Why All The Hate Already?
-
Why has everybody on this board given up already?
I used to like reading the threads here, but they have already gotten so negative that it is upsetting.
For everybody who has lost faith in Holmgren and wants him ousted, I got a suggestion for you...
Quit pretending to be a fan of my beloved Cleveland Browns!!!!!!!!
You are obviously not a fan of this team if you think we should jump ship on Holmgren and bring in yet another regime to fail for 2 seasons so they can be gotten rid of for another one, and so on, and so on....
If you think getting rid of Holmgren would help, then you obviously have not been watching this team for the last 12 years. GIVE THEM A CHANCE!!!!!!
Shurmur is a rookie head coach with a short offseason to prepare his team to play. HE IS GOING TO MAKE MISTAKES!!!!
Our team is young. If we brought in Ray Edwards, Vincent Jackson, Nndamni Asomuagh, and whoever else you guys wanted, and we drafted Julio Jones do you really think this team would be Super Bowl bound this year?? NO!!!
We are developing our young players, and creating an identity for this team. Yes they may suck this year, but at least we aren't just bringing in stop-gap guys who do nothing for us and they leave gigantic holes for us when they leave. After this season, we will have a whole bunch of guys experienced in the WCO and 4-3 defense on top of whom we can add talent through FA and the draft. Plus, we have 2 #1 picks next year.
I believe in Holmgren, and I want to see him stay with this team for 7+ years as our President, and I want to see Heckert and Shurmur here for the same amount of time.
Maybe, if we stopped booing our team on Sundays and instead stand behind them in the face of adversity, we would get more passionate play from them. It is all this booing and knee jerk reacting that gets Lerner involved with this team to make changes so that he can keep the fans happy.
Let's just see what these guys can do and maybe try rooting them on instead of having ridiculous expectations that they are doomed to not live up to. Maybe by the end of the year they will develop a nucleus of players that can not only compete, but win football games.
Why has everybody on this board given up already?
I used to like reading the threads here, but they have already gotten so negative that it is upsetting.
For everybody who has lost faith in Holmgren and wants him ousted, I got a suggestion for you...
Quit pretending to be a fan of my beloved Cleveland Browns!!!!!!!!
You are obviously not a fan of this team if you think we should jump ship on Holmgren and bring in yet another regime to fail for 2 seasons so they can be gotten rid of for another one, and so on, and so on....
If you think getting rid of Holmgren would help, then you obviously have not been watching this team for the last 12 years. GIVE THEM A CHANCE!!!!!!
Shurmur is a rookie head coach with a short offseason to prepare his team to play. HE IS GOING TO MAKE MISTAKES!!!!
Our team is young. If we brought in Ray Edwards, Vincent Jackson, Nndamni Asomuagh, and whoever else you guys wanted, and we drafted Julio Jones do you really think this team would be Super Bowl bound this year?? NO!!!
We are developing our young players, and creating an identity for this team. Yes they may suck this year, but at least we aren't just bringing in stop-gap guys who do nothing for us and they leave gigantic holes for us when they leave. After this season, we will have a whole bunch of guys experienced in the WCO and 4-3 defense on top of whom we can add talent through FA and the draft. Plus, we have 2 #1 picks next year.
I believe in Holmgren, and I want to see him stay with this team for 7+ years as our President, and I want to see Heckert and Shurmur here for the same amount of time.
Maybe, if we stopped booing our team on Sundays and instead stand behind them in the face of adversity, we would get more passionate play from them. It is all this booing and knee jerk reacting that gets Lerner involved with this team to make changes so that he can keep the fans happy.
Let's just see what these guys can do and maybe try rooting them on instead of having ridiculous expectations that they are doomed to not live up to. Maybe by the end of the year they will develop a nucleus of players that can not only compete, but win football games.
Excellent post! There are actually quite a few of us who agree with what you state. I just feel somewhat sorry for those who are unable to see a "direction" & "plan" that we had not seen in past years. I remember a time when naysayers were saying "We will NEVER beat the Colts!".....1964, as I recall.
Better time are ahead. I see a return to glory in the not so distant future.
Mike
-
yeah and who was the head coach when these 'impact players' were drafted. exactly.
but holmgren is such a genius that he takes a team last year that was playing way above it's head, disciplined and turn it into a laughing stock week 1 of this season?
BTW how was holmgren responsible for josh cribbs being here or DQ? shows how much you know.
Right... I list 6 players and you name 2 of them as being here before Holmgren. You told me.
Plus, what does the coach have to do with drafting impact players? Heckert drafted the other 4 listed above plus 3 potential playmakers this years draft (taylor, sheard, little). Also, it was Holmgren who wanted McCoy n he's another potential impact player. Plus, we have 2 1st picks next year...
I don't get your rationale or what you suppose as better than we are doing now. Keep Mangini? Fire Shurmur after 1 game?
Get on board with the new regime or go root for another team
Right... I list 6 players and you name 2 of them as being here before Holmgren. You told me.
Plus, what does the coach have to do with drafting impact players? Heckert drafted the other 4 listed above plus 3 potential playmakers this years draft (taylor, sheard, little). Also, it was Holmgren who wanted McCoy n he's another potential impact player. Plus, we have 2 1st picks next year...
I don't get your rationale or what you suppose as better than we are doing now. Keep Mangini? Fire Shurmur after 1 game?
Get on board with the new regime or go root for another team
yeah, that's what i want. fire shurmur. start all over again like we are doing this year. that's exactly what i want. and then let's bring in another holmgren WCO puppet and when they lose four games we fire them too. and keep going and going.
and and you must be right that the head coach has no input on the players being drafted. what a dolt.
i am on board WITH THE BROWNS just don't like holmgren. is that alright with you?
i was rooting for the browns while the best part of you was dripping down your mother's legs.
-
I haven't lost faith in anyone but realistically we have little talent and bad coaching at this point. Were not winning many games thats for sure. My excitement for the season is done. I'll still watch, but begrudgingly
-
I haven't lost faith in anyone but realistically we have little talent and bad coaching at this point. Were not winning many games thats for sure. My excitement for the season is done. I'll still watch, but begrudgingly
I haven't lost faith in anyone but realistically we have little talent and bad coaching at this point. Were not winning many games thats for sure. My excitement for the season is done. I'll still watch, but begrudgingly
We don't really have little talent ... we have little depth.
And how can you say we have bad coaching after 1 game?? We have a rookie HC give the guy a chance ... atleast a half season before you start passing judgement.
-
I haven't lost faith in anyone but realistically we have little talent and bad coaching at this point. Were not winning many games thats for sure. My excitement for the season is done. I'll still watch, but begrudgingly
We don't really have little talent ... we have little depth.
And how can you say we have bad coaching after 1 game?? We have a rookie HC give the guy a chance ... atleast a half season before you start passing judgement.
We don't really have little talent ... we have little depth.
And how can you say we have bad coaching after 1 game?? We have a rookie HC give the guy a chance ... atleast a half season before you start passing judgement.
Everyone looks better after the colts win. Not good, exactly, but better.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login