Skip to content

Sometimes a Win Doesn't Feel Like a Win

The Browns Board
21 19 1.4k
  • @bonedawg said:

    I know we won today, but I don't feel that usual excitement after a Browns win. Maybe it is because we squeaked out a win against a team we should have dominated. We had our foot on their throat in the first half and then came the Moore fumble. It was like I could have written the rest of the game from that point. Offensive futility, defense not getting stops on 3rd down. It felt like the Browns team that I have been used to watching since we came back into the league. Couldn't get a first down when we needed to, stupid turnovers, questionable coaching, defense giving up the big play all leading up to the other team driving the field at the end of the game and kicking the winning field goal. Except the kick went wide today, we won a game that we tried to give away. That is what happens when you play a 1-9 team, they find more ways to lose than we did. It feels like the team regressed. Maybe it is because Jake is behind the wheel again, who knows, but we definitely looked like a 3 win team playing a team that was just slightly worse than we could manage to be today.

    Disclaimer: None of this applies to Hillis who is a beast and should be a pro-bowler this year, same to Vickers.

    Disclaimer #2: Hodges and Dawson were spot on. Way to grab it and pull it down Hodges and Dawson to stay true!

    I would have to agree with you on the this one. Yes, we won, but did we deserve to win, NO! Probably the biggest reason was because, IMO, we played the worst team in the league and barely scraped by.

    But on the other hand i thought there were games we deserved to win, but we didn't.

    I'm hoping Delomme goes away real soon and Daboll is fired at the end of the year.

    @dawg08 said:

    I would have to agree with you on the this one. Yes, we won, but did we deserve to win, NO! Probably the biggest reason was because, IMO, we played the worst team in the league and barely scraped by.

    But on the other hand i thought there were games we deserved to win, but we didn't.

    Carolina deserved to win even less....