Skip to content

Si: Browns Split On Blackmon And Tannehill At #4

The Browns Board
28 17 1.6k
  • D darubes wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Personally I don't think it is pure BS. I'm sure there is some BS in it

    but now totally. Remember, this is the same team that was willing to mortgage

    it's future on RGIII which tells me they think McCoy is garbage.

    This is a quarterback driven league and if you don't have a top flight QB

    you are going nowwhere.Sure Tannehill is getting too much hype but for a

    desperate team looking for a QB (like the Browns) they may be willing to

    take a chance.Holmgren has been known to develop QBs so this may be his last

    hurrah. He is 60+ years old.

  • Personally I don't think it is pure BS. I'm sure there is some BS in it

    but now totally. Remember, this is the same team that was willing to mortgage

    it's future on RGIII which tells me they think McCoy is garbage.

    This is a quarterback driven league and if you don't have a top flight QB

    you are going nowwhere.Sure Tannehill is getting too much hype but for a

    desperate team looking for a QB (like the Browns) they may be willing to

    take a chance.Holmgren has been known to develop QBs so this may be his last

    hurrah. He is 60+ years old.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @darubes said:

    Personally I don't think it is pure BS. I'm sure there is some BS in it

    but now totally. Remember, this is the same team that was willing to mortgage

    it's future on RGIII which tells me they think McCoy is garbage.

    This is a quarterback driven league and if you don't have a top flight QB

    you are going nowwhere.Sure Tannehill is getting too much hype but for a

    desperate team looking for a QB (like the Browns) they may be willing to

    take a chance.Holmgren has been known to develop QBs so this may be his last

    hurrah. He is 60+ years old.

    Be Careful what you say about 60+ year olds. Half the people on here fall in that range.

    I also disagree that the Browns are desperately looking for a QB. If they saw a QB that they thought was a franchise type QB, then they may have wanted to go after him, but that is not desperation, merely opportunism. Last year's trade of the pick that could have netted them Julio Jones showed that if they don't like the talent that is available, they are willing to Pass on it and go elsewhere.....or trade for someone who is salivating over someone who is available.

    Holmgren, the QB genius as you call him never drafted a high pick QB. Joe Montana was a third rounder. Steve Young came in a trade with TB for the rights to Steve Young. Brett Favre was a trade, Matt Hasselbeck was a trade. Colt McCoy is a third rounder.

    The chances that Holmgren has taken have been with QBs with "lesser reputations" that became stars in his system.

    That is why it is premature to pull the plug on MCCoy.

    Holmgren...and Heckert and Shurmur don't necessarily think like you or I may. They don't think they have to go after a big name QB. (I am not honestly convinced that they were that serious about going after RGIII)

  • BendMeOverB BendMeOver wrote on last edited by
    #23

    I think there's a high probability the Browns will select Tannehill with the #4 overall pick. If someone trades with the Vikings, then you'll probably take Weeden with the #22 overall pick. Weeden may be a better QB than either Luck or RG3, but he's 29 years old, which IMO is too old to be selected in the first round, especially if you want to build a contender with the franchise QB you selected with a 1st round pick. Either way the Browns would be over-reaching at either position. Richardson appears to be the best selection available at #4. Blackmon is the highest graded W.O., but he's not a top 10 graded player. However, Blackmon will go to St. Louis at #6 if he's still on the boards.

  • @darubes said:

    Personally I don't think it is pure BS. I'm sure there is some BS in it

    but now totally. Remember, this is the same team that was willing to mortgage

    it's future on RGIII which tells me they think McCoy is garbage.

    This is a quarterback driven league and if you don't have a top flight QB

    you are going nowwhere.Sure Tannehill is getting too much hype but for a

    desperate team looking for a QB (like the Browns) they may be willing to

    take a chance.Holmgren has been known to develop QBs so this may be his last

    hurrah. He is 60+ years old.

    Be Careful what you say about 60+ year olds. Half the people on here fall in that range.

    I also disagree that the Browns are desperately looking for a QB. If they saw a QB that they thought was a franchise type QB, then they may have wanted to go after him, but that is not desperation, merely opportunism. Last year's trade of the pick that could have netted them Julio Jones showed that if they don't like the talent that is available, they are willing to Pass on it and go elsewhere.....or trade for someone who is salivating over someone who is available.

    Holmgren, the QB genius as you call him never drafted a high pick QB. Joe Montana was a third rounder. Steve Young came in a trade with TB for the rights to Steve Young. Brett Favre was a trade, Matt Hasselbeck was a trade. Colt McCoy is a third rounder.

    The chances that Holmgren has taken have been with QBs with "lesser reputations" that became stars in his system.

    That is why it is premature to pull the plug on MCCoy.

    Holmgren...and Heckert and Shurmur don't necessarily think like you or I may. They don't think they have to go after a big name QB. (I am not honestly convinced that they were that serious about going after RGIII)

    D darubes wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @the-gipper said:

    Be Careful what you say about 60+ year olds. Half the people on here fall in that range.

    I am 60+ years old so I guess I am in that range.The better range I may add.

    I also disagree that the Browns are desperately looking for a QB. If they saw a QB that they thought was a franchise type QB, then they may have wanted to go after him, but that is not desperation, merely opportunism. Last year's trade of the pick that could have netted them Julio Jones showed that if they don't like the talent that is available, they are willing to Pass on it and go elsewhere.....or trade for someone who is salivating over someone who is available.

    Holmgren, the QB genius as you call him never drafted a high pick QB. Joe Montana was a third rounder. Steve Young came in a trade with TB for the rights to Steve Young. Brett Favre was a trade, Matt Hasselbeck was a trade. Colt McCoy is a third rounder.

    The chances that Holmgren has taken have been with QBs with "lesser reputations" that became stars in his system.

    That is why it is premature to pull the plug on MCCoy.

    Holmgren...and Heckert and Shurmur don't necessarily think like you or I may. They don't think they have to go after a big name QB. (I am not honestly convinced that they were that serious about going after RGIII)

    I never said that Holmgren was a QB genius just that he develops QBs. I stand by the statement that the

    Browns are desperate for a franchise QB.They have shown NO confidence in McCoy. Clearly they DID go after

    RGIII but I am glad they didn't give up the farm to get him. Even the mention of Tannehill being taken

    at #4 whether a smoke screen or not shows they don't belive McCoy is the long term answer. Plus even

    mentioning taking Weeden at #22 also undercuts McCoy. BTW I don't see them taking either QB in the first

    round just that it is a possibility and that they do not like McCoy long term.

  • @darubes said:

    Personally I don't think it is pure BS. I'm sure there is some BS in it

    but now totally. Remember, this is the same team that was willing to mortgage

    it's future on RGIII which tells me they think McCoy is garbage.

    This is a quarterback driven league and if you don't have a top flight QB

    you are going nowwhere.Sure Tannehill is getting too much hype but for a

    desperate team looking for a QB (like the Browns) they may be willing to

    take a chance.Holmgren has been known to develop QBs so this may be his last

    hurrah. He is 60+ years old.

    Be Careful what you say about 60+ year olds. Half the people on here fall in that range.

    I also disagree that the Browns are desperately looking for a QB. If they saw a QB that they thought was a franchise type QB, then they may have wanted to go after him, but that is not desperation, merely opportunism. Last year's trade of the pick that could have netted them Julio Jones showed that if they don't like the talent that is available, they are willing to Pass on it and go elsewhere.....or trade for someone who is salivating over someone who is available.

    Holmgren, the QB genius as you call him never drafted a high pick QB. Joe Montana was a third rounder. Steve Young came in a trade with TB for the rights to Steve Young. Brett Favre was a trade, Matt Hasselbeck was a trade. Colt McCoy is a third rounder.

    The chances that Holmgren has taken have been with QBs with "lesser reputations" that became stars in his system.

    That is why it is premature to pull the plug on MCCoy.

    Holmgren...and Heckert and Shurmur don't necessarily think like you or I may. They don't think they have to go after a big name QB. (I am not honestly convinced that they were that serious about going after RGIII)

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @the-gipper said:

    Holmgren, the QB genius as you call him never drafted a high pick QB. Brett Favre was a trade...

    (I am not honestly convinced that they were that serious about going after RGIII)

    But he traded a 1st round pick for Brett...

    Agree on RGIII... Driving up RG's trade value only increased the value of our #4...

    @the-gipper said:

    Steve Young came in a trade with TB for the rights to Steve Young.[/color]

    😳😕 Thus proving you are 60+ ??? 😉

  • @the-gipper said:

    Be Careful what you say about 60+ year olds. Half the people on here fall in that range.

    I am 60+ years old so I guess I am in that range.The better range I may add.

    I also disagree that the Browns are desperately looking for a QB. If they saw a QB that they thought was a franchise type QB, then they may have wanted to go after him, but that is not desperation, merely opportunism. Last year's trade of the pick that could have netted them Julio Jones showed that if they don't like the talent that is available, they are willing to Pass on it and go elsewhere.....or trade for someone who is salivating over someone who is available.

    Holmgren, the QB genius as you call him never drafted a high pick QB. Joe Montana was a third rounder. Steve Young came in a trade with TB for the rights to Steve Young. Brett Favre was a trade, Matt Hasselbeck was a trade. Colt McCoy is a third rounder.

    The chances that Holmgren has taken have been with QBs with "lesser reputations" that became stars in his system.

    That is why it is premature to pull the plug on MCCoy.

    Holmgren...and Heckert and Shurmur don't necessarily think like you or I may. They don't think they have to go after a big name QB. (I am not honestly convinced that they were that serious about going after RGIII)

    I never said that Holmgren was a QB genius just that he develops QBs. I stand by the statement that the

    Browns are desperate for a franchise QB.They have shown NO confidence in McCoy. Clearly they DID go after

    RGIII but I am glad they didn't give up the farm to get him. Even the mention of Tannehill being taken

    at #4 whether a smoke screen or not shows they don't belive McCoy is the long term answer. Plus even

    mentioning taking Weeden at #22 also undercuts McCoy. BTW I don't see them taking either QB in the first

    round just that it is a possibility and that they do not like McCoy long term.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @darubes said:

    I never said that Holmgren was a QB genius just that he develops QBs. I stand by the statement that the

    Browns are desperate for a franchise QB.They have shown NO confidence in McCoy. Clearly they DID go after

    RGIII but I am glad they didn't give up the farm to get him. Even the mention of Tannehill being taken

    at #4 whether a smoke screen or not shows they don't belive McCoy is the long term answer. Plus even

    mentioning taking Weeden at #22 also undercuts McCoy. BTW I don't see them taking either QB in the first

    round just that it is a possibility and that they do not like McCoy long term.

    Or, maybe you have simply swallowed the smoke and are now coughing on it.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #27

    😳😕 Thus proving you are 60+ ??? 😉

    Why? Because I know my history? Steve Young was originally drafted in the USFL Supplemental draft by the Bucs, played a couple of years, then traded to San Fran.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Holmgren, the QB genius as you call him never drafted a high pick QB. Brett Favre was a trade...

    (I am not honestly convinced that they were that serious about going after RGIII)

    But he traded a 1st round pick for Brett...

    Agree on RGIII... Driving up RG's trade value only increased the value of our #4...

    @the-gipper said:

    Steve Young came in a trade with TB for the rights to Steve Young.[/color]

    😳😕 Thus proving you are 60+ ??? 😉

    chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @tour2ma said:

    But he traded a 1st round pick for Brett...

    wrong again....ron wolfe traded a first for farve. holmy was just the coach....first year coach at that. you really think he waltzed in and took over for wolfe?

    lmao...