Pittsburg's field looks like the Aids Quilt
-
Here is a great example of my main issue with stooler fans. I go to a few pitt games a year to take clients (I was at the Jets game last Sunday and, for the record, the field didn't look nearly as bad in person) and what I hate is the attitude when they lose. They don't own up, they bitch and complain about the refs and act like a bunch of spoiled little brats. Seriously.
I take it all in - we tailgate beginning at 11am under one of the million or so bridges they have and have a good time. I appreciate that they do treat rival fans with a receptive nature and good ribbing. There really isn't as much B.S. like you see at the muni-lot. But where they lose me is the righteous attitude. They win on a questionable call and everyone else is wrong because they're the best thing since sliced bread. They lose and it's all the refs fault. And it doesn't matter because they've won super bowls. And they're in the playoffs. And yada yada yada.
It's like a spoiled girl not being asked to prom and responding in a bitchy manner "Fine - I didn't want to go anyway! I already have BETTER plans and I'm too good for that anyway."
Spoiled little bitches. That's the best way to describe what I see when I go to the games over there. Hospitable, fun, good natured spoiled little bitches. Because, after all, ONLY BITCHES WAVE LITTLE YELLOW WASH CLOTHS. I do love that T-Shirt....
Or you could find the posts where I said the jets played a solid game. There were definitely a few terrible calls but we've been getting them all year. Did you watch the raiders game? Probably not. Ryan clark gets a unnecessary roughness penalty and their corners were grabbing jerseys all game. We had the chance to win and we didn't. The jets played a solid game and we lost. We control our own destiny and no gip I won't thank the browns for anything because we'll win the next two games. If the browns do beat the rat birds it will just add insult to injury.
Homotron said:
Or you could find the posts where I said the jets played a solid game. There were definitely a few terrible calls but we've been getting them all year. Did you watch the raiders game? Probably not. Ryan clark gets a unnecessary roughness penalty and their corners were grabbing jerseys all game. We had the chance to win and we didn't. The jets played a solid game and we lost. We control our own destiny and no gip I won't thank the browns for anything because we'll win the next two games. If the browns do beat the rat birds it will just add insult to injury.And squintZ I was talking trash based on zombos weak insult effort. I don't think its the pittsburgh fans that are whiny. Spoiled maybe, but not whiny. Nfl witch hunt all season.
-
Homotron said:
Or you could find the posts where I said the jets played a solid game. There were definitely a few terrible calls but we've been getting them all year. Did you watch the raiders game? Probably not. Ryan clark gets a unnecessary roughness penalty and their corners were grabbing jerseys all game. We had the chance to win and we didn't. The jets played a solid game and we lost. We control our own destiny and no gip I won't thank the browns for anything because we'll win the next two games. If the browns do beat the rat birds it will just add insult to injury.And squintZ I was talking trash based on zombos weak insult effort. I don't think its the pittsburgh fans that are whiny. Spoiled maybe, but not whiny. Nfl witch hunt all season.
Homotron said:
And squintZ I was talking trash based on zombos weak insult effort. I don't think its the pittsburgh fans that are whiny. Spoiled maybe, but not whiny. Nfl witch hunt all season.NFL witch hunt.....Hmmmmmm:
Steelers mistakenly got first down
PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Coach Mike Tomlin concedes the Steelers were mistakenly awarded a first down on a 9-yard run by Rashard Mendenhall during their 22-17 loss to the Jets on Sunday.
On first-and-10 from the Jets 35 early in the second quarter, Mendenhall gained 9 yards to the 26-yard line. After momentary confusion as the chain crew began moving the sticks, referee Peter Morelli's crew put the ball down at the 25 and signaled a first down.
The statistics crew hastily awarded Mendenhall a 10-yard carry - an extra yard that wound up giving him a 100-yard game. The Steelers went on to score a touchdown on Ben Roethlisberger's 9-yard pass to Matt Spaeth.
Mendenhall wound up with 100 yards on 17 carries, rather than the 99 he gained.
Tomlin said the Steelers benefited, but added that the spotting of the ball is always tricky, even if it shouldn't have been in this situation. CBS cameras clearly showed Mendenhall coming up short on the play.
"They spotted it as a first down and, in that situation, it worked in our favor so we moved on," Tomlin said. "I did think he was a yard short."
Mendenhall is seventh in the NFL with 1,173 yards rushing. He averages 83.8 yards per game.
Yep - they're out to get you every chance they get!
Listen - I'm not being an ass, I'm just sharing my honest thoughts. Like I said, I go to several games a year and am there for the entire day - tailgate, game, aftergame. I am immersed in it and these are my outsider views. I also went to the Super Bowl vs the Cards and even saw it there. Spoiled definitely. Maybe not constantly whiney, but whiney nonetheless. Way more that I see when i go to games at other venues.
I am a Browns fan but this isn't impeding my view. It is what it is. I say it every year and I'll continue to say it - when the steelers played the Jags in a home playoff game I had 9 tix in the 16th row behind the steeler bench on the friggin' 50 yard line. I was headed down to see the Buckeyes play for the National Championship so we gave these tickets out to customers. But the customers weren't interested. We take tons of customers and fans to games each season but that game nobody wanted to go to. They said it was too cold and didn't want to go. The real reason was the Jags were looking good and all of the fans I talked to thought the steelers were going to lose - which they did. But that doesn't excuse them for not going. We had to make 20+ calls to get rid of awesome playoff tickets.
That's inexcusable and since then put the steeler fan right in line with the Braves baseball fans. Spoiled. When the going got tough and the weather was poor, the same fans that were chomping at the bit to go during the regular season jumped ship and watched it from home. Tsk tsk...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login