Skip to content

Found it! Rich4Eagle watching the OSU-Texas game!

The Browns Board
26 12 2.0k
  • The game Monday hurt like hell. Every Buckeye loss hurts like hell. I've been a Buckeye fan longer than I can remember, and it seems like the losses hurt more every time. However, they played a good game. Hats off to Texas, I have a lot of respect for their team and organization. We have a great recruiting class coming and I am excited to see some of the young guys from last year's recruiting class get some more playing time (Posey is going to be amazing).

    Thaddeus Gibson (Euclid kid) had a great game. He and Rose are going to monsters next year...Nathan Williams, too (as long as he stops shoplifting 🙁). Even if Beanie leaves (which I'm sure he will), our RBs should be good. Boom, a healthy Saine and the new RBs coming in (Berry, Hyde) will solidfy our running attack.

    GO BUCKEYES!!

  • Furns, da ich, Satn, Fools and others thanks for being diehards. The Buckeyes mean a helluva lot to those of us who grew up bleeding it. I think a lot of people forget that these guys haven't been on top forever and we are not bandwagon fans. Hopefully some of these other guys on the board will start to understand that a little bit instead of antagonizing the situation.

    Furns is a lot like me in a ton of ways, so it only makes sense he bleeds Scarlet and Gray too. I just always assumed everybody from Ohio was a Buckeye, whether they went to school there or not. I went there, but I was crying when they lost when I was just a little fooker. OSU is THE school in Ohio, a state loaded with talent and tradition. There is no other comparable to its level, so it only makes sense that it would be the state team.

    I'm a fan of Akron U, live here and went to school here, plus I have a good buddy that coaches there and always know some players. Trust me when I say I may go to a game with OSU playing Akron but I ain't rooting for Akron. Keeping our in state recruits here is huge and Jim T has stepped that up huge, especially after Coop had alienated a few folks. A directly attributable reason Michigan blows now is that they are not getting the primo OSU talent anymore, and if anything Tress is getting their guys.

    We can nitpick Jim T for some X's and O's, but let's not get this twisted. Right now, this guy is going down as a legend and has OSU amongst the top of the NCAA each season. He'll get another National Title soon, mark it down. And if he doesn't, I'll still be bleeding Scarlet and Gray with the rest of us diehards.

    Tressel Way is the street in Berea where Browns headquarters is and Jimmy T's dad is a legend at Baldwin Wallace. Paul Brown coached the Buckeyes before taking his legendary status to Cleveland. The Buckeyes are a huge part of NE and Ohio football and always have been, even way before the Browns. About the only other team with support that's even close to OSU in this football crazed land is Notre Dame, and that is obviously from the Catholic standpoint.

    Go Buckeyes and my man Furns I'm glad you had a great time at the game, I actually was going to PM you and ask if you were going.

    @riffer-x said:

    Tressel Way is the street in Berea where Browns headquarters is and Jimmy T's dad is a legend at Baldwin Wallace. Paul Brown coached the Buckeyes before taking his legendary status to Cleveland.

    Did you know that Lee Tressel also coached at my hometown/Alma-mater Mentor High School (Jimmy was born in that great town!)? The senior Tressel had a 43-8 record there from 1950-55, before heading to Baldwin-Wallace in my current Home Town of Berea. Tressel was 8-0 in 1955, 9-0 in 1954, 9-0 in 1953 & 8-1 in 1952 (Yes, undefeated in his last three seasons, 34-1 in his last four) ... however, he only ranks 4th among Mentors all-time Coaching winning perctanges (gulp!).

    I coach (baseball) in Berea, and see Jimmy T's picture on the wall leading to the gym with every indoor practice. Jim's brother still teaches at my kids school. Does it sound like I'd be a homer if I could?

    With all that, I can easily state that Tressel has been out-coached in recent years, in big games.

    I'm a Buckeye fan ... Jim Tressel and his woven history with my home town(s) just happens to coach them.

    On a side note: Don Shula's sister was one of my teachers in Mentor, as they grew up in neighboring Fairport Harbor. I played ball with his nephew.

    Did you know that Gumbo and I tailgated at Lou Groza's funeral here in Berea? Right there in the freaking church parking lot and his wife was tickled pink that we attended. (ok, maybe that's kind of scary)

    I don't know why I'm throwing out all this useless trivia, just layoff dissing the greatest football team in college football.

    Glad to have you back Rich. I think we are ready to turn this thing around.

  • @riffer-x said:

    Tressel Way is the street in Berea where Browns headquarters is and Jimmy T's dad is a legend at Baldwin Wallace. Paul Brown coached the Buckeyes before taking his legendary status to Cleveland.

    Did you know that Lee Tressel also coached at my hometown/Alma-mater Mentor High School (Jimmy was born in that great town!)? The senior Tressel had a 43-8 record there from 1950-55, before heading to Baldwin-Wallace in my current Home Town of Berea. Tressel was 8-0 in 1955, 9-0 in 1954, 9-0 in 1953 & 8-1 in 1952 (Yes, undefeated in his last three seasons, 34-1 in his last four) ... however, he only ranks 4th among Mentors all-time Coaching winning perctanges (gulp!).

    I coach (baseball) in Berea, and see Jimmy T's picture on the wall leading to the gym with every indoor practice. Jim's brother still teaches at my kids school. Does it sound like I'd be a homer if I could?

    With all that, I can easily state that Tressel has been out-coached in recent years, in big games.

    I'm a Buckeye fan ... Jim Tressel and his woven history with my home town(s) just happens to coach them.

    On a side note: Don Shula's sister was one of my teachers in Mentor, as they grew up in neighboring Fairport Harbor. I played ball with his nephew.

    Did you know that Gumbo and I tailgated at Lou Groza's funeral here in Berea? Right there in the freaking church parking lot and his wife was tickled pink that we attended. (ok, maybe that's kind of scary)

    I don't know why I'm throwing out all this useless trivia, just layoff dissing the greatest football team in college football.

    Glad to have you back Rich. I think we are ready to turn this thing around.

    @atenears said:

    Did you know that Gumbo and I tailgated at Lou groza's funeral? Right there in the freaking church parking lot and his wife was tickled pink that we attended. (ok, maybe that's kind of scary)

    THAT is awesome! You should have invited me.

    Long live "The TOE!"

    Doug

  • Great post Riff. I really had a great time despite the ending. I was high-fiving and chatting with Bucks fans all day. You just didn't see the Texas fans with the same kind of instant comaraderie.

    I'm pretty sure the guys I went to this game with came away with the realization that they weren't as big football fans as they thought they were.

    I warned 'em in advance that there aren't ANY fans more diehard then Buckeyes or Browns fans.

    Now they know.

    Doug

    @furnier said:

    I warned 'em in advance that there aren't ANY fans more diehard then Buckeyes or Browns fans.

    Now they know.

    Doug

    Dude, seriously you are a special unit. I've attended games with you and you are crazy ... Jeff Dahmer starring crazy (oh wait, maybe that was at the bars and around hot women, nevermind). But you are a special breed ... I bet your friends distance themselves from your wicked ass.

    At least you aren't as big as Gumbo and can't pick me up and throw me around like a rag doll.

  • @furnier said:

    I warned 'em in advance that there aren't ANY fans more diehard then Buckeyes or Browns fans.

    Now they know.

    Doug

    Dude, seriously you are a special unit. I've attended games with you and you are crazy ... Jeff Dahmer starring crazy (oh wait, maybe that was at the bars and around hot women, nevermind). But you are a special breed ... I bet your friends distance themselves from your wicked ass.

    At least you aren't as big as Gumbo and can't pick me up and throw me around like a rag doll.

    @atenears said:

    Dude, seriously you are a special unit. I've attended games with you and you are crazy ... Jeff Dahmer stareing crazy (oh wait, maybe that was at the bars and around hot women, nevermind). But you are a special breed ... I bet your friends distance themselves from your wicked ass.

    At least you aren't as big as Gumbo and can't pick me up and throw me around like a rag doll.

    Umm THANKS!....I think. Coming from someone who has been witness to several of Zombo's arrests and the Legendary Fatdad, that's quite a compliment.

    BTW, I have patented "The Dahmer Look."

    Doug

  • My Buckeye fanhood dates to just about the same era as my Browns fanhood....that being the early 70's I remember the OSU-Michigan defensive battles of that era, including the 10-10 tie. I echo what Stan, Rich & Riffer said. For all it's issues (and there are many) I will always love the State Of Ohio. It was awesome watching local kids go to tOSU and succeed. I was thrilled when Orlando Pace went from the Blue Streaks to the Buckeyes to the Super Bowl. It was awesome to see Kelvin Lindsay taking handoffs from Mike Tomczak as I had played alongside him at SHS and watched him tear up the Buckeye Conference for four years. I watched tons of other local guys playing for the Scarlet and Grey over the years.

    Now that I'm in Arizona, I love wearing my colors out here. These people out here have no idea how much those colors mean to me. BTW, I'm just now coming down off the high of my trip to the Fiesta Bowl Monday Night. Yeah, the ending sure did suck, but that was one of the best times I ever had. It was awesome to see that stadium (which is incredible BTW) packed with Ohioans. Almost everybody I talked to made the 2,000 mile trip for this game. I ran into people from: Fremont, Circleville, Lima, Cambridge, Dublin, Grafton and all over the great state of Ohio. The Texas Longhorn "fans" I went with now know the REAL meaning of "football fan." I knew every Buckeye player and where they played High School ball. These "Texas" fans chose the team because a) Earl Campbell once player there b( Ricky Williams once played there and c) because they have cool jerseys. I'm not kidding, a grown man told me that. I screamed my ballz off all game and screamed NO! when Texas scored the final touchdown. The guys I was with thought I was crazy. The next day at work one of those guys told me "I never met anybody like you in my entire life." Whether or not he meant that as a compliment, it WAS a compliment to me.

    GO BUCKEYES!

    Doug

    @furnier said:

    Now that I'm in Arizona, I love wearing my colors out here. These people out here have no idea how much those colors mean to me. BTW, I'm just now coming down off the high of my trip to the Fiesta Bowl Monday Night. Yeah, the ending sure did suck, but that was one of the best times I ever had. It was awesome to see that stadium (which is incredible BTW) packed with Ohioans. Almost everybody I talked to made the 2,000 mile trip for this game. I ran into people from: Fremont, Circleville, Lima, Cambridge, Dublin, Grafton and all over the great state of Ohio. The Texas Longhorn "fans" I went with now know the REAL meaning of "football fan." I knew every Buckeye player and where they played High School ball. These "Texas" fans chose the team because a) Earl Campbell once player there b( Ricky Williams once played there and c) because they have cool jerseys. I'm not kidding, a grown man told me that. I screamed my ballz off all game and screamed NO! when Texas scored the final touchdown. The guys I was with thought I was crazy. The next day at work one of those guys told me "I never met anybody like you in my entire life." Whether or not he meant that as a compliment, it WAS a compliment to me.

    GO BUCKEYES!

    Doug[/color][/b]

    I proudly wore my OSU shirt to work on Monday and then again on Tuesday even after the loss. I'm with you Furns.....in a lot of ways, I'm a bigger OSU fan now that I live 2500 miles away from Ohio than I was when I lived in Ohio.

    I've never seen Ohio State play in person, but it is on my list of things to do this year. I don't agree with Rich on many things, but I do completely agree with him on THE Ohio State University and our support of the team. My 10 year old son has his room decorated in Ohio State scarlet and grey.

    The OSU haters around here can kiss my ass.