Skip to content

Nice W

The Browns Board
25 16 2.1k
  • @jrb12711 said:

    I told my friends before the game if Hillis didn't see 25+ carries today I was going to drive to cleveland and protest in front of the stadium haha. Bottom line: When we feed the monster it moves the offense along.

    So what was Shurmur thinking when he had Hardesty in on that first and goal?

    @hoorta said:

    So what was Shurmur thinking when he had Hardesty in on that first and goal?

    yea man, I was just straight baffled there. I mean I guess you don't know if Hillis needed a breather or some issue, but I'm sure he would take that back. But yea it's clear to me anyway that we realized the importance of hillis on the offense sunday. I hope to see a lot more of the same against the fins

  • Zombo said:

    I had no earthly idea. Maybe hardesty had a good week of practice so he promised him a goal line rep or something ... unbelievalbey bad timing to insert him ... we lost four points and my fantasy teams lost six each (hillis is my tailback.

    Zombo

    I'm fine with Hardesty getting carries down near the goal line though not really thrilled with sending him up the middle like that. I've never played football, but I would think getting tossed into the game in the 4th quarter for the first time and getting goal line carries when the field is shorter can't feel very comfortable. Would seem like a strange time to get him his first carries.

  • Zombo said:

    I had no earthly idea. Maybe hardesty had a good week of practice so he promised him a goal line rep or something ... unbelievalbey bad timing to insert him ... we lost four points and my fantasy teams lost six each (hillis is my tailback.

    Zombo

    I'm fine with Hardesty getting carries down near the goal line though not really thrilled with sending him up the middle like that. I've never played football, but I would think getting tossed into the game in the 4th quarter for the first time and getting goal line carries when the field is shorter can't feel very comfortable. Would seem like a strange time to get him his first carries.

    @mark-o said:

    I'm fine with Hardesty getting carries down near the goal line though not really thrilled with sending him up the middle like that. I've never played football, but I would think getting tossed into the game in the 4th quarter for the first time and getting goal line carries when the field is shorter can't feel very comfortable. Would seem like a strange time to get him his first carries.

    I honestly thought Hardesty must have been injured when we didnt see him all through the game until then, just seemed like you said a strange call to throw him in for his first carry of the day on that series. Dont think many coaches leave out players and bring them in like that unless it for injury replacement reasons, specially as Hillis was being given everything all game prior to that.

  • @mark-o said:

    I'm fine with Hardesty getting carries down near the goal line though not really thrilled with sending him up the middle like that. I've never played football, but I would think getting tossed into the game in the 4th quarter for the first time and getting goal line carries when the field is shorter can't feel very comfortable. Would seem like a strange time to get him his first carries.

    I honestly thought Hardesty must have been injured when we didnt see him all through the game until then, just seemed like you said a strange call to throw him in for his first carry of the day on that series. Dont think many coaches leave out players and bring them in like that unless it for injury replacement reasons, specially as Hillis was being given everything all game prior to that.

    @kamac19 said:

    I honestly thought Hardesty must have been injured when we didnt see him all through the game until then, just seemed like you said a strange call to throw him in for his first carry of the day on that series. Dont think many coaches leave out players and bring them in like that unless it for injury replacement reasons, specially as Hillis was being given everything all game prior to that.

    For a minute I thought it was Hillis who may have been injured until he came back in on like 3rd down.

  • i'm very happy we won, just don't think we could have won with manning at QB. not many teams do/did when the guy is/was in there.

    i doubt if this team is as bad as we played last week but don't think they're ready to be hoisting the lombardi trophy anytime soon either.

    i mean there is this little thing called reality, ya know?

    @miktoxic said:

    i'm very happy we won, just don't think we could have won with manning at QB. not many teams do/did when the guy is/was in there.

    i doubt if this team is as bad as we played last week but don't think they're ready to be hoisting the lombardi trophy anytime soon either.

    i mean there is this little thing called reality, ya know?

    anyone could come up with 60 what-if scenarios. Why not enjoy the win for a few days.