Skip to content

It's official Mangini is the new coach

The Browns Board
67 34 5.2k
  • I like it a lot!!

  • We'll see but I thought he was the best choice out there when he became available...good on lerner for pulling the trigger. He will get us a ILB!

  • Mangini, who was against the pickup of Favre, sparred with the future Hall of Famer. Favre threw nine interceptions in the last five games, precipitating the team's free-fall. Johnson wanted Favre to return in 2009 and felt the chances were greater of that with a change of coaches.

    Reminds me of the infamous Belichick/Kosar debacle that preceded the departure of the coach. Not exactly the same thing, but it still evoked the memory.

  • Y'know, reading about the press conference today made me feel a whole better about the move. Mangini seems relaxed and happy and his responses seemed genuine. A really nice way to start.

    As for the stuff that really matters, there's a lot of reason to feel good about the future, the most important being the one Lerner cited: Mangini can hit the ground running since he has some experience.

    He brings discipline, stability and intellect. Those are a GREAT place to start.

    I'm excited!

    (What other choice do I have?)

  • The Browns will play in the Superbowl in February of 2011.

  • I wasn't sure about Mangini, but after hearing his press conference today on the radio,

    that has all changed. He has a sense of humor, and didn't seem to use one inane platitude. Not once.

    Which is very, very refreshing after hearing Crennel DO it most of the time.

    Genuine was a great word to describe him.

    I figure we won't be squinting at the TV now during Browns games, while wondering "What the... are they thinkin?"

  • The one thing I like about Mangini is that when he drafted a rookie, he gave them a chance to play. He realy coached up the rookies and let them go out and play.

    He stated while he was with the Jets that rookies make a few mistakes, but they are excited to play and play hard to impress the coaches.

    I think one of RACs biggest problems was that he basically ignored our rookies. He didn't even want to play them on special teams.