Skip to content

Assessing The Falcons Trade

The Browns Board
25 12 1.3k
  • "You have no clue what Jones would have done in the "Murmur" offense. He may have had worse stats than Little. And Jones didn't do better in every aspect. Little had more catches than Jones. Little is more of the big, solid possession receiver and Jones is not. To me, they both accomplished what it was that they were meant to accomplish...and therefore I judge them fairly evenly."

    Well that is the obvious rebuttal. And it's true I have no idea what Jones would have done in our offense.

    But neither do you,no one does,like I said it's all pure speculation.

    Jones may have opened things up and gave Hillis the breathing room to stay healthy and run for another 1000 yards and made McCoy look like a more competent QB.

    As far as the stats go Little was our #1 option Jones was the #3 in Atlanta. Jones had more yards,more touchdowns,more YAC, 5+ more YPC,less drops and less balls thrown his way.

    I'm just not sold on Wright. If we don't take Richardson I wouldn't be surprised if we went RB at 22 then draft Reuben Randle at 37.

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    "You have no clue what Jones would have done in the "Murmur" offense. He may have had worse stats than Little. And Jones didn't do better in every aspect. Little had more catches than Jones. Little is more of the big, solid possession receiver and Jones is not. To me, they both accomplished what it was that they were meant to accomplish...and therefore I judge them fairly evenly."

    Well that is the obvious rebuttal. And it's true I have no idea what Jones would have done in our offense.

    But neither do you,no one does,like I said it's all pure speculation.

    Jones may have opened things up and gave Hillis the breathing room to stay healthy and run for another 1000 yards and made McCoy look like a more competent QB.

    As far as the stats go Little was our #1 option Jones was the #3 in Atlanta. Jones had more yards,more touchdowns,more YAC, 5+ more YPC,less drops and less balls thrown his way.

    I'm just not sold on Wright. If we don't take Richardson I wouldn't be surprised if we went RB at 22 then draft Reuben Randle at 37.

    I'm far less sure on Randle than I am Wright. If we take a WR at #37 I would prefer it to be Sanu. Randle looks more and more like a taller Robo to me. Sanu is built and runs a 4.45 and like Little is a past RB who used power to punish CB.

  • "You have no clue what Jones would have done in the "Murmur" offense. He may have had worse stats than Little. And Jones didn't do better in every aspect. Little had more catches than Jones. Little is more of the big, solid possession receiver and Jones is not. To me, they both accomplished what it was that they were meant to accomplish...and therefore I judge them fairly evenly."

    Well that is the obvious rebuttal. And it's true I have no idea what Jones would have done in our offense.

    But neither do you,no one does,like I said it's all pure speculation.

    Jones may have opened things up and gave Hillis the breathing room to stay healthy and run for another 1000 yards and made McCoy look like a more competent QB.

    As far as the stats go Little was our #1 option Jones was the #3 in Atlanta. Jones had more yards,more touchdowns,more YAC, 5+ more YPC,less drops and less balls thrown his way.

    I'm just not sold on Wright. If we don't take Richardson I wouldn't be surprised if we went RB at 22 then draft Reuben Randle at 37.

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    "You have no clue what Jones would have done in the "Murmur" offense. He may have had worse stats than Little. And Jones didn't do better in every aspect. Little had more catches than Jones. Little is more of the big, solid possession receiver and Jones is not. To me, they both accomplished what it was that they were meant to accomplish...and therefore I judge them fairly evenly."

    Well that is the obvious rebuttal. And it's true I have no idea what Jones would have done in our offense.

    But neither do you,no one does,like I said it's all pure speculation.

    Jones may have opened things up and gave Hillis the breathing room to stay healthy and run for another 1000 yards and made McCoy look like a more competent QB.

    As far as the stats go Little was our #1 option Jones was the #3 in Atlanta. Jones had more yards,more touchdowns,more YAC, 5+ more YPC,less drops and less balls thrown his way.

    I'm just not sold on Wright. If we don't take Richardson I wouldn't be surprised if we went RB at 22 then draft Reuben Randle at 37.

    Then that would make the trade Greg Little....who even with the stats you cite is a pubic hair behind Jones, Phil Taylor...who for a rookie was probably better at his position than either Jones or Little were, Marecic, plus, lets say the RB you say them might take (Miller, Martin??), plus pick #118.

    For that #118 pick here are some potentials:

    Malik Jackson DE Tenn.

    James M. Johnson ILB Nevada

    Ronnie Hillman RB SDSU

    Marvin Jones WR Cal.

    Chris Rainey RB/KR Fla.

    Zebrie Sanders OT Fla. St.

    Nick Toon WR Wisc.

    DeMaris Davis OLB Ark. St.

    Trenton Robinson FS Mich. St.

    Which of those would you want?

  • Well I'm no draft expert but I'd have to say from that list I like Rainey the most. But he wouldn't be needed if we take a guy with a similar skill set higher.

    I don't think you can rule out QB for any pick. I'd like to see them get a guy like Kyle Wilber,Nigel Bradman,Vontez Burfict at 118.

  • @badnewsbrowns said:

    "You have no clue what Jones would have done in the "Murmur" offense. He may have had worse stats than Little. And Jones didn't do better in every aspect. Little had more catches than Jones. Little is more of the big, solid possession receiver and Jones is not. To me, they both accomplished what it was that they were meant to accomplish...and therefore I judge them fairly evenly."

    Well that is the obvious rebuttal. And it's true I have no idea what Jones would have done in our offense.

    But neither do you,no one does,like I said it's all pure speculation.

    Jones may have opened things up and gave Hillis the breathing room to stay healthy and run for another 1000 yards and made McCoy look like a more competent QB.

    As far as the stats go Little was our #1 option Jones was the #3 in Atlanta. Jones had more yards,more touchdowns,more YAC, 5+ more YPC,less drops and less balls thrown his way.

    I'm just not sold on Wright. If we don't take Richardson I wouldn't be surprised if we went RB at 22 then draft Reuben Randle at 37.

    Then that would make the trade Greg Little....who even with the stats you cite is a pubic hair behind Jones, Phil Taylor...who for a rookie was probably better at his position than either Jones or Little were, Marecic, plus, lets say the RB you say them might take (Miller, Martin??), plus pick #118.

    For that #118 pick here are some potentials:

    Malik Jackson DE Tenn.

    James M. Johnson ILB Nevada

    Ronnie Hillman RB SDSU

    Marvin Jones WR Cal.

    Chris Rainey RB/KR Fla.

    Zebrie Sanders OT Fla. St.

    Nick Toon WR Wisc.

    DeMaris Davis OLB Ark. St.

    Trenton Robinson FS Mich. St.

    Which of those would you want?

    @the-gipper said:

    Then that would make the trade Greg Little....who even with the stats you cite is a pubic hair behind Jones, Phil Taylor...who for a rookie was probably better at his position than either Jones or Little were, Marecic, plus, lets say the RB you say them might take (Miller, Martin??), plus pick #118.

    For that #118 pick here are some potentials:

    Malik Jackson DE Tenn.

    James M. Johnson ILB Nevada

    Ronnie Hillman RB SDSU

    Marvin Jones WR Cal.

    Chris Rainey RB/KR Fla.

    Zebrie Sanders OT Fla. St.

    Nick Toon WR Wisc.

    DeMaris Davis OLB Ark. St.

    Trenton Robinson FS Mich. St.

    Which of those would you want?

    First time I read through this I thought you actually called Little a Pubic hair.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Then that would make the trade Greg Little....who even with the stats you cite is a pubic hair behind Jones, Phil Taylor...who for a rookie was probably better at his position than either Jones or Little were, Marecic, plus, lets say the RB you say them might take (Miller, Martin??), plus pick #118.

    For that #118 pick here are some potentials:

    Malik Jackson DE Tenn.

    James M. Johnson ILB Nevada

    Ronnie Hillman RB SDSU

    Marvin Jones WR Cal.

    Chris Rainey RB/KR Fla.

    Zebrie Sanders OT Fla. St.

    Nick Toon WR Wisc.

    DeMaris Davis OLB Ark. St.

    Trenton Robinson FS Mich. St.

    Which of those would you want?

    First time I read through this I thought you actually called Little a Pubic hair.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    First time I read through this I thought you actually called Little a Pubic hair.

    Not quite. Thinking was more along these lines: