Skip to content

Half Time Show.

The Browns Board
224 30 6.9k
  • For what its worth, I'm not a big fan of either.

    I'm probably not a big fan of a great many of the inductees.

    My personal taste, however, has nothing to do with their stature in the industry.

    I'd say both acts are certainly deserving of a slot in the h o f.

    WSS

  • http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/story/2012/03/22/slash-mixed-on-rock-n-roll-hall-of-fame.html

    Slash on being inducted.

    "It's sort of a bittersweet thing too because there's so many artists that aren't inducted, that came way before Guns did, that really actually almost deserve more to be in there and they're not in there," the guitarist said in an interview Wednesday, listing off Canadian band Rush, Deep Purple, Cheap Trick and Kiss as examples.

    "So it's really hard to sort of feel victorious ... that to me just doesn't seem right."

  • I don't know how kiss can be snubbed really. I mean, their music completely sucks, but is that what rock and roll is really about? I don't think so. Kiss was a kick ass rock act and that's what makes them worthy.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Really? I listen to 98.5 quite a bit, and except occasionally "Working Man" I don't hear much out of them. Or maybe its just that when I hear them come on I punch the button to another station.

    In fact, I don't think I know any other songs by them except Working Man...which is, at its core, a pretty good song....and about the only one I can tolerate.

    To be fair to them, I can't really judge their music because I cannot get past Geddy Lee's awful voice. It is like scratching fingernails on a blackboard. Maybe otherwise they are quite good musically, but when he opens up, I tune off. I have the same basic issue with AC/DC.

    Yeah, back when I lived in Cleveland, WNCX played the shit out of Rush. 2-4 songs a work day sounds about right. The other ones that often get airtime are Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Closer to the Heart, Freewill, Subdivisions, and The Trees. Hell, YYZ got played probably about as often as Focus by Hocus Pocus.

    @vaportrail said:

    Yeah, back when I lived in Cleveland, WNCX played the shit out of Rush. 2-4 songs a work day sounds about right. The other ones that often get airtime are Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Closer to the Heart, Freewill, Subdivisions, and The Trees. Hell, YYZ got played probably about as often as Focus by Hocus Pocus.

    still love the breaking glass breakout lead guitar on 'red barchetta'.