Skip to content

Apprently a rumor on WKNR about Mangini

The Browns Board
39 20 3.5k
  • Sabrina apparently said this morning that the players were told by the coaches that they (the coaches) are leaving, or at least acting like it. Also told to play well because they are playing for their jobs. Anyone hear this? I live in Va Beach so I didnt get to hear it, but honestly I call COMPLETE BS! Just a thought.....

  • Holmgren would never allow such a cheesy scenario to take place on his watch ... if so, he would be the one needing to be shown the door.

  • Holmgren would never allow such a cheesy scenario to take place on his watch ... if so, he would be the one needing to be shown the door.

    @atenears said:

    Holmgren would never allow such a cheesy scenario to take place on his watch ... if so, he would be the one needing to be shown the door.

    One of the reasons I call BS, also the fact that it came from Sabrina on the WKNR is another big reason. HA!

  • @atenears said:

    Holmgren would never allow such a cheesy scenario to take place on his watch ... if so, he would be the one needing to be shown the door.

    One of the reasons I call BS, also the fact that it came from Sabrina on the WKNR is another big reason. HA!

    @cddbrowns said:

    One of the reasons I call BS, also the fact that it came from Sabrina on the WKNR is another big reason. HA!

    Yea, isn't she the one that claimed one of the Browns she was dating beat her up about 6 months ago?

  • @cddbrowns said:

    One of the reasons I call BS, also the fact that it came from Sabrina on the WKNR is another big reason. HA!

    Yea, isn't she the one that claimed one of the Browns she was dating beat her up about 6 months ago?

    @brownsfan4evr said:

    Yea, isn't she the one that claimed one of the Browns she was dating beat her up about 6 months ago?

    I know that she was dating Brandon McDonald, but dont know anything about being beaten. BMAC couldnt have done TOO much damage, he always avoided tackling.....

  • Sabrina apparently said this morning that the players were told by the coaches that they (the coaches) are leaving, or at least acting like it. Also told to play well because they are playing for their jobs. Anyone hear this? I live in Va Beach so I didnt get to hear it, but honestly I call COMPLETE BS! Just a thought.....

    @cddbrowns said:

    Sabrina apparently said this morning that the players were told by the coaches that they (the coaches) are leaving, or at least acting like it. Also told to play well because they are playing for their jobs. Anyone hear this? I live in Va Beach so I didnt get to hear it, but honestly I call COMPLETE BS! Just a thought.....

    Well every player should play like their job depends on it after a season like this. That's a given and the coaches should feel the same way.

    Just heard John Clayton say he expects Mangini to have to take the fall for this year short comings. He knows Holmgren well.

  • @cddbrowns said:

    Sabrina apparently said this morning that the players were told by the coaches that they (the coaches) are leaving, or at least acting like it. Also told to play well because they are playing for their jobs. Anyone hear this? I live in Va Beach so I didnt get to hear it, but honestly I call COMPLETE BS! Just a thought.....

    Well every player should play like their job depends on it after a season like this. That's a given and the coaches should feel the same way.

    Just heard John Clayton say he expects Mangini to have to take the fall for this year short comings. He knows Holmgren well.

    @1-more-season said:

    Well every player should play like their job depends on it after a season like this. That's a given and the coaches should feel the same way.

    Just heard John Clayton say he expects Mangini to have to take the fall for this year short comings. He knows Holmgren well.

    Holmgren is the one who select Delhomme. Why should he hold Mangini responsible for that?

    What about the fact that the Browns have not suffered a single embarassing loss.

    Bill Belichick can't say that, nor can Sean Payton, nor hardly any of the other allegedly better coaches in this league.

    Acquiring the game breakers this team needs is not Mangini's job, it is Holmgren's.

  • @cddbrowns said:

    Sabrina apparently said this morning that the players were told by the coaches that they (the coaches) are leaving, or at least acting like it. Also told to play well because they are playing for their jobs. Anyone hear this? I live in Va Beach so I didnt get to hear it, but honestly I call COMPLETE BS! Just a thought.....

    Well every player should play like their job depends on it after a season like this. That's a given and the coaches should feel the same way.

    Just heard John Clayton say he expects Mangini to have to take the fall for this year short comings. He knows Holmgren well.

    @1-more-season said:

    Well every player should play like their job depends on it after a season like this. That's a given and the coaches should feel the same way.

    Just heard John Clayton say he expects Mangini to have to take the fall for this year short comings. He knows Holmgren well.

    Sounds like it's getting out there, as these things do. I don't know from Sabrina (I'm in L.A.), but if she dated a player, my guess is she's connected to other players. I'm also betting she didn't just make it up... someone told her the players get the sense the staff isn't coming back.

    Clayton was all over the Holmgren hiring, so I'm betting he also gets a vibe that Holmgren wants to take his chances with his own people and his own schemes... which I do understand.

    In the end, the outcome might change, but that doesn't mean any of this is bullshit.

  • @1-more-season said:

    Well every player should play like their job depends on it after a season like this. That's a given and the coaches should feel the same way.

    Just heard John Clayton say he expects Mangini to have to take the fall for this year short comings. He knows Holmgren well.

    Sounds like it's getting out there, as these things do. I don't know from Sabrina (I'm in L.A.), but if she dated a player, my guess is she's connected to other players. I'm also betting she didn't just make it up... someone told her the players get the sense the staff isn't coming back.

    Clayton was all over the Holmgren hiring, so I'm betting he also gets a vibe that Holmgren wants to take his chances with his own people and his own schemes... which I do understand.

    In the end, the outcome might change, but that doesn't mean any of this is bullshit.

    @shepwrite said:

    Sounds like it's getting out there, as these things do. I don't know from Sabrina (I'm in L.A.), but if she dated a player, my guess is she's connected to other players. I'm also betting she didn't just make it up... someone told her the players get the sense the staff isn't coming back.

    Clayton was all over the Holmgren hiring, so I'm betting he also gets a vibe that Holmgren wants to take his chances with his own people and his own schemes... which I do understand.

    In the end, the outcome might change, but that doesn't mean any of this is bullshit.

    I think we should have hired McDaniels like so many Browns fans wanted over Mangini.....(in rampant sarcastic tone)

  • @1-more-season said:

    Well every player should play like their job depends on it after a season like this. That's a given and the coaches should feel the same way.

    Just heard John Clayton say he expects Mangini to have to take the fall for this year short comings. He knows Holmgren well.

    Sounds like it's getting out there, as these things do. I don't know from Sabrina (I'm in L.A.), but if she dated a player, my guess is she's connected to other players. I'm also betting she didn't just make it up... someone told her the players get the sense the staff isn't coming back.

    Clayton was all over the Holmgren hiring, so I'm betting he also gets a vibe that Holmgren wants to take his chances with his own people and his own schemes... which I do understand.

    In the end, the outcome might change, but that doesn't mean any of this is bullshit.

    @shepwrite said:

    Sounds like it's getting out there, as these things do. I don't know from Sabrina (I'm in L.A.), but if she dated a player, my guess is she's connected to other players. I'm also betting she didn't just make it up... someone told her the players get the sense the staff isn't coming back.

    Clayton was all over the Holmgren hiring, so I'm betting he also gets a vibe that Holmgren wants to take his chances with his own people and his own schemes... which I do understand.

    In the end, the outcome might change, but that doesn't mean any of this is bullshit.

    Just cuz you want something to happen doesn't make it true.. I want a link to the comments or I won't believe it. And just because Clayton covered the hiring of Holmgren doesn't mean he can read the guys mind.

    This is one of those times you just wait and see what happens next. I am more concerned about the next few games. I have enjoyed watching the Browns play more competitively this year (outside the bills game), but would like to see some more victories before having to wait another 9 months for football.. or possibly more depending on the lockout..

  • No coach is ever going to come out and tell his players that he is going to get fired unless it already happened and he sure as shit isn't going to tell the whole team that every single player is now playing for their own jobs.

  • I really can't believe anyone listens to that sh*t show on WKNR

  • @1-more-season said:

    Well every player should play like their job depends on it after a season like this. That's a given and the coaches should feel the same way.

    Just heard John Clayton say he expects Mangini to have to take the fall for this year short comings. He knows Holmgren well.

    Holmgren is the one who select Delhomme. Why should he hold Mangini responsible for that?

    What about the fact that the Browns have not suffered a single embarassing loss.

    Bill Belichick can't say that, nor can Sean Payton, nor hardly any of the other allegedly better coaches in this league.

    Acquiring the game breakers this team needs is not Mangini's job, it is Holmgren's.

    @the-gipper said:

    Holmgren is the one who select Delhomme. Why should he hold Mangini responsible for that?

    What about the fact that the Browns have not suffered a single embarassing loss.

    Bill Belichick can't say that, nor can Sean Payton, nor hardly any of the other allegedly better coaches in this league.

    Acquiring the game breakers this team needs is not Mangini's job, it is Holmgren's.

    Here the thing "one upper" I am indifferent as to whether or not Mangini stays or goes. Once the game is over its just a W or a L.

    Keeping Jake in last week IS up to Mangini. My main problem with EM is that in his determination to to stay the course whether or not that course is working or not could be detrimental in the long run. C'mon falling back to the excuse that the Browns have no talent is just that an excuse. They had the talent to beat the Pats and Saints so they should have the talent to beat the Bills.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Holmgren is the one who select Delhomme. Why should he hold Mangini responsible for that?

    What about the fact that the Browns have not suffered a single embarassing loss.

    Bill Belichick can't say that, nor can Sean Payton, nor hardly any of the other allegedly better coaches in this league.

    Acquiring the game breakers this team needs is not Mangini's job, it is Holmgren's.

    Here the thing "one upper" I am indifferent as to whether or not Mangini stays or goes. Once the game is over its just a W or a L.

    Keeping Jake in last week IS up to Mangini. My main problem with EM is that in his determination to to stay the course whether or not that course is working or not could be detrimental in the long run. C'mon falling back to the excuse that the Browns have no talent is just that an excuse. They had the talent to beat the Pats and Saints so they should have the talent to beat the Bills.

    @1-more-season said:

    Here the thing "one upper" I am indifferent as to whether or not Mangini stays or goes. Once the game is over its just a W or a L.

    Keeping Jake in last week IS up to Mangini. My main problem with EM is that in his determination to to stay the course whether or not that course is working or not could be detrimental in the long run. C'mon falling back to the excuse that the Browns have no talent is just that an excuse. They had the talent to beat the Pats and Saints so they should have the talent to beat the Bills.

    I'm ambivalent on Mangini. I know we need a new OC and a new offensive philosophy, but I think that's a given.

    What do I think WILL happen? I think 7-9 gives him a shot. Anything less and Holmgren puts his stamp on the organization in a more meaningful way.

  • @cddbrowns said:

    Sabrina apparently said this morning that the players were told by the coaches that they (the coaches) are leaving, or at least acting like it. Also told to play well because they are playing for their jobs. Anyone hear this? I live in Va Beach so I didnt get to hear it, but honestly I call COMPLETE BS! Just a thought.....

    Well every player should play like their job depends on it after a season like this. That's a given and the coaches should feel the same way.

    Just heard John Clayton say he expects Mangini to have to take the fall for this year short comings. He knows Holmgren well.

    @1-more-season said:

    Well every player should play like their job depends on it after a season like this. That's a given and the coaches should feel the same way.

    This should be a matter of pride is what I mean. I doubt the players are saying "hey guys were not that bad considering we have no talent". Like someone said before thats loser talk and you won't hear that from a pro athlete only on message boards.

  • i believe every word of this rumor. i also believe in aliens and free hooker wednesdays.

  • i believe every word of this rumor. i also believe in aliens and free hooker wednesdays.

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    free hooker wednesdays.

    If only.

  • i believe every word of this rumor. i also believe in aliens and free hooker wednesdays.

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    i believe every word of this rumor. i also believe in aliens and free hooker wednesdays.

    Actually, it is half priced Sundays afternoons. They figure to catch a lot of business that way from all the guys who had to spend the morning in church. Since they have repented their sins in the morning and been given a clean slate they are free to go out that afternoon and replenish their supply for the next week.

  • OMG that dumb bitch Sabrina has guys from out of town quoting her on supposed inside knowledge, totally her dream.

    Great job folks, y'all made her day.

  • I really can't believe anyone listens to that sh*t show on WKNR

    @richiswhere said:

    I really can't believe anyone listens to that sh*t show on WKNR

    For as great ofa Sports town Cleveland is, our sports radio has got to be among the worst. I seldom ever tune into these drum beaters unless it's after a live sporting event I attended and I want to hear the stats on the drive home.

    I do like the high school football coverage at times, but the rest blows.