Skip to content

Jets bloggers on Mangini

The Browns Board
42 12 2.9k
  • @pjt1 said:

    If you had a qb in Pennington comming off many surgeries, a year left on contract, soft arm, playing bad (hardly beating back-ups in practice as well) and Farve becomes available comming off a great year, I could see where the decision was made. Dont get me wrong...I wasnt happy with the Farve signing and dont think he should be in the Pro Bowl, BUT this FO has put like 7 of THEIR guys in the PB this year, not too bad. And Mike T is a cap guru as GM. Cower only wanted to speak directly to Woody to tell him NO, not to negotiate a HC position.

    You are sure that the FO put 7 guys into the pro bowl? The coaching staff didn't have anything to do with it? I'm sure that lousy HC who brought them to the team didn't have anything to do with it?

    LMFAO

    P PJT1 wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    You are sure that the FO put 7 guys into the pro bowl? The coaching staff didn't have anything to do with it? I'm sure that lousy HC who brought them to the team didn't have anything to do with it?

    LMFAO

    Of course I am sure. Same coaching staff and game plans as last year where T. Jones (PB) only had 1 TD, yet behind a re-vamped OL (That the FO signed, D. Woody and A. Faneca, (PB) he had 15TD's and 1300 rushing. AND The addition of Farve (PB), whom was brought in by the FO, made opposing DF's respect the pass for once, opening up the running game.

    The FO brought in a legit NT in K. Jenkins (PB) who stuffed the run.

    The coaching staff especially on DF, which is where Mangina supposedly excels, stunk all year. I think Mike Tannenbaum did a great job this year and it had to be hard for him to fire his buddy, but he put business first.

  • BrownsFan17B BrownsFan17 wrote on last edited by
    #42
    One of my biggest issues with RAC was his inability to make halftime adjustments and it scares me that the Jets fans have the same complaints about Mangini.