Marvin Lewis Says Cam Newton Has "it" Factor
-
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
Wonderlic for a QB is actually plays a larger factor than you think, and it plays an even bigger role in the WCO which the Bengals will be running next season.
ok this has been said many times but, Dan marino i think scored a 16 on the wonderlic. not saying cams the next marino. just saying to not put so much stock in the test.
if cam goes to the Bengals well than we can hope hes not an elite quarterback. pretty much will mean unless soemthing rediculas happens peterson and/or green will fall to us.
ok this has been said many times but, Dan marino i think scored a 16 on the wonderlic. not saying cams the next marino. just saying to not put so much stock in the test.
if cam goes to the Bengals well than we can hope hes not an elite quarterback. pretty much will mean unless something rediculous happens peterson and/or green will fall to us.
As far as the Wunderlich goes- yeah- there's exceptions to the rule like Marino- but teams like to see at least a 20 on the test for a QB. Anything lower is a red flag.
Don't want to see Newton fail- but if the Bengals take him, well hope for Akilli Smith part two- another one year wonder from Oregon. And if the Bengals don't grab a qb, chalk it up to another monumentally dumb move by Mike Brown. I sincerely believe Carson Palmer isn't kidding about retiring.
-
ok this has been said many times but, Dan marino i think scored a 16 on the wonderlic. not saying cams the next marino. just saying to not put so much stock in the test.
if cam goes to the Bengals well than we can hope hes not an elite quarterback. pretty much will mean unless something rediculous happens peterson and/or green will fall to us.
As far as the Wunderlich goes- yeah- there's exceptions to the rule like Marino- but teams like to see at least a 20 on the test for a QB. Anything lower is a red flag.
Don't want to see Newton fail- but if the Bengals take him, well hope for Akilli Smith part two- another one year wonder from Oregon. And if the Bengals don't grab a qb, chalk it up to another monumentally dumb move by Mike Brown. I sincerely believe Carson Palmer isn't kidding about retiring.
I sincerely believe Carson Palmer isn't kidding about retiring.
It's pretty obvious what he's doing, it's business-201.
Carson's camp hopes that the Bengals draft a QB (or trade for one once the CBA is is finalized) so that the Bengals have two high-paid QBs on staff and are strenuously forced to trade the one who doesn't want to be there in the first place.
Will he retire? Sure. But i'm calling bluff and given how cheap Mike Brown is, it's a damn good bluff.
-
I Guess Marvin Lewis think Cam Newton has that "IT' factor go figure with the Bengals and there dysfuntical team..
Well id be very pleased if they did indeed draft him, that'd leave the Browns with alot more options to have at #6
I Guess Marvin Lewis think Cam Newton has that "IT' factor go figure with the Bengals and there dysfuntical team..
Well id be very pleased if they did indeed draft him, that'd leave the Browns with alot more options to have at #6
I hope the Bungles draft Newton and hopeing he's the next Akili Smith that will put them back a few years.
-
I sincerely believe Carson Palmer isn't kidding about retiring.
It's pretty obvious what he's doing, it's business-201.
Carson's camp hopes that the Bengals draft a QB (or trade for one once the CBA is is finalized) so that the Bengals have two high-paid QBs on staff and are strenuously forced to trade the one who doesn't want to be there in the first place.
Will he retire? Sure. But i'm calling bluff and given how cheap Mike Brown is, it's a damn good bluff.
It's pretty obvious what he's doing, it's business-201.
Carson's camp hopes that the Bengals draft a QB (or trade for one once the CBA is is finalized) so that the Bengals have two high-paid QBs on staff and are strenuously forced to trade the one who doesn't want to be there in the first place.
Will he retire? Sure. But i'm calling bluff and given how cheap Mike Brown is, it's a damn good bluff.
Let's just say I got some additional inside info today- although I can't name my source- and it confirmed what I've been saying for months- Palmer is NOT bluffing.
The guy is set for life, lives humbly, already has one torn ACL, and doesn't need or want any more of Mike Brown's BS.
-
It's pretty obvious what he's doing, it's business-201.
Carson's camp hopes that the Bengals draft a QB (or trade for one once the CBA is is finalized) so that the Bengals have two high-paid QBs on staff and are strenuously forced to trade the one who doesn't want to be there in the first place.
Will he retire? Sure. But i'm calling bluff and given how cheap Mike Brown is, it's a damn good bluff.
Let's just say I got some additional inside info today- although I can't name my source- and it confirmed what I've been saying for months- Palmer is NOT bluffing.
The guy is set for life, lives humbly, already has one torn ACL, and doesn't need or want any more of Mike Brown's BS.
Let's just say I got some additional inside info today- although I can't name my source- and it confirmed what I've been saying for months- Palmer is NOT bluffing.
The guy is set for life, lives humbly, already has one torn ACL, and doesn't need or want any more of Mike Brown's BS.
Fair enough. But that doesn't necessarily mean everything I predicted won't happen either.
I'm sure he doesn't want to retire. We'll just have to wait and see.
-
Im not sure what to think about Palmer, i really thinks he still wants to play it just isnt for the Bengals anymore...
Im also thinking he may just walk away if they refuse to trade him and he may very well be set for life...
I understand when i hear Bengal fans get upset about Mike Brown and his pride can over weigh his decisions on certain things...
Instead of trying to make your team better and try an acquire picks for a Player who dosent wanna play for you anymore you'd rather let your pride get in the way and have nothing to show for him...Dosent make sense to me at all
-
It's pretty obvious what he's doing, it's business-201.
Carson's camp hopes that the Bengals draft a QB (or trade for one once the CBA is is finalized) so that the Bengals have two high-paid QBs on staff and are strenuously forced to trade the one who doesn't want to be there in the first place.
Will he retire? Sure. But i'm calling bluff and given how cheap Mike Brown is, it's a damn good bluff.
Let's just say I got some additional inside info today- although I can't name my source- and it confirmed what I've been saying for months- Palmer is NOT bluffing.
The guy is set for life, lives humbly, already has one torn ACL, and doesn't need or want any more of Mike Brown's BS.
Let's just say I got some additional inside info today- although I can't name my source- and it confirmed what I've been saying for months- Palmer is NOT bluffing.
The guy is set for life, lives humbly, already has one torn ACL, and doesn't need or want any more of Mike Brown's BS.
Well, also perhaps Mike Brown may see it as this: If he refuses to trade Palmer and Palmer puts himself on the shelf, then MB makes out because he doesn't have to pay him, and he makes out because he would also deny Palmer's services to any other opponent in the NFL, and what does he lose?: Probably a mid round draft pick which he figures his staff would just kcuf up anyway, and, the rights to Palmer's services. But he figures that he finished in last place with Palmer, why not finish in last place without him and save that money.
MB of course would CERTAINLY be a PRIME supporter of the rookie wage scale.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login