Buster
-
And just for fun, I skimmed the Preseason Wk.1 box scores... I didn't run total numbers, but I'd venture to say that the average kick return is UP from last year. This includes 103yd return from B. Walters, 84 by D. Karim, 70 by J. Knox and 58 by B. Banks. Numerous returns over 30 yards.
Remember that the 5yd adjustment was also put in place with the restriction on the kicking team not being allowed to start 10-15yds behind the kicker. So the kicking team doesn't start by running at full speed when the ball is kicked.
-
I think if the return guys take Cribb's challenge and run it out of the endzone then we won't see too much of a change. How many times during the game Saturday did you see a return not make it past the 20?
-
And just for fun, I skimmed the Preseason Wk.1 box scores... I didn't run total numbers, but I'd venture to say that the average kick return is UP from last year. This includes 103yd return from B. Walters, 84 by D. Karim, 70 by J. Knox and 58 by B. Banks. Numerous returns over 30 yards.
Remember that the 5yd adjustment was also put in place with the restriction on the kicking team not being allowed to start 10-15yds behind the kicker. So the kicking team doesn't start by running at full speed when the ball is kicked.
And just for fun, I skimmed the Preseason Wk.1 box scores... I didn't run total numbers, but I'd venture to say that the average kick return is UP from last year. This includes 103yd return from B. Walters, 84 by D. Karim, 70 by J. Knox and 58 by B. Banks. Numerous returns over 30 yards.
Remember that the 5yd adjustment was also put in place with the restriction on the kicking team not being allowed to start 10-15yds behind the kicker. So the kicking team doesn't start by running at full speed when the ball is kicked.
Well, I was at the Browns Packers game and I saw plenty of times guys running the ball out from 7 years deep in the End Zone. I doubt that will be the norm in the regular season.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login