WR's Around The League We Should Look At
-
I watched Leggett all Training Camp. I'll pass. Much worse than Hubbard, Steptoe, Sanders, etc.
-
After watching tape on Hubbard, he looks like a viable receiver, I actually wouldnt mind putting him in the slot this year, or maybe even starting him opposite of Edwards if Stallworth gets sacked.
You know who actually looks really bad on tape... Martin Rucker, he looks straight up awful. He comes out of cuts SLOW AS HELL. He catches with his hands which is good, and has O.K. straightaway speed, but he looks so un-coordinated running any kind of route its quite laugable. I did notice he runs strong though, looks like he's hard to bring down.
Outside of that I really want to see is for us to find some way to land Breaston in a trade.... How does that happen, how do teams pick these guys up in the fifth and sixth rounds and turn them into viable starting material.

-
After watching tape on Hubbard, he looks like a viable receiver, I actually wouldnt mind putting him in the slot this year, or maybe even starting him opposite of Edwards if Stallworth gets sacked.
You know who actually looks really bad on tape... Martin Rucker, he looks straight up awful. He comes out of cuts SLOW AS HELL. He catches with his hands which is good, and has O.K. straightaway speed, but he looks so un-coordinated running any kind of route its quite laugable. I did notice he runs strong though, looks like he's hard to bring down.
Outside of that I really want to see is for us to find some way to land Breaston in a trade.... How does that happen, how do teams pick these guys up in the fifth and sixth rounds and turn them into viable starting material.

How does that happen, how do teams pick these guys up in the fifth and sixth rounds and turn them into viable starting material.
it's called 'good coaching.' i had to look up how it happens because i haven't seen it in so long.
-
When is Rae Carruth up for parole?
Regards
... an'at
.
-
ESPN just reported that the Jaguars released receiver Matt Jones
The Jacksonville Jaguars have released receiver Matt Jones, an NFL source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.
The former Arkansas player was charged with cocaine possession in July.
He was suspended for the last three games of the 2008 season for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. In a plea deal, Jones entered a program that emphasizes treatment.
Jones was released a day early from jail Saturday during a weeklong stay for drinking beer in violation of his plea agreement for a drug charge.
The Jaguars picked Jones in the first round of the NFL draft in 2005. Before his suspension last season, Jones was having the best year of his career, with 65 catches for 761 yards and two touchdowns.
Information from ESPN senior
-
Mangini isnt bringing anyone who has had legal troubles
-
This guy looks like an interesting small school prospect:
WR Guice demonstrates blazing speed at workout
The official Northwestern State (La.) pro day is March 19, but one scout showed up on Tuesday, so the school held an impromptu workout.
WR Dudley Guice put up some impressive numbers on the outdoor FieldTurf track. He checked in at 6-foot-2 1/2, 209 pounds and ran a 4.40- and a 4.43-second 40-yard dash. That time would have ranked him among the fastest participants at last month’s combine. He also had a 39-inch vertical jump, 10-foot, 5-inch broad jump, a 4.01-second short shuttle, a 6.61-second three-cone drill and 12 bench-press reps of 225 pounds. It is also noteworthy that he has 34-inch arms — a good measurement for a wideout.
-
NFL | Several teams showing interest in Guice
Fri, 20 Mar 2009 00:00:09 -0700
Josh Buchanan, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports Northwestern State WR Dudley Guice said during an interview that the New Orleans Saints, the Miami Dolphins, the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Atlanta Falcons, the Cleveland Browns and the Indianapolis Colts are among the teams showing the most interest in him.
-
In all honesty the guy looks good.... but I think he needs to put on some weight.... After seeing a guy like Dez Bryant, every WR looks tiny to me. Were in the AFC north which is very physical, not only are recievers called to run block, but to make the catch and get some yards after, physical yards, when you look at recivers like Anquan Boldin or Hines Ward, you can tell that theyre able to deliver a hit. Ive seen Braylon deliver a few himself (this is why I liked picking up Stallworth when we did, as I dont think there is a better break tackle reciever).
I like recievers that are hard to bring down, here are some examples:


Dez Bryant_________________________________________________Anquan Boldin


Hines Ward______________________________Jerry Porter
I like those WR's with a good Height/Weight ratio
-
Outside of Bryant next year, I think we could scoop up this guy this year as our #2, he is very impressive on the post
Kenny Britt
6"4 215lbs
cout.com Player Evaluation: STRENGTHS
Downfield Threat
Elusiveness with Catch
Red Zone Weapon AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
Hands and Concentration
Route-Running Skills Britt is a physically gifted receiver with tremendous upside. He has great size, good strength and is a dynamic playmaker down field. He’s versatile; he can play inside or outside, he runs good routes and uses his long strides to his advantage. He’s not afraid of contact and makes a lot of receptions over the middle. He’s outstanding after the catch and runs with purpose. - Chris Steuber, Scout.com
-
Nice post, He looks like a nice prospect with great size and with plenty of speed. It is very interesting to see him coming in on friday, so lets wait ant see, i wouldnt be mad if we got him in the 2nd if he is still there.
-
Outside of Bryant next year, I think we could scoop up this guy this year as our #2, he is very impressive on the post
Kenny Britt
6"4 215lbs
cout.com Player Evaluation: STRENGTHS
Downfield Threat
Elusiveness with Catch
Red Zone Weapon AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
Hands and Concentration
Route-Running Skills Britt is a physically gifted receiver with tremendous upside. He has great size, good strength and is a dynamic playmaker down field. He’s versatile; he can play inside or outside, he runs good routes and uses his long strides to his advantage. He’s not afraid of contact and makes a lot of receptions over the middle. He’s outstanding after the catch and runs with purpose. - Chris Steuber, Scout.com
Outside of Bryant next year, I think we could scoop up this guy this year as our #2, he is very impressive on the post
Kenny Britt
6"4 215lbs
It's just hard top say where he is going to go. Kiper has him going in the first round.
It seems a lot of people think he'd be there at #36.
If you wanted the guy you better not plan on him being there at #36. If you want him bad enough you may want to make a deal to move into the late first round.
-
Outside of Bryant next year, I think we could scoop up this guy this year as our #2, he is very impressive on the post
Kenny Britt
6"4 215lbs
It's just hard top say where he is going to go. Kiper has him going in the first round.
It seems a lot of people think he'd be there at #36.
If you wanted the guy you better not plan on him being there at #36. If you want him bad enough you may want to make a deal to move into the late first round.
It's just hard top say where he is going to go. Kiper has him going in the first round.
It seems a lot of people think he'd be there at #36.
If you wanted the guy you better not plan on him being there at #36. If you want him bad enough you may want to make a deal to move into the late first round.
The guy has had a problem with drops. But, he's a big athletic receiver. Personally, I'd rather take Robiskie at #36 and that isn't being a homer. One of the most underrated players in this draft is Nicks. Not super fast but has great hands and makes the tough catches over the middle. He's climbing the board though and could end up in the middle of the 1st round.
-
Actually, I think Nicks' draft surge has been somewhat blunted by concerns about his intelligence and motivation. He only scored an 11 on the Wonderlic, and he showed up to his pro day overweight. He's reportedly dropped at least some of the weight since then, but Peter King says that Hakeem wasn't in great shape when the Ravens worked him out late last week.
He's got great hands and is tough to bring down, but those concerns probably make him a fringe first round pick. It's possible that he'll still be on the board when the Browns pick at #36.
-
Actually, I think Nicks' draft surge has been somewhat blunted by concerns about his intelligence and motivation. He only scored an 11 on the Wonderlic, and he showed up to his pro day overweight. He's reportedly dropped at least some of the weight since then, but Peter King says that Hakeem wasn't in great shape when the Ravens worked him out late last week.
He's got great hands and is tough to bring down, but those concerns probably make him a fringe first round pick. It's possible that he'll still be on the board when the Browns pick at #36.
Aloysius said:
Actually, I think Nicks' draft surge has been somewhat blunted by concerns about his intelligence and motivation. He only scored an 11 on the Wonderlic, and he showed up to his pro day overweight. He's reportedly dropped at least some of the weight since then, but Peter King says that Hakeem wasn't in great shape when the Ravens worked him out late last week.He's got great hands and is tough to bring down, but those concerns probably make him a fringe first round pick. It's possible that he'll still be on the board when the Browns pick at #36.
Not to change direction on this thread but did Josh Cribbs have a wonderlic score?
-
Dumb ass wideouts scare the crap out of me.
Gee, wonder why? Couldn't be the following over the years could it?
1) Quincy "Dr. Q" Morgan
2) Antonio "I run out of bounds on my own" Bryant
3) Denise "Pittsburgh is my favorite" Northcoont
4) Mikey "Dyson Tyson" Jackson
5) Tim "I'm like really, really fast" Carter
6) Braylons "I'm pretty dropping dem balls" Edwards
7) Paulie "Glue Hands" Hubbard
Rico "Don't call me Carty" Smith9) Patrick "I really am better than Brennan" Rowe
10) Frisman "I can throw it 90 yards" Jackson
Get some decent WR's in here that we can rely on to catch the football, play smart, block downfield and not be me first guys.
I go with Maclin and Robiskie if I could get my two. Crabtree scares the crap out of me with his shot at being Ocho Stinko Jr.
-
We can sign Dante Hall, his ankle has had enough time to heal. He's still on the market right? He would be a great stopgap solution
He's so quick
-
Aloysius said:
Actually, I think Nicks' draft surge has been somewhat blunted by concerns about his intelligence and motivation. He only scored an 11 on the Wonderlic, and he showed up to his pro day overweight. He's reportedly dropped at least some of the weight since then, but Peter King says that Hakeem wasn't in great shape when the Ravens worked him out late last week.He's got great hands and is tough to bring down, but those concerns probably make him a fringe first round pick. It's possible that he'll still be on the board when the Browns pick at #36.
Not to change direction on this thread but did Josh Cribbs have a wonderlic score?
Not to change direction on this thread but did Josh Cribbs have a wonderlic score?
I'm sure he took the test sometime during the draft process, but I don't know how he scored.
Here's some more info on Hakeem Nicks:
Speaking on NFL Network, Charley Casserly said that Hakeem Nicks couldn't run ten routes without being gassed at a workout last week and didn't finish the workout.
Nicks apparently lost the weight he gained after a hamstring injury, but is still out of shape. Mike Lombardi also worries that Nicks could struggle to separate at the next level. The issues could cause Nicks to slip into round two, ala Dwayne Jarrett.
-
Not to change direction on this thread but did Josh Cribbs have a wonderlic score?
I'm sure he took the test sometime during the draft process, but I don't know how he scored.
Here's some more info on Hakeem Nicks:
Speaking on NFL Network, Charley Casserly said that Hakeem Nicks couldn't run ten routes without being gassed at a workout last week and didn't finish the workout.
Nicks apparently lost the weight he gained after a hamstring injury, but is still out of shape. Mike Lombardi also worries that Nicks could struggle to separate at the next level. The issues could cause Nicks to slip into round two, ala Dwayne Jarrett.
Aloysius said:
I'm sure he took the test sometime during the draft process, but I don't know how he scored.Here's some more info on Hakeem Nicks:
When I watch him on film I think the guy looks really slow.
It's probably just me, but man, it looks like he is moving in slow motion.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login