Skip to content

As A Redskins Fan, I Must Say

The Browns Board
106 27 5.0k
  • K Kerrigan91 wrote on last edited by

    Zombo said:

    Dropping from 6-10 to 5-11, check.

    Zombo

    Because the record is the only way to show a team is improving...🙄

    Using that logic, the Browns are worse off with their FO too. It's not like the Browns record has been getting better...

  • K Kerrigan91 wrote on last edited by

    Zombo said:

    Actually I think both teams will be better in 2012 regardless of who gets Griffin. Is ther much talk about Shanahan et al going after Manning? It'd be fun to see Peyton and Eli in the same division.

    Zombo

    There is talk, but most of it is smokescreens.

    Honestly (and I'm one of the few who think this way), I don't want Manning here. Not because his skills have diminished, but it would throw off the long-term success of the team.

    Yeah, we'd be competitive for the next three or four years, but what about after that? We're going to need to draft a QB soon. Based on the rookie contract scale, the guy we draft would be going into the last year of his contract when Manning hangs up his cleats. That would only give us one year of game evals to judge whether we want to give him an extension.

    If not Griffin, I wouldn't be upset with trading down from 6 and taking Tannehill mid to late 1st. Sign a 2nd tier QB (Orton or someone like him) and roll like that. I have faith in Shanahan's ability to groom young QBs into "the" guy.

    Best case scenario for both our teams (IMO):

    Colts keep Manning and trade out of the pick to get players to fit their new defense (they have the Ratbirds old DC, he'll want to run a 3-4). They can get Barkley then next year. Redskins trade up and take Luck with the 1. Browns then either trade up or let RG3 fall to them. We both get elite QBs.

  • Zombo said:

    Actually I think both teams will be better in 2012 regardless of who gets Griffin. Is ther much talk about Shanahan et al going after Manning? It'd be fun to see Peyton and Eli in the same division.

    Zombo

    There is talk, but most of it is smokescreens.

    Honestly (and I'm one of the few who think this way), I don't want Manning here. Not because his skills have diminished, but it would throw off the long-term success of the team.

    Yeah, we'd be competitive for the next three or four years, but what about after that? We're going to need to draft a QB soon. Based on the rookie contract scale, the guy we draft would be going into the last year of his contract when Manning hangs up his cleats. That would only give us one year of game evals to judge whether we want to give him an extension.

    If not Griffin, I wouldn't be upset with trading down from 6 and taking Tannehill mid to late 1st. Sign a 2nd tier QB (Orton or someone like him) and roll like that. I have faith in Shanahan's ability to groom young QBs into "the" guy.

    Best case scenario for both our teams (IMO):

    Colts keep Manning and trade out of the pick to get players to fit their new defense (they have the Ratbirds old DC, he'll want to run a 3-4). They can get Barkley then next year. Redskins trade up and take Luck with the 1. Browns then either trade up or let RG3 fall to them. We both get elite QBs.

    runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by

    @kerrigan91 said:

    There is talk, but most of it is smokescreens.

    Honestly (and I'm one of the few who think this way), I don't want Manning here. Not because his skills have diminished, but it would throw off the long-term success of the team.

    Yeah, we'd be competitive for the next three or four years, but what about after that? We're going to need to draft a QB soon. Based on the rookie contract scale, the guy we draft would be going into the last year of his contract when Manning hangs up his cleats. That would only give us one year of game evals to judge whether we want to give him an extension.

    If not Griffin, I wouldn't be upset with trading down from 6 and taking Tannehill mid to late 1st. Sign a 2nd tier QB (Orton or someone like him) and roll like that. I have faith in Shanahan's ability to groom young QBs into "the" guy.

    Best case scenario for both our teams (IMO):

    Colts keep Manning and trade out of the pick to get players to fit their new defense (they have the Ratbirds old DC, he'll want to run a 3-4). They can get Barkley then next year. Redskins trade up and take Luck with the 1. Browns then either trade up or let RG3 fall to them. We both get elite QBs.

    I think the Skins would make a play for Manning if they thought it would make them legit SB contenders in the short term, they would worry about the long term later as would I if I felt we would be SB contenders with Manning. I think thats a discussion the Skins need to have internally. If they don't think he would they will try to acquire the best one they can in the draft.

  • @kerrigan91 said:

    There is talk, but most of it is smokescreens.

    Honestly (and I'm one of the few who think this way), I don't want Manning here. Not because his skills have diminished, but it would throw off the long-term success of the team.

    Yeah, we'd be competitive for the next three or four years, but what about after that? We're going to need to draft a QB soon. Based on the rookie contract scale, the guy we draft would be going into the last year of his contract when Manning hangs up his cleats. That would only give us one year of game evals to judge whether we want to give him an extension.

    If not Griffin, I wouldn't be upset with trading down from 6 and taking Tannehill mid to late 1st. Sign a 2nd tier QB (Orton or someone like him) and roll like that. I have faith in Shanahan's ability to groom young QBs into "the" guy.

    Best case scenario for both our teams (IMO):

    Colts keep Manning and trade out of the pick to get players to fit their new defense (they have the Ratbirds old DC, he'll want to run a 3-4). They can get Barkley then next year. Redskins trade up and take Luck with the 1. Browns then either trade up or let RG3 fall to them. We both get elite QBs.

    I think the Skins would make a play for Manning if they thought it would make them legit SB contenders in the short term, they would worry about the long term later as would I if I felt we would be SB contenders with Manning. I think thats a discussion the Skins need to have internally. If they don't think he would they will try to acquire the best one they can in the draft.

    K Kerrigan91 wrote on last edited by

    @runyon27 said:

    I think the Skins would make a play for Manning if they thought it would make them legit SB contenders in the short term, they would worry about the long term later as would I if I felt we would be SB contenders with Manning. I think thats a discussion the Skins need to have internally. If they don't think he would they will try to acquire the best one they can in the draft.

    Unless it's a guaranteed Lombardi, I still don't want him. I'd rather have the long-term solution here for the next ten to fifteen years than try to find him once Manning leaves.

    Shanahan had five years to turn the Skins around (three left on his contract). If he doesn't turn us into contenders on a long-term consistent basis, he's gone after 5. Manning doesn't do that.

  • @kerrigan91 said:

    Because your record is better?

    I'm not comparing teams.

    I'm saying if Shanahan is such a Super Bowl winning genie, he's failed to show it thus far in Washington. Blow the guy's cock all you want, he's proven nothing for you.

    But he USED to win Super Bowls, that's what really matters...right?

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'm saying if Shanahan is such a Super Bowl winning genie, he's failed to show it thus far in Washington. Blow the guy's cock all you want, he's proven nothing for you.

    But he USED to win Super Bowls, that's what really matters...right?

    sounds a lot like holmgren.

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    This is a shitbag franchise with a shitbag FO and a shitbag owner.

    The thing is, with the right draft, the Browns could see some legit improvement here in the next few years.

    As good of a talent RG3 is, it would significantly slow down that improvement with what it would take to trade up for him. Not completely stop it, but slow it down A LOT. The Browns need playmakers everywhere on offense (WR, RB, and they could stand to get younger at TE). Stand pat in this draft and take Blackmon at 4 (or trade down to the mid first and take Floyd or Wright and an extra pick). Then with 22, take the best RB available (maybe not Richardson, but LaMar Miller would probably be there) or Dre Kirkpatrick to pair across from Haden, and make a formidable secondary. In the second, go either TE, RB, or DB. Add secondary, linebackers, and WR with your third rounders, and go depth then on.

    Next year, roll with McCoy and a FA signing (possibly Flynn) to see how they do with the newly acquired weapons. If they do well, awesome, you're set. If they don't, go with Barkley, Jones, Wilson, Smith, or Manuel. Trade up if you have to. McCoy has skill, but he needs help to let it show. He may not be Manning or Luck, but he could very easily be on the Josh Freeman/Matt Schaub/Tony Romo level. Good enough to get you where you want to go.

    The Steelers are in cap trouble and need to get rid of players. Their WRs are decent. Polamalu is over-rated IMO (he's been a liability in coverage lately - he tries to jump routes and can get fooled by double moves). Their RBs aren't anything special. Their defense is aging. Done right, in a year or two the Browns could be better than them.

    The Ratbirds have an old defense, too. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are close to retirement, I wouldn't count on them for too long. Ray Rice and Anquan Boldin are legit, but the rest of their offense is lacking. They need help at TE and Flacco isn't going to get it done for them. Browns could easily be on their level sooner than later.

    The Bengals are your only real competition in the long run, but it's not like they're set everywhere. Browns could easily run with them for a while.

    Yes, RG3 would be nice for you all, but he would be hung out to dry without the receivers or RBs to back him up. Get the support system in place and find your QB then.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    @kerrigan91 said:

    The thing is, with the right draft, the Browns could see some legit improvement here in the next few years.

    As good of a talent RG3 is, it would significantly slow down that improvement with what it would take to trade up for him. Not completely stop it, but slow it down A LOT. The Browns need playmakers everywhere on offense (WR, RB, and they could stand to get younger at TE). Stand pat in this draft and take Blackmon at 4 (or trade down to the mid first and take Floyd or Wright and an extra pick). Then with 22, take the best RB available (maybe not Richardson, but LaMar Miller would probably be there) or Dre Kirkpatrick to pair across from Haden, and make a formidable secondary. In the second, go either TE, RB, or DB. Add secondary, linebackers, and WR with your third rounders, and go depth then on.

    Next year, roll with McCoy and a FA signing (possibly Flynn) to see how they do with the newly acquired weapons. If they do well, awesome, you're set. If they don't, go with Barkley, Jones, Wilson, Smith, or Manuel. Trade up if you have to. McCoy has skill, but he needs help to let it show. He may not be Manning or Luck, but he could very easily be on the Josh Freeman/Matt Schaub/Tony Romo level. Good enough to get you where you want to go.

    The Steelers are in cap trouble and need to get rid of players. Their WRs are decent. Polamalu is over-rated IMO (he's been a liability in coverage lately - he tries to jump routes and can get fooled by double moves). Their RBs aren't anything special. Their defense is aging. Done right, in a year or two the Browns could be better than them.

    The Ratbirds have an old defense, too. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are close to retirement, I wouldn't count on them for too long. Ray Rice and Anquan Boldin are legit, but the rest of their offense is lacking. They need help at TE and Flacco isn't going to get it done for them. Browns could easily be on their level sooner than later.

    The Bengals are your only real competition in the long run, but it's not like they're set everywhere. Browns could easily run with them for a while.

    Yes, RG3 would be nice for you all, but he would be hung out to dry without the receivers or RBs to back him up. Get the support system in place and find your QB then.

    wow it takes a fan from another team to throw up some logic on this thread.