Phil Savage fired
-
Savage was probably asked to take a demotion, and refused.
As a Steeler fan, you'd probably have loved us to keep Crennell around forever- sort of like us Buckeye fans never wanted to see Lloyd Carr get the boot at at Michigan.
Obviously, I'd love to see you keep a loser like Crennel as head coach around forever. ( 0-8 vs. the Steelers in his short tenure as Browns HC)

But I'm not disputing firing him.
I think it was a stupid move to fire the one guy that showed you any positive change - Phil Savage.
All that talk from Randy Lerner last year about one of the Browns biggest weaknesses being lack of continuity from one regime to the next.
End of 2008, and Savage is out the door. And you've got to start totally fresh again. Just like 1999. Just like 2001. Just like 2005.
Don't you guys ever get sick of that?
I'm guessing its because you're going to make a move for Cowher. Talk here in Pittsburgh is that it might start as soon as tomorrow. But I doubt he ends up coaching next year, and I doubt even more he goes to Cleveland.
Then what?
Obviously, I'd love to see you keep a loser like Crennel as head coach around forever. ( 0-8 vs. the Steelers in his short tenure as Browns HC)
But I'm not disputing firing him.
I think it was a stupid move to fire the one guy that showed you any positive change - Phil Savage.
All that talk from Randy Lerner last year about one of the Browns biggest weaknesses being lack of continuity from one regime to the next.
End of 2008, and Savage is out the door. And you've got to start totally fresh again. Just like 1999. Just like 2001. Just like 2005.
Don't you guys ever get sick of that?
Is it bad when I agree the most with a Steelers fan on here? I'm unhappy about rebuilding again. But here we are. I'm just hoping whoever comes in doesn't clean house. I like a lot of the players that Savage brought in, and I think the right coach can make some great improvements to this team with some tough-love, discipline, and fundamentals.
-
Obviously, I'd love to see you keep a loser like Crennel as head coach around forever. ( 0-8 vs. the Steelers in his short tenure as Browns HC)
But I'm not disputing firing him.
I think it was a stupid move to fire the one guy that showed you any positive change - Phil Savage.
All that talk from Randy Lerner last year about one of the Browns biggest weaknesses being lack of continuity from one regime to the next.
End of 2008, and Savage is out the door. And you've got to start totally fresh again. Just like 1999. Just like 2001. Just like 2005.
Don't you guys ever get sick of that?
Is it bad when I agree the most with a Steelers fan on here? I'm unhappy about rebuilding again. But here we are. I'm just hoping whoever comes in doesn't clean house. I like a lot of the players that Savage brought in, and I think the right coach can make some great improvements to this team with some tough-love, discipline, and fundamentals.
Is it bad when I agree the most with a Steelers fan on here? I'm unhappy about rebuilding again. But here we are. I'm just hoping whoever comes in doesn't clean house. I like a lot of the players that Savage brought in, and I think the right coach can make some great improvements to this team with some tough-love, discipline, and fundamentals.
The one thing Crennel brought here was a steady hand without the knee jerk reactions. It's unfortunate that both Savage & Lerner do not. The fans definately have Lerners ear, and that is not a good thing.
-
Is it bad when I agree the most with a Steelers fan on here? I'm unhappy about rebuilding again. But here we are. I'm just hoping whoever comes in doesn't clean house. I like a lot of the players that Savage brought in, and I think the right coach can make some great improvements to this team with some tough-love, discipline, and fundamentals.
The one thing Crennel brought here was a steady hand without the knee jerk reactions. It's unfortunate that both Savage & Lerner do not. The fans definately have Lerners ear, and that is not a good thing.
-
every superbowl winning coach in history was in the playoffs by their 4th season. Enough said.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login