Skip to content

Im Glad Browns Lost, Hope They Lose To Pittsburgh, Too

The Browns Board
26 15 1.6k
  • If you're hoping and playing to lose that makes you a pathetic loser period. The day I find out that the browns are playing to lose is the day I never watch them again and I mean that 110%. Losing breeds losing, this is actually something Ghoolie and I agree on for once. We have a pathetic losing culture around here and the notion of losing should make you sick to your stomach. Hoping your team loses is a joke, that basically means you're hoping the players throw in the towel and quit. What do you think is worse, having a good draft pick or having a team full of losers who only see losing and give up?

    SojuS Soju wrote on last edited by Soju
    #21

    @jrb12711 said:

    If you're hoping and playing to lose that makes you a pathetic loser period. The day I find out that the browns are playing to lose is the day I never watch them again and I mean that 110%. Losing breeds losing, this is actually something Ghoolie and I agree on for once. We have a pathetic losing culture around here and the notion of losing should make you sick to your stomach. Hoping your team loses is a joke, that basically means you're hoping the players throw in the towel and quit. What do you think is worse, having a good draft pick or having a team full of losers who only see losing and give up?

    what did winning 4 straight at the end of the 09 season get us? A winning culture? lol NO! It got us the same 5 win season the year after.

  • @hoorta said:

    I've posted this before- Soju must have missed it.

    1st overall- Tim Couch- duh

    1st overall Courtney Brown- duh (or John Abraham)

    3rd overall Gerrard Warren- duh (or Ladainain Tomlinson or Richard Seymour)

    3rd overall Braylon Edwards duh. (or Demarcus Ware or AARON RODGERS)

    6th overall Kellen Winslow- duh (or Ben Rothlisberger)

    The trade up to take Brady Quinn would have been Chris Johnson or Rashard Mendenhall the following year.

    Get the drift? The Browns drafting has SUCKED.

    And that's not even taking into account extreme lower round suckage. Think maybe super scout Phil Savage should have taken the 30 mile drive down to Kent State to take a look at Antonio Gates?

    You are right. The Browns drafting has sucked, but those were under different regimes. Heckert can pick em, so let's give him all the firing power we can with the best prospects! Not the sloppy seconds that are most commonly found in the 10-15 range...

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #22

    @soju said:

    You are right. The Browns drafting has sucked, but those were under different regimes. Heckert can pick em, so let's give him all the firing power we can with the best prospects! Not the sloppy seconds that are most commonly found in the 10-15 range...

    Would you like me to give you the Steelers sloppy seconds they picked in that range, starting with Polamalu? Mendenhall was a 20s range pick, None of their linebackers were drafted in the top 10, (Well, I have to correct that- Farrior was drafted 8th by the Jets, who cut him), Casey Hampton was picked 19th, they picked up Wallace in the third round, and Harrison wasn't even drafted. That's off the top of my head. Rothlisberger was selected 9th.

    Give me those kind of sloppy seconds anytime- Polamalu and Hampton might even make the HOF.

    I'm not debating that drafting high isn't an advantage, but it's not as huge an advantage as you think it is. The Lions, like the Browns stunk for years until they started drafting players like Calvin Johnson, Suh, and Stafford.

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Heckert needs to be fired.

    HIllis, Cribbs, Colt and Hard-on-esty need to be released Monday morning.

    Well, Cribbs HAS slowed down, I'll grant you- remains to be seen if that's an injury or not. The rule changes have seriously taken away the value of a KR\PR.

    Resigning Hillis @ $2 million is a no-brainer. Colt may or may not be replaced.

    Heckert will be back in 2012- I guarantee it. I'd give way better odds of Shurmur walking the plank for his non-performance this year. If Walrus says one year of 5-11 isn't acceptable, well one year of 4-12 sure as hell isn't, spin that one Walrus.

  • C Captain Cheesedick wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Never root against the Browns.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Heckert needs to be fired.

    HIllis, Cribbs, Colt and Hard-on-esty need to be released Monday morning.

    Only on the condition that they can all come and live with you in your house.

  • 1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Deep Thoughts by Ghoulie.....

    They should tear down the stadium and build a new one from straw or sticks or bricks. Immediately!!