Skip to content

Public Service Announcement

The Browns Board
24 14 1.7k
  • I had the flex sig many years ago (has it been that long? yikes) and the colonoscopy last year. The preps for each were similar but you're essentially knocked out for the colonoscopy so I'd say it's easier over all. A day or so of discomfort is well worth the peace of mind to me.

    BTW, it used to be you had to have a straight steel tube shoved in for a similar exam. By comparison the flex sig and colonoscopy are a walk in the park. I, for one, am grateful for this advance in technology.

  • I heard about the rigid tube. Our doctor used the flex screener for the sig from the very beginning as I knew it.

    I had heard once, that in Japan, they didn't have much colon cancer at all - it was figured it was their diet.

    Now, that changed a a bit - they eat junk food more, ... so....

    Like I tell the kids I teach (unofficially) how to ride a four wheeler -

    "You never be too safe, but you can always not be safe enough"

  • I was lucky enough to have my prostate checked this year..

    It was really weird the dr was able to check my prostate and clap at the same time..

    @wrrebel said:

    I was lucky enough to have my prostate checked this year..

    It was really weird the dr was able to check my prostate and clap at the same time..

    better get a second opinion

  • Well, while we all are talkin Browns stuff, I went and had my every three year colon cancer screening. I'm in excellent shape.

    I am high risk, though, because it's on my Dad's side - he had it decades ago, and a few other relatives....

    It's no big deal - you drink the stupid stuff the night before and in the morning (eh... clear video, right?) , and get an IV and it's over and you didn't know

    it happened.

    I was just thinking - I'd hate to lose an online friend on this board, or anybody else new or old, to this cancer, because I never

    said anything about the screening. Check with your family physician, find an expert ....

    I think if folks aren't high risk, but over 50 or something like that, they should consider it.

    Hopefully, your insurance will cover it.

    I don't know if it's our diet for a lot of it in our country, but I know it's so much easier to medically deal with, IF caught early, like so many other things.

    Hey, if the Browns go to the Superbowl next year @@ or the year after... you want to be here and not miss it, right?

    Just thinkin. Take care, everybody.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Well, while we all are talkin Browns stuff, I went and had my every three year colon cancer screening. I'm in excellent shape.

    I am high risk, though, because it's on my Dad's side - he had it decades ago, and a few other relatives....

    It's no big deal - you drink the stupid stuff the night before and in the morning (eh... clear video, right?) , and get an IV and it's over and you didn't know

    it happened.

    I was just thinking - I'd hate to lose an online friend on this board, or anybody else new or old, to this cancer, because I never

    said anything about the screening. Check with your family physician, find an expert ....

    I think if folks aren't high risk, but over 50 or something like that, they should consider it.

    Hopefully, your insurance will cover it.

    I don't know if it's our diet for a lot of it in our country, but I know it's so much easier to medically deal with, IF caught early, like so many other things.

    Hey, if the Browns go to the Superbowl next year @@ or the year after... you want to be here and not miss it, right?

    Just thinkin. Take care, everybody.

    thanks for this post, cal.