Skip to content

Cribbs

The Browns Board
36 29 3.4k
  • He got his money, that's what happened.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    He got his money, that's what happened.

    No way. He's dinged up is what- and if it was just for the money, he wouldn't even bother trying to play with 4 bum toes. It's said your big toe is half of your foot- so subtract the other four toes, and Josh is out there trying to run on 1 &1\2 feet. If it was just I got paid, now I can sit. he'd pull a Stallworth on the Browns.

    When healthy, teams were kicking away from Josh. Well guess what? He's not healthy. The margin between being all world and a nobody in the NFL is razor thin- especially in the kick return business. A 1\2 step is the difference between being gone and getting tackled.

  • I'm dissapointed with his lack of offensive touches than anything. Teams are avoiding him on kick offs.. that should be expected.. they can't avoid him when we hand off to him or throw to him... All the off season talk of the different formations and we have seen maybe a total of 20 plays this year, give or take a few. He should be sitting right now with 6-8 touchdowns.. but nadda. The injuries don't help, but even when healthy, he's not getting the ball enough.

  • I'm dissapointed with his lack of offensive touches than anything. Teams are avoiding him on kick offs.. that should be expected.. they can't avoid him when we hand off to him or throw to him... All the off season talk of the different formations and we have seen maybe a total of 20 plays this year, give or take a few. He should be sitting right now with 6-8 touchdowns.. but nadda. The injuries don't help, but even when healthy, he's not getting the ball enough.

    @brownskidd said:

    I'm dissapointed with his lack of offensive touches than anything. Teams are avoiding him on kick offs.. that should be expected.. they can't avoid him when we hand off to him or throw to him... All the off season talk of the different formations and we have seen maybe a total of 20 plays this year, give or take a few. He should be sitting right now with 6-8 touchdowns.. but nadda. The injuries don't help, but even when healthy, he's not getting the ball enough.

    Nadda must equal 1 because he did have a 40 yard TD reception at the beginning of the year.

  • What has happened to Josh this season? No touchdowns this season and watching the games he hasn't even been close to breaking one. He is ranked 32nd at 21.4 yards per kickoff return, longest return is 36 yards. Ranked 17th in punt returns at 8.3 yards per return, longest only 17 yards. He finally gets the big contract and the production is gone?

    @4browns said:

    What has happened to Josh this season? No touchdowns this season and watching the games he hasn't even been close to breaking one. He is ranked 32nd at 21.4 yards per kickoff return, longest return is 36 yards. Ranked 17th in punt returns at 8.3 yards per return, longest only 17 yards. He finally gets the big contract and the production is gone?

    He got paid! Isn't that what happens when players get the big contracts. They stink until their contract is almost up again and then they go back to work and expect to "get paid" again. IMO all contracts should be incentive base and you would see alot more good football.

  • Josh did receive a pay raise but his contract was very heavy in incentives, he is losing a lot of money by not being as productive. Josh said his contract "was a good compromise" so I would think he is hungry to make the plays to earn more money.

  • @theclevelandsound said:

    Sorry he's my boy I gotta back him up haha.

    Mine too, I got you.

    I'm just disappointed with him thus far. He needs to stop jumping. So does Hillis.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Mine too, I got you.

    I'm just disappointed with him thus far. He needs to stop jumping. So does Hillis.

    jumping and risking a possible injury does not sound like playing for longevity to me..just my opinion

  • Cribbs touches through 12 games this year compared to last year and yes I know he has missed 1 and 1/2 games this year.

    We all know that they have been kicking away for Cribbs on kickoffs but when they do kick to hes really nothing to work with. There are to many guys coming free on the returns. I mean can you recall even one return that you thought he might break it? Wonder if Cribbs is taking the special teams guys to the pro bowl this year?

    Heres another stat for you guys we are #1 in Kick Return defense and #32 in Kick Returns

    Kick Returns

    45-2009 27-2010

    Punt Returns

    25-2009 16-2010

    Receptions

    18-2009 17-2010

    Rushing Attempts

    34-2009 16-2010

  • The world is full of rainbows and butterflies.

  • When god gives u lemons, u make lemonade

  • Cribbs is old-school and tough as nails. He is injured more than he reveals. He will be great kick returner when he is healthy.

  • He got his money, that's what happened.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    He got his money, that's what happened.

    So your saying that Cribbs now after working his way up from a undrafted player to the status of a Pro Bowler is just now going to sit on his ass and do nothing to help his team? You are full shit. Respect from other teams are trying to keep the kicks away from him and then you ever try to run full speed with 4 crushed toes? Give us a break. He's a playmaker plan and simple.

  • Also, its now illegal to block as a wedge on special teams, so a lot of the holes that were made in the first line of tacklers are no longer there.

  • Cribbs is a role player and great special teams option when he is healthy. Nothing more...

    Really hope we get a true gamebreaking WR in the draft. Julio Jones or AJ Green would be nice. 🙂

  • I dislocated my big toe playing baseball in College. I was done for the season. I couldn't imagine the pain of having more than one on the same foot. Cribbs is very good at what he does: Role/Play maker . Great now my foot hurts. 😄

  • I dislocated my big toe playing baseball in College. I was done for the season. I couldn't imagine the pain of having more than one on the same foot. Cribbs is very good at what he does: Role/Play maker . Great now my foot hurts. 😄

    @36bones said:

    I dislocated my big toe playing baseball in College. I was done for the season. I couldn't imagine the pain of having more than one on the same foot. Cribbs is very good at what he does: Role/Play maker . Great now my foot hurts. 😄

    Dislocated toes can hurt like hell, no?

    bunions1.jpg

  • It's amazing how painful & slow to heal foot injuries are. Cribbs is a WARRIOR just to get out on the field. Try running without putting weight on the toes.

    Mike