Skip to content

Tracking down online haters

The Browns Board
23 11 1.9k
  • @thomaspro said:

    Longhorn,

    I would agree with you. But we are talking about these internet tough guys who have a case of keyboard courage. Are you going to fly out to AZ and beat someone up for what they said to you on the internet? Much different than meeting someone on the play ground. At least on the playground you can beat the tar out of them. Not so much on the internet.

    No, because I realize the internet isn't the real world. My "friends" don't live on Facebook, if I want to talk to someone I call them up, and if I allow someone to REALLY get me pissed via some electronic format I deserve it. If someone reads this board regularly, surely they know about 70% of what is said here is in jest or to provoke a sprited response from the other side. If someone takes everything said on this board seriously, they need to contact a virtual shrink to get some virtual therapy so they can overcome their virtual disease.

    Now I have to run. I need to go water my crops in Farmville or my family will starve from lack of food.

    @longhorn said:

    No, because I realize the internet isn't the real world. My "friends" don't live on Facebook, if I want to talk to someone I call them up, and if I allow someone to REALLY get me pissed via some electronic format I deserve it. If someone reads this board regularly, surely they know about 70% of what is said here is in jest or to provoke a sprited response from the other side. If someone takes everything said on this board seriously, they need to contact a virtual shrink to get some virtual therapy so they can overcome their virtual disease.

    Now I have to run. I need to go water my crops in Farmville or my family will starve from lack of food.

    awesome. you are correct sir!

  • @gafreleets said:

    honestly, and it's hard for someone who hasn't gone through what cleveland went through with it's team to know how they'd react for sure, but i'd like to think that this is what i would do.

    would i do it after 1yr? no. after 3yrs? no. after 10yrs and no hope in sight? yeah, i'd probably do it.

    i like to come on this board and give you guys hell, but it's all in good fun. i was devastated too when i heard our biggest rivals would be moving to baltimore as a different team. i thought it was garbage, and i know and respect the fans of the browns enough to know that in no way was this something they wanted.

    i don't know exactly where the line is but at some point fans DO have the resposibility (if they are true fans) to not let ownership worry about making bucks and not winning championships.

    i don't know how much you can push your ownership before they'd be willing to just get rid of the team, but i don't think the NFL will let a franchise leave cleveland like it did before. all i can say is i hope things turn around for your franchise.

    HERE'S TO THE BROWNS BEING THE STEELERS TOP COMPETITION IN OUR DIVISION (not the ravens) FROM NOW ON!!!!!!!!!

    Nice, respectful and well thought out post. Thank you. I remember when Steelers fans were wearing the orange ribbons in support for the Cleveland fans. It was very cool. I'm not going to go out and say that there is no hope, but I will say that we were just starting to put it together and then more changes were made again! So with that, now I EXPECT steady improvement! If it's going to take 2-3 years until we get to sniff contention, fine! But I want to see progress with each season. None of this 5-11 BS. Ws should increase and Ls should decrease!

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    you sport a Vajooorna in your pants.

    vajoorna: as in fur burger? hair pie? the slippery susan?

    seriously though. i think a forum is a place for people to post what they want. a lot of people disagree with each other and fight to the bitter end about topics. some just come on to stir the shit pot. some come on and try to invoke a laugh. i can bitch at someone cuz they don't agree with my point of view, and it might ensue in a couple of personal tit for tat shit, but aren't we all browns' fans in the end?

    (yes even you trolls)