Trading Montario Hardesty For Dion Lewis
-
The most talented back on the team? You do remember a guy named Hillis plays for us right? How can you say Hardesty is the most talented when you haven't seen him play a down in the regular season? Hillis is extremely athletic and a beast. I want Hardesty to pan out for us but I'm afraid the guy is made of glass.
Hillis was a nice story and a pleasant surprise but he is an average NFL running back. He averaged 4.4 ypc behind a pretty solid line and he has fumbling issues. IF Hardesty can stay healthy I will say that a lot of people are going to be surprised by how much PT he gets.
Hillis was a nice story and a pleasant surprise but he is an average NFL running back. He averaged 4.4 ypc behind a pretty solid line and he has fumbling issues. IF Hardesty can stay healthy I will say that a lot of people are going to be surprised by how much PT he gets.
I hope you are right. IF Hardesty shows more talent than Hillis, that means the Browns will have one hell of a 1-2 combination at RB. Though it seems they might be a sort of baby bull RB combination.
Perhaps they can be Massey and Ferguson, or Allis and Chalmers. Something like that.
-
Please- Hillis was 11th in the league in rushing last year with a very respectable 4.4 ypc, that's feature back in my book. Only two guys in the top 10 were significantly better in ypc and a bunch of them were less- like Rashard Mendenhall.
Yes, Hillis' style of running doesn't bode well for a long career- neither was Earl Campbell's, who he happens to resemble. But Hardesty couldn't make it out of training camp in one piece. I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt for now, but I want to see the guy play an entire season without getting dinged before he can shed the KiJana Carter label.
Give any number of RB's in the league Joe Thomas, Steinbech and Mack on one side and see how many rush for a hell of a lot better than 4.4 yards per carry. I'm 100% with Pizza on this but I've been preaching the same since he signed with the Browns. Now with all that said I'd take Hillis on my team in a heartbeat. I love the way he runs. Would I want him carrying the load full time? Absolutely not because he's not running away from anyone, especially after defenses keyed on him in the latter portion of the season. He's a product of a very solid offensive line.
Homotron said:
Give any number of RB's in the league Joe Thomas, Steinbech and Mack on one side and see how many rush for a hell of a lot better than 4.4 yards per carry. I'm 100% with Pizza on this but I've been preaching the same since he signed with the Browns. Now with all that said I'd take Hillis on my team in a heartbeat. I love the way he runs. Would I want him carrying the load full time? Absolutely not because he's not running away from anyone, especially after defenses keyed on him in the latter portion of the season. He's a product of a very solid offensive line.
There hasn't been a good RB in history that hasn't had a decent O-line in front of him....so you could say that everyone from Jim Brown to Emmitt Smith were "products of a very solid offensive line". That doesn't take away from that RBs capabilities.
In terms of full time RB? Almost every team in the league is now going with some kind of RB by committee setup. If the Browns can add depth and quality with Hardesty running for a share of yards that would be great.
-
Hillis is more than an average running back. We've had other "average backs" here in cleveland and they did nothing like what Hillis did. His numbers were good, and would have been better had there been another back on this team that could have played some minutes and actually provided some relief for him and a change of pace. Lewis could do both and would provide something different that could be exciting and infectious for this offense. I would love to see this trade. I like Hardesty's ability, but it really dosn't balance the backfield with Hillis and he really can't seem to stay healthy. Why not change it up a bit?
-
so we know what hillis' ceiling is after one season with no threat of a passing game?
lmao....hilarious!!!
-
@king-ghoolie-lives said:
Boy, why is HIllis such a Controversial topic? For those who love him: he isn't spectacular. For those who call him an average back:, don't be ridiculous.
Hillis is a valuable asset and perhaps the best skilled player the Browns have. That said, if the Browns don't have a creative offense and a complimentary back who can threated defenses with explosive, shifty, shake-and-bake type running, Hillis will get shut down to a great extent in 2011.
I was hoping to get somebody like that in the draft....someone like Taiwan Jones. Maybe they will find someone to fill that bill out of the undrafted FA pool once they can start signing those guys. Watch for these names as possibles: Derek Locke KY, Anthony Elzy NC, Darren Evans Va. Tech, Noel Devine W.Va..
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login