Skip to content

Nick Fairley

The Browns Board
23 18 1.4k
  • Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    Fairly is a cheap bastard. So was 45 who stomped on that Oregon player on kickoff. I also hate Cam Newton and I can't wait until the finally say he was actually quality and strip him of the Heisman and strip the team on the national championship.

    We don't need to worry about Fairly- he'll be long gone by the time the Browns pick. I've said it elsewhere, I don't see the Broncos taking a CB @ #2 when they were dead last in the league in sacks. Fairly goes no farther.

    Regarding Auburn's #45, go re watch the tape- I'm about 99% certain that was a retaliation move- the Oregon player kicked him first.

    @hoorta said:

    I don't seen the Broncos taking a CB @ #2 when they were dead last in the league in sacks. Fairly goes no farther.

    Getting Elvis Dumervil back will help alot, 17 sacks last year. I agree though, they need to bring a young guy in. There D-line might be older than ours, then again

    Champ Bailey and Brian Dawkins are up there to. I know there's rumor's about Fairly not being very mature, is that a guy they want to make the highest paid

    player on their team? Weather there's truth to the rumors or not, look what happened to Dez Bryant last year. Maybe Tebow can rub off on him though.

  • He does love to take cheap shots, but it's undeniable that he has talent. I just wonder if he would be a priority for the Browns over someone who plays DE instead of DT.

    Copper said:

    He does love to take cheap shots, but it's undeniable that he has talent. I just wonder if he would be a priority for the Browns over someone who plays DE instead of DT.

    I love Fairly.

    IMO that is exactly what this D needs...someone who is going to SLAM Steelers to the ground and maybe even pop someone in the mouth from time to time.

    If I was a defensive coordinator, I would accuse my players of playing sissy ball if the D didn't get at least 1 roughing/ unsportsman penalty before the half....and I mean a real one, not some trumped up call by the officials.

    If you are going to get called for hitting a QB, you might as well cream the guy.

    After the half you need to calm down a bit so you don't hurt your chances.

    I'd love Fairly on this team. The Browns have been cream puffs on D long enough.

    I want that to end .

  • That "cheap shot" bothered me too, but maybe a little NASTY streak is needed here in Brown's Town. That stuff can be tempered without defeating the "go for the jugular" mentality. QBs would sure start hearing footsteps!

    I wouldn't complain if he ended up here.

    Mike