My Case For Cyrus Gray
-
Haha, I'd put money on a game between Trinity and Texas State and give TXSt odds. I think Coach Fran would pull out ghe win, although Trinity has been dominant in their division for years. My cousin is a student there, great school, I did my undergrad in San Antonio.
Haha, I'd put money on a game between Trinity and Texas State and give TXSt odds. I think Coach Fran would pull out ghe win, although Trinity has been dominant in their division for years. My cousin is a student there, great school, I did my undergrad in San Antonio.
Trinity is only a Division III school I believe, and behind Rice it is supposed to be the next best school in Texas, academically. So if San Marcos State is D-1 it should be favored in any sporting contest. I understand that it has about 35,000 student. Trinity only has 2500.
And in 1968 the Browns first round draft choice was from Trinity: DL Marvin Upshaw (brother of Gene).
I see that Texas State must not be a hotbed of football talent. They have had only 1 player drafted by the NFL in the last decade. Defensive Tackle Fred Evans taken in 2006, in the 7th round. Though he must be OK, as, for a 7th rounder, he is still playing for the Vikings going into his 7th season.
Trinity has had a couple of alum make the Pro Bowl at least. Henry Schmidt and Pete Cole, Though Upshaw had the longest career, he never made a Pro Bowl.
I do see that our old friend Spergon Wynn, famous for being the QB taken in the draft just ahead of Tom Brady went to Texas St.
-
Haha, I'm a Texas State student and actually almost was a sip until I decided to go to TSU for grad school instead of UT but everybody in Texas loves a good Aggie joke! In all honesty, some of my best friends are Aggies; I've even been a groomsman at an Aggie wedding and played a gig for the Corps of Cadets Ball. So, much love to the Ags. That said, here's another gem. . .
Did you hear about the skeleton they just found in an old building at College Station? It was the 1938 hide and seek champion.
Haha, I'm a Texas State student and actually almost was a sip until I decided to go to TSU for grad school instead of UT but everybody in Texas loves a good Aggie joke!
You mean TU...

And "everybody" do not include old Ags...
Once at a morning staff meeting in the plant where I worked in the mid-70's, an old Ag calmly got up after Aggie joke #3, walked out, returned with a full glass of water, poured it on the joke teller's head and sat back down without saying a word...
Old Ags did not and do not have much tolerance for Aggie jokes.
By contrast when I went to College Station to scope the place out with my daughter in the mid-90's, the Yell Leaders were telling Aggie jokes.
Excuse me now... have to go saw Bossy's horns off... Short... Sharp...
We're nestled in the Texas Hill Country and we're within driving distance of about 15-20 different wineries; its a really cool area.
Texas State was formally Southwest Texas State until the school name became synonymous with partying and the board decided to change the official name of the campus.
Yup.. SWTS topped the Playboy party school list many a time...
Also was home to the Houston Oilers training camp moons ago...
Say hello to Texas Hills Winery for me over near Johnsonville... my personal favorite...
-
Haha, I'm a Texas State student and actually almost was a sip until I decided to go to TSU for grad school instead of UT but everybody in Texas loves a good Aggie joke!
You mean TU...

And "everybody" do not include old Ags...
Once at a morning staff meeting in the plant where I worked in the mid-70's, an old Ag calmly got up after Aggie joke #3, walked out, returned with a full glass of water, poured it on the joke teller's head and sat back down without saying a word...
Old Ags did not and do not have much tolerance for Aggie jokes.
By contrast when I went to College Station to scope the place out with my daughter in the mid-90's, the Yell Leaders were telling Aggie jokes.
Excuse me now... have to go saw Bossy's horns off... Short... Sharp...
We're nestled in the Texas Hill Country and we're within driving distance of about 15-20 different wineries; its a really cool area.
Texas State was formally Southwest Texas State until the school name became synonymous with partying and the board decided to change the official name of the campus.
Yup.. SWTS topped the Playboy party school list many a time...
Also was home to the Houston Oilers training camp moons ago...
Say hello to Texas Hills Winery for me over near Johnsonville... my personal favorite...
You mean TU...

And "everybody" do not include old Ags...
Once at a morning staff meeting in the plant where I worked in the mid-70's, an old Ag calmly got up after Aggie joke #3, walked out, returned with a full glass of water, poured it on the joke teller's head and sat back down without saying a word...
Old Ags did not and do not have much tolerance for Aggie jokes.
By contrast when I went to College Station to scope the place out with my daughter in the mid-90's, the Yell Leaders were telling Aggie jokes.
Excuse me now... have to go saw Bossy's horns off... Short... Sharp...
Yup.. SWTS topped the Playboy party school list many a time...
Also was home to the Houston Oilers training camp moons ago...
Say hello to Texas Hills Winery for me over near Johnsonville... my personal favorite...
Will do sir, I'll have to pay them a visit!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login