Does Beanie drop to Round 2 and if so . . . ?
-
-
Regarding Javon Ringer, I would stay away from him early on. He's basically the same height/weight/40 time as Darius Walker, a guy who went undrafted after being projected in the mid-rounds because scouts didn't like his measurables (he ran a bad 40 at the combine.)
I realize they aren't exactly comparable when comparing their college statistics (Ringer had a huge career, with huge averages per carry in his first 3 years, rounded off by 1500 yards and 20 touchdowns this year.) But when it comes to the measurables, they're very similar. I'm not sure Ringer will be running over, around, or thru many people in the NFL.
And everytime I've looked at Knowshon Moreno the past 3 years, I've seen...Cadillac Williams. The running style seems to exact to me, but maybe it's just the southeastern football all blending together. Their size/weights are similar as are their 40 times, but Moreno may be the better all around RB (i.e., blitz pickup.) But shit, I'd take a healthy, pre-injury Cadillac Williams any day.
-
I noticed something about Wells - he does have good speed, though I will definately question the 4.4 speed. He looks more like a 4.5 speed - right around Larry Johnson type. In fact, he reminds me of LJ in that he is patient with his blocking, and from watching the other night, he has the ability to make good cutbacks and get additional yards. He does have a nice stiff arm...
That said, Shon Greene is a helluva back. I would take him over Wells at this point because I am wondering what Wells' durability is like, in spite of missing those 4 games. Evan Royster from PSU has the same issue of staying healthy.
I noticed something about Wells - he does have good speed, though I will definately question the 4.4 speed. He looks more like a 4.5 speed -
Sorry to be a dick.. but you can actually see 1/10th of a second watching a guy on tv??? Damn.. that's amazing... amazing bs
I like Wells too..but not at the #5 pick... I think we go another direction(defense) with the 5 pick and see who is there in round 2.. there are a few good backs available..
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login