aren't dumb.
Say that about Austin Collie, Wes Welker.. Anyone remember Brian Brennan.. Guy was our clutch 3rd down receiver... Never wore gloves, even on the coldest day, and never dropped a ball... (well almost never) A very well run route and a well timed pass will be a DB.
I've said it before, our QB's have got to throw the ball... You have to throw the ball and you have to catch it.. if you don't throw it.. you can't catch it. Not every thrown ball is going to be perfect and a WR isn't always going to leave his DB in the dust... You sometimes have to throw it up and let the WR make a play.. and right now.. I think our passing game is not taking enough chances and letting the WR's make plays...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login